I am always hot: Is this a high estradiol symptom?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Is being hot or even sweaty in bed at night. With my heat set at 61(!) degrees and one of three vents in my bedroom closed, I still need a ceiling fan on high speed and then in the latter half of the night it's totally opposite...body is cold.

22mg/D Cyp
.25mg EOD (LC/MS/MS = 42) (Free Estrogen 0.91: range < or = 0.45)(Estradiol Standard: 35 range < = 29) **all taken in the same blood draw**

Trying DIM @ 200mg and CDG @ 500mg once per day but it's not helping. Also cut Cyp from 28 > 22mg day.

With low SHBG my Free T is way over range almost astronomically (439.2; 35-155)...I think it's the "Free Estrogen" that is the problem.

Keywords: blood pressure, heart rate, blood vessel, heat intolerance, weight loss blood sugar levels excessive sweating, overactive thyroid, feeling hot all the time, feel hot, body heat

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Just want to clarify how much testosterone you're taking. 28mg/ day would equal 196mg/ week. You said you dropped it down to 22mg/ day, which would now equal 154mg/ week. However, you put that you are dosing 0.25mg EOD, which I assume you mean you are injecting 0.25 of an ML of your testosterone cypionate, which comes 200mg/ ml. So 0.25 of an ml would equal 50mg of testosterone. If you're injecting that much EOD, that would equal 187.5mg/ week.

Regardless of what dose you're currently on, the answer seems obvious. If your free testosterone is way above the normal range, just drop your testosterone dosage down. Your E2 level isn't too too high. So dropping your testosterone dosage down a bit should bring your E2 down into a healthy range.

Last edited:
Your math is incorrect by a few places but that's exactly what I've done in lieu of more Anastrozole, cut the Cyp a bit and see if the Free T comes down because we know that low SHBG = high Free T which should also translate to high Free Estrogen (Dr Crisler has some information on this) but it's not a widely known or accepted theory that the low SHBG guy made need to be closer to 20 on the LC/MS/MS scale. In fact there's a line of thought that in the low SHBG guy E may need to mirror the SHBG factor. Also a piece from Dr Crisler that some of his low SHBG guys can tolerate very little E.

28mg * 7 = 196mg (scripted by Dr Saya)
22mg * 7 = 154mg

Also note I'm not using DHEA or really anything else that could aromatase, I've gone as far as being on Cypionate ONLY and still aromatase at a high rate.

Saul

You know way more about all of this than me so I can not give advice or offer up anything you don't already know. Question though, given your Free T is off the charts, you are having symptoms, and your free estrogen is high, what is your rational for not dropping your dose by a good bit, maybe to 90 or 100 per week? I have read though that Low T can cause night sweats so it is confusing.

Gman86

Haha thanks Vince. I corrected the math. Have no idea how I messsed that up. I obv used a calculator and still got it wrong lol.

You know way more about all of this than me so I can not give advice or offer up anything you don't already know. Question though, given your Free T is off the charts, you are having symptoms, and your free estrogen is high, what is your rational for not dropping your dose by a good bit, maybe to 90 or 100 per week? I have read though that Low T can cause night sweats so it is confusing.

small changes...no need to upset the entire landscape. IN the totality of a weeks time 42mg is significant.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hot flashes are actually caused most of the time by low estradiol but it could also be caused by supplements that contain niacin (B3), high progesterone, caffeine, hidden thyroid or anabolic ingredients in supplements, hyperthyrodism, infections and other causes.

Why don't you stop the AI and DIM and see?

Any possibility for your body to be exposed to any of the other factors?

Low Estradiol Increases Hot Flashes and Sweating in Men with Low Testosterone

Progesterone never tested, caffeine 200mg in my pre-workout but that is 1030AM and is my only/last caffeine of the day.

