Is it normal to be nervous when starting?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TDCNINJA

I'm waiting for my first shipment to arrive in a few days from Defy Medical. In the meantime, a box of 27g 1/2 inch needles arrived from adw diabetic. Today, I injected a B12 shot sub-Q to practice. I get B12 delivered to my house from the VA every month, but in the past, instead of self-injecting, I've always made an appointment and had the LPN inject me at VA.

Today, I was really nervous. I kept flicking the barrel to get imaginary air bubbles out. I injected into one of my fat rolls about 2-3 inches to the left of my navel. After finishing, I waited for the inevitable heart attack that was going to come from injecting air into my veins or from some unseen mistake. So far, I'm still alive...LOL

I have some health issues/risk factors: Obese, take blood pressure medicine, type II diabetic and a history of 3 blood clots from 2012-2014 after a motorcycle accident with leg trauma where the blood clot later occurred and a period of forced inactivity. I underwent thrombophilia blood work afterward and I didn't have any genetic markers for a predisposition for blood clots.

I have clinically low free testosterone (3.8), 332 total testosterone and a clinically low DHT (20).

I went over all these things with my provider at Defy and he listened carefully and asked questions and prescribed me Test Cyp among other things.

I certainly don't have to preach to the members of this forum about all the misinformation out there about Male hormone replacement. From what I have read, Test is actually cardio-protective. Despite that, I'm nervous about the unknown. Every cockamamie negative story that I've ever read or heard about Test is running through my head. I also know that if I don't change my life and lifestyle I could die from that alone.

My rational mind tells me that I'm doing the right thing. I saw a medical professional, had extensive blood work and made an informed decision. My irrational mind says I'm going to die of a heart attack or blood clot.

Somebody tell me that it's okay to be nervous and that I'm going to be okay.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Yes it’s kind of normal but it’ll subside after sometime. Do not worry too much about it. You may have tendency to panicking and maybe even a bit hypochondriac. If you’re worried ask for a yearly heart check up. Good luck!

TDCNINJA

Yes it’s kind of normal but it’ll subside after sometime. Do not worry too much about it. You may have tendency to panicking and maybe even a bit hypochondriac. If you’re worried ask for a yearly heart check up. Good luck!

Yes, I do. I have TBI and PTSD. Hopefully, if I optimize my hormones, that might result in a calmer, more focused emotional state.

Charliebizz

I’m a overthinker at times and got very nervous in the beginning then a few shots in it’s like taking Tylenol. I even aspirated in a shallow I.m felt injection. Drew up blood pulled needle out shot the blood out stuck it back in and injected lol. Don’t know if that’s safe or not but figured it was my needle in my body what’s the worst that can happen

Tremonti22

Brother it’s completely normal to be anxious about injecting something in your body, especially testosterone which has been demonized our whole lives. I can tell you I don even take aspirin!! Broken bones and no pain meds lol. I had the bottle of test sitting there for weeks before I did it, BUT :

Chill out man, Testosterone is not bad for you, in therapeutic doses it is very good, will make you feel better, get stronger, get healthier and provide better sex and mental clarity. You will feel like a man again. It’s really not a big deal, the shots don’t hurt and it’s not the kind of thing you feel right away, it’s subtle man, and you won’t notice anything for weeks. It has changed my life for the better. You see my avatar? I should show you the before, I’m a 39 year old dad of three and I look and feel like I’m 25. Now I’m not saying everyone will, but as I began to feel better I began to work out and get healthier and that’s what this forum is all about.

Get busy living or get busy dying !

TDCNINJA

If I would have never had a blood clot before I wouldn't be nervous. Anyway, the box Empower is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Think I'll wait until Monday to start.

CoastWatcher

If I would have never had a blood clot before I wouldn't be nervous. Anyway, the box Empower is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Think I'll wait until Monday to start.
I’d start the morning after your medications arrive. Don’t delay your recovery from hypogonadism any longer than you already have...and don’t let your anxiety dictate how you’re going to live your life.

TDCNINJA

I’d start the morning after your medications arrive. Don’t delay your recovery from hypogonadism any longer than you already have...and don’t let your anxiety dictate how you’re going to live your life.

Will do. Looks like a delay from UPS. They will be here tomorrow.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me