Kidney Damage from Steroids

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

It's unusual to see a study of supraphysiological doses of steroids in men, so this study caught my eye. It shows that boldenone causes kidney damage, but other steroids not so much. The abstract says:

BACKGROUND: The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of anabolic steroids on kidneys in bodybuilders.

METHODS: Twenty-two bodybuilders were included in the study. Participants were divided into three groups according to the scheme of steroid usage: group 1 (N.=8, intramuscular 500 mg testosterone enanthate, intramuscular 400 mg nandrolone decanoate and oral 40 mg methandrostenolone for 12 weeks), group 2 (N.=7, intramuscular 500 mg testosterone enanthate, intramuscular 300 mg nandrolone decanoate and intramuscular 300 mg boldenone undecylenate for 16 weeks), and group 3 (N.=7, no steroid intake). Blood urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine (Cr), urine micro-albumin and electrolyte levels were measured. Renal volume, cortical thickness and echogenicity were obtained in ultrasonographic scans.

RESULTS: Renal volume, cortical thickness, echogenicity and protein intake value were significantly higher in group 2 than group 1 and 3. Plasma levels of BUN and Cr in group 2 were significantly higher than other groups (P˂0.001). Urine microalbumin and electrolyte levels were normal in all groups.

CONCLUSIONS: The results of this study indicate that high protein intake, steroid usage, particularly the schemes, including boldenone undecylenate increases cortical echogenicity, thickness of renal parenchyma and renal volume in bodybuilders.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching