Impact of antioxidant treatment on DNA fragmentation index: a doubleblind placebo-controlled randomized trial 1

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
In conclusion, in this double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study, we did not find any improvement in either sperm DNA fragmentation or standard semen parameters, after six months of combined antioxidant treatment of men with normal levels of reproductive hormones and high DFI. The outcome of use of antioxidants in other subgroups of subfertile men needs to be tested in future studies to provide scientific evidence for what by some clinicians is considered to be a useful treatment.

Attachments

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

I read the list of supplements/anti-oxidants they used.
Doesn't seem like the quantity/dosage of those selected would produce much of anything.
What were your thoughts Madman??

madman

Super Moderator
Definitely when you look at the dosages used overall they seem subpar!

As we know when using supplements there is a certain dose/potency which is needed to achieve positive benefits.

Study design

The study was designed as a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Patients selected for the study were randomized for antioxidant treatment with a commercial fertility supplement containing vitamins (vitamin C 30 mg, vitamin E 5 mg and vitamin B12 0.5 ug), antioxidants (l-carnitine 750 mg, coenzyme Q10 10 mg and folic acid 100 ug) and oligoelements (zinc 5 mg and selenium 25 ug) with maltodextrin, calcium carbonate, citric acid, steviol glycoside, flavours, beta-carotene and silicon dioxide.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me