Latest labs 10/13

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

I really hope when i have my consultation with Defy that the doctor will understand how high my SHBG is compared to my total testosterone and he does not go by what he sees for my free testosterone(direct) because i don't think that is accurate.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

I think they realize several of these tests are trash sometimes. I would use a free t calculator typing in totalT shbg and albumin. And I would recheck bloods like madman said before starting trt.

Last edited:

txmx

It looks like your calculated Free T would come in at 10.5, assuming albumin of 4.3. This could be low enough to allow low T symptoms. Direct Free T test is a fleeting snapshot so not necessarily reliable. Defy will be able to advise you.

JayLay777

I had my consultation with defy yesterday and was prescribed Test Cyp- 200mg/ml, 0.38ml twice weekly and 350iu of HCG. Is that too much test and should I ask to go down to 150mg/ml twice a week given that I have naturally decent test but high shbg ?

JayLay777

Total testosterone-657 (264-916)
Free Testosterone (direct)-23.4 (9.3-26.5)
LH-5.8 (1.7-8.6)
FSH-3.6 (1.5-12.4)
Estradiol sensative-17.2 (8.0-35.0)
SHBG-53.5 (16-55.9)

It looks like I'm neither primary or secondary and I just have high SHBG. In my next consult I am going to ask to go on TRT. My total testosterone is good but with my SHBG being so high it is really lowering my free testosterone even though my free is at the top of range. Is direct free testosterone a reliable test? I have all the symptoms of low t but with those numbers would you consider TRT?
With those bloods do you think clomid would benefit me in raising my free test more? I do have high shbg so I don’t know if clomid would help. I did just get a TRT protocol to start TRT st my choice but now I’m second guessing as I do not want to really in injecting myself the rest of my life. I tried clomid and took 1 12.5 mg pill and felt bad but I think I should give it more of a chance.

JayLay777

What Vince is saying is that your E2 might be too LOW, not high. Lowering it would only make you feel worse. He’s saying that boosting it UP might make you feel better, which I agree with.

Your testosterone, total and free, are both too high for a doctor to put you on TRT. When I first looked at your numbers, they were so good that I honest to god thought that those were your lab results while on TRT. I should of known that you weren’t tho due to your LH and FSH not being zero’d out. Both are at healthy levels though, especially LH, which is the one that is responsible for testosterone production. So you definitely don’t need TRT. But Vince took the words right out of my mouth, the first thing I thought of when you had normal testosterone levels but lowish E2 was DHEA. I would definitely get your DHEA-S levels checked. when guys go on DHEA, they usually always report that it spikes their E2, which would be a good thing for you. And also, DHEA has been known to help with almost all the symptoms that you reported.
You say that my testosterone is too high to start TRT and then you say you had similar pre TRT testosterone levels and shbg levels as me and you’re on TRT?

JayLay777

Nitric oxide stuff like Citrulline or Arginine? Circulation problems?

You're E could be LOW, for YOU the individual. With your SHBG, remember SHBG binds to E just like it does with T, you could have very little Free Estrogen. I sometimes have this thought that E should be in a range of close proximity to your SHBG number. Might be why DHEA you say has helped as it can aromatase easily under certain circumstances.
I get what you’re saying but if free E is low that means free T is also low and bound up.

Gman86

You say that my testosterone is too high to start TRT and then you say you had similar pre TRT testosterone levels and shbg levels as me and you’re on TRT?

So my total testosterone and SHBG were about identical to yours before I started TRT. But my free t was at the bottom of the barrel due to the high SHBG. Your free test is perfect. But honestly that might be an error. I think you said on a previous test that your free t was very low, which would make more sense considering how high your SHBG is. So I would definitely get your free t retested. If it comes back low, and you still have all these symptoms, then you could possibly be a candidate for some form of replacement. Possibly Clomid or HCG to start. I went through both before I ended up needing TRT.

JayLay777

So my total testosterone and SHBG were about identical to yours before I started TRT. But my free t was at the bottom of the barrel due to the high SHBG. Your free test is perfect. But honestly that might be an error. I think you said on a previous test that your free t was very low, which would make more sense considering how high your SHBG is. So I would definitely get your free t retested. If it comes back low, and you still have all these symptoms, then you could possibly be a candidate for some form of replacement. Possibly Clomid or HCG to start. I went through both before I ended up needing TRT.
I tried clomid one time and felt horrible but I heard it would lower my free test even more possibly because it increases SHBG which would not be good for me. Did you try clomid before you went on TRT?

Gman86

I tried clomid one time and felt horrible but I heard it would lower my free test even more possibly because it increases SHBG which would not be good for me. Did you try clomid before you went on TRT?

Ya I had the same exact experience on Clomid. Felt the worst I ever felt in my life. But I was on 50mg/ day, which is a high dose. If I was on a lower dose my experience might of been a lot different.

Here’s my blood results while on 50mg of Clomid per day.
Total test - 1535 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free test - 98.5 (46.0-224.0)
Bio test - 198.4 (110.0-575.0 ng/dL)
SHBG 91 (10-50)

Usually my SHBG is low to mid 50’s

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones