Irregular libido and night sweats

Buy Lab Tests Online
This place is largely numbers and labs based, the talk such as we have going on here just isn't worth much when you can't see what's going on with a guy and his labs. It get's to be rather pointless without labs to see.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I am not going to do daily injections. That defeats the purpose of using IM testosterone. What I need to know are the data points that are not part of my blood tests. Right now, I am just shooting in the dark. I do not feel horrible or experience night sweats every day, nor do I experience low libido every day. It is a periodic thing; however, when it occurs, the problem can last a week or more.

Injecting daily has more to do with feeling amazing, if that's what I have to do to feel good, that's what I'm going to do, whatever is necessary. So if you are unwilling to do what's in your best interest based on your SHBG level, then you may never feel your best as you will always struggle with estrogen problems.

I offered your best chance to mitigate estrogen sides by feeding your aromatase enzymes less testosterone to convert to estrogen. I have never heard of an endo refusal to prescribe injectable testosterone, perhaps they have little confidence in their ability to direct your TRT protocol and are fearful.

You may always have high estrogen sides on tropicals, you can have great control over your levels by injecting daily and that's the purpose to injecting daily.

I decided to turn TRT treatment over to a local, well-respected urologist who specializes in male sexual health from my endocrinologist. He looked at my labs and said that my endocrinologist was doing the bare minimum she needed to do with respect to treatment and that my valley was too low (I get my blood drawn before I apply topical solution). We discussed treatment options, and I decided to go on pellets. I understand that pellets get a bad rap for being a cash cow for urologists, but my doctor appears to be above the board. My insurance plan only covers 6 Testopel pellets. My urologist wrote and faxed a script to a compounding pharmacy for the remaining pellets that he will insert. I paid the pharmacy directly. They are shipping the compounded pellets to me. I was hesitant to use a compound product, but he assured me that he routinely uses them with his patients. The price difference between Testopel and compounded pellets is ridiculous, but my insurance plan does not cover compounded pellets. I am starting out with 10 pellets. Hopefully, that dosage does not take me too high.

I offered your best chance to mitigate estrogen sides by feeding your aromatase enzymes less testosterone to convert to estrogen. I have never heard of an endo refusal to prescribe injectable testosterone, perhaps they have little confidence in their ability to direct your TRT protocol and are fearful.

She does not want to be in the business of managing TRT protocols. Her specialties are thyroid and diabetes. She is primarily my diabetes doctor. TRT came in response to me hot flashing in her office one day several years ago. TRT was about alleviating low-T symptoms, not optimizing how I felt. I decided to see a urologist about the libido and PDE5i effectiveness problems back in January. I had a followup appointment last week. To my surprise, he had pulled the test results that my endocrinologist requested from LabCorp. It was a little scary that he could do that without written consent, but I was glad that he did it because he got to see several blood draws without me having to undergo another one. I decided to turn TRT over to him because he would be the one to treat TRT-related urological problems.

Systemlord

Low SHBG and T pellets is a recipe for disaster, you'll be begging your doctor to rip out the pellets in no time at all! Low SHBG men need to keep our levels in a very narrow mid normal range to avoid symptoms, pellets will cause levels to either by very high in the beginning and low months later.

Everyone who has ever been on pellets can tell you what a rollercoaster it was for them, in fact another member on another forum just created a thread after spending 5 years on a constant T pellet induced rollercoaster ride.

AJA_24_3_360fig0.jpeg

Last edited:
There are a lot of guys who do injections that have experienced a rollercoaster ride. Every person is different; therefore, every protocol is different. I am not doing daily injections, period, end of story. I would rather suffer low-T symptoms. I am no stranger to daily injections. I was on injectable medication for diabetes for a couple of years. I hated having to carry perishable medication, needles, alcohol wipes, a glucometer, and a Sharps container when I traveled (if you are not using a Sharps container, you are being very irresponsible). I was never as happy as the day that I could go back to using oral diabetes meds.

If all a guy is doing is injecting testosterone and maybe HCG on a daily basis, that is one thing. I manage several prescriptions in addition to testosterone on a daily basis. I am trying to keep things simple. If I do not find a way to make the pellets work, I am done. I brought the fact that I am low SHBG to the attention of my urologist when we were discussing options. Going on pellets was my decision. He said that he has several diabetics are who low-SHBG guys on pellets. Treating a diabetic who is low SHBG is different than treating a non-diabetic low SHBG guy.

By the way, I paid attention to what Nelson mentioned about bloating and excessive water retention also being related to salt and alcohol intake. I started to seriously watch my salt intake, completely cut out alcohol, and the bloating disappeared. It was like someone stuck a pin in me.

Last edited:
Low SHBG and T pellets is a recipe for disaster, you'll be begging your doctor to rip out the pellets in no time at all! Low SHBG men need to keep our levels in a very narrow mid normal range to avoid symptoms, pellets will cause levels to either by very high in the beginning and low months later.

Everyone who has ever been on pellets can tell you what a rollercoaster it was for them, in fact another member on another forum just created a thread after spending 5 years on a constant T pellet induced rollercoaster ride.

View attachment 7140
You can't help some of these guys.

joshmaximus

You're right, the E drops over night and you shed that water weight. When you'r emonitoring your E2 using the LC/MS/MS test I recommend for the low SHBG guy to monitor "Estradiol, Free", and you alluded to that there with Free E2. It can be an eye opener. So far I'm doing the best I ahve been with my E2 LC/MS/MS in the single digits but my Free E, even in the trough is about mid-range.
Vince, if my shbg is 35 would u measure free e2 if u were me? I do an eod protocol. My sensitive e2 is 36 on .125mg of anastrozole twice a week.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me