Just got labs back. Opinions/advice wanted.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Neal Wayne

48 year old male. Pretty good shape. 6' 190 lbs.

Have the typical Low T symptoms, low drive, lack of interest, some brain fog. I will be working with Defy Medical as soon as I get them a copy of my most recent physical exam results.

Hemoglobin 17
Hematocrit 48.8
Testosterone Total 582 ng/dL
Testosterone Free 12.7 pg/mL
DHEA S 148.9
TSH 1.170
LH 5.2
PSA 1.0
IGF-1 173
Estradiol Sensitive 18.7
SHBG 35.9
Total Cholesterol 177

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your numbers don't look too bad. Did you also have a thyroid panel, TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and both antibodies. The symptoms of hypothyroidism is similar to low testosterone.

Your posts your labs, you should also post your ranges.

Sean Mosher

Nothing too out of the ordinary.
Your symptoms are definitely linked to that low FreeT.
Would be nice to have seen more thyroid numbers just to be able to rule that out or include in in treatment.

Neal Wayne

12A0F5CD-E7E8-41DD-82C8-BA16EA8F9F6F.jpeg

31CC0B6C-A609-436F-9B25-7F4FC65D61F2.jpeg
0CECF542-CF20-4055-A112-3001DC2F2BE4.jpeg

Attachments

• 018A2295-06B3-4857-8178-05EFA836CAC5.jpeg
    018A2295-06B3-4857-8178-05EFA836CAC5.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 65

Neal Wayne

Nothing too out of the ordinary.
Your symptoms are definitely linked to that low FreeT.
Would be nice to have seen more thyroid numbers just to be able to rule that out or include in in treatment.

which thyroid panel do I need to have done?

I have a two hour drive to the nearest Lab Corp location so I will try to time that around my business travel schedule.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Calculated free T is about 11.5 ng/dL, which usually isn't low enough to cause symptoms. Calculated free estradiol is about 0.4 pg/mL. This is towards the lower end of the normal range, but I haven't seen enough of these numbers to have an idea of whether or not it's a problem.

Neal Wayne

I’m going to get the Thyroid panels done next week. Just to be sure to cover all the bases. If they return normal, I am anxious to see what the course of action is that the doc will take. I looked at my total test numbers from a year ago at my GP, it was 380. Since then I started supplementing with zinc, magnesium, and vitamin D. Wondering if that is what caused the level to jump up 200 points.??

Last edited:

Neal Wayne

Your numbers don't look too bad. Did you also have a thyroid panel, TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and both antibodies. The symptoms of hypothyroidism is similar to low testosterone.

Your posts your labs, you should also post your ranges.

Got my Thyroid Lab results today. Going to get this data to the guys at Defy and see what they say. Feel free to comment.

Free T4 1.26 (Range .93-1.70 ng/dL)
Free T3 3.67 (Range 2.50-4.30 pg/mL)
Triiodothyronine, Reverse 16.7 (Range 9.0-27.0 ng/dL)
Antibody Screen, Reflex to Negative
TSH 1.43 (Range .27-4.20 mU/L)

Vince

Super Moderator
Got my Thyroid Lab results today. Going to get this data to the guys at Defy and see what they say. Feel free to comment.

Free T4 1.26 (Range .93-1.70 ng/dL)
Free T3 3.67 (Range 2.50-4.30 pg/mL)
Triiodothyronine, Reverse 16.7 (Range 9.0-27.0 ng/dL)
Antibody Screen, Reflex to Negative
TSH 1.43 (Range .27-4.20 mU/L)
Your thyroid Labs don't look too bad. I can't see them treating it with your numbers.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Testosterone Free 12.7 pg/mL
Shouldn't the normal range be measured in ng/dL?
Yes, but some of the direct tests have different ranges and cannot be compared with anything else. This particular LabCorp test is notoriously unreliable. Over many results it may correlate pretty well with the actual levels, but no individual reading should be trusted that much. That's why it's better to either use calculated free T—from total and SHBG—or else use a more expensive test, such as one based on equilibrium dialysis.

Neal Wayne

So I guess I will try a couple of supplements that I haven’t used before to see if I can boost T levels a bit and/or lower SHGB.

Tongkat Ali and Stinging Nettle root are two that seem to have a large following.

Would not rule out trying Clomid or something similar.

Any advice on these supplements or other measures that I can take are greatly appreciated.

Systemlord

So I guess I will try a couple of supplements that I haven’t used before to see if I can boost T levels a bit and/or lower SHGB.

Tongkat Ali and Stinging Nettle root are two that seem to have a large following.

Would not rule out trying Clomid or something similar.

Any advice on these supplements or other measures that I can take are greatly appreciated.
There are no supplements that boost testosterone, I can't remember a single case where Tongkat Ali and Stinging Nettle root made it to where someone didn't still need TRT.

Clomid will increase SHBG lowering Free T even more.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me