Thyroid labs have repeatedly not had anything glaring there, FT3 is above 50% lab range, FT4 is on the lower side on the range, no indication of pooling. TSH has moved up from 1.5 to 2.5 recently though but Defy has not been concerned with anything in the Thyroid arena. I am supplementing 1 drop of 15% Lugols each AM along with 200mcg Selenium AM.

No Niacin...I had one experience with that and threw out the bottle as the flush was very distressing to me.

I did at one time take your ratio very seriously, the 14-20 but my E was so high and I was so aggressive and volatile that I couldn't function very well, I was in fight mode almost constantly. Im much better in that regard where I am now, 42 LC/MS/MS.

Yes this has been ongoing for quite sometime, years that I can think of, hasn't abated even when I altered Cyp dosing to EOD (50mg) and then daily inj. The real thing that helped me was the anastrozole, I don't want to but will if I have to, up the dose from .25mg EOD.

Hot flashes are actually caused most of the time by low estradiol but it could also be caused by supplements that contain niacin (B3), high progesterone, caffeine, hidden thyroid or anabolic ingredients in supplements, hyperthyrodism, infections and other causes.

Why don't you stop the AI and DIM and see?

Any possibility for your body to be exposed to any of the other factors?

Low Estradiol Increases Hot Flashes and Sweating in Men with Low Testosterone

Last time I was on no AI I was pulling 50/60 as high as 88 sensitive and I was a real...SOB to be around, angry/aggressive, was not a good place to be. I dont remember my T dose specifically at that moment but was at least 50mg EOD if not 28mg Daily and that e conversion was with no HCG, no DHEA, No preg...I was running solo on Cypionate.

buggies100

For what it is worth, if my bedroom is warmer than 58 I will wake up hot 2-4 hours after falling asleep. I eat popsicles or ice cream when it is middle of winter. Been that way almlong as i can remember, way before trt.

Ive considered a programmable thermostat, lowering it to 59 or 60 when I go to be but then it's pretty cold when I get up and I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum...cold.

buggies100

True, getting up to pee in the middle of the night is a bit uncomfortable!!! Also my wife is not so happy as her nose gets all stopped up and a sore throat. SO for the most part I have accepted that I will always be hot at night and most likely not sleep the way thru. Kinda stinks.

Ive considered a programmable thermostat, lowering it to 59 or 60 when I go to be but then it's pretty cold when I get up and I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum...cold.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am also usually hot. I sleep with AC and a fan and suffer through Houston summers. I hate dressing up because of this issue (love shorts and T-shirts). I run almost one degree higher in body temperature. But at least I know it is hard for me to gain fat at this higher temperature.

I have read some data that show that TRT can increase thyroid uptake in many guys. That may be the reason why some of us may be hot due to a higher body thermostat setting caused by this increased uptake.

When I monitor my body temp, I have a very long history of running on the cool side at least 1 degree under 98.6. When I had the flu last week I barely broke 99.

This was my latest set of Thyroid labs, I didn't run Reverse or antibodies because that's already been investigated and been a deadend. This was when my TSH shot up over ~1.5 as it has been, it went to ~2.5 and now 3.15, but this is with the Lugols and Selenium that I'm not sure are driving TSH. My FT3 is very good:

TSH 3.15 .40-4.50
FT4 1.1 .8-1.8
FT3 3.9 2.3-4.2

Sean Mosher

From what I've read from the Iodine docs it can take 3-6 months after starting Iodine (until you reach peak saturation) before your TSH returns to normal.
I'm assuming you've been using Lugol's longer than that correct?

From what I've read from the Iodine docs it can take 3-6 months after starting Iodine (until you reach peak saturation) before your TSH returns to normal.
I'm assuming you've been using Lugol's longer than that correct?

Little over 3 months now, started 21 Nov.

"[FONT=&quot]Each vertical drop is about 6.25 mg's of iodine and iodide - 2.5 mg iodine and 3.75 mg iodide"[/FONT]

buggies100

Same here on body temp. I Run below 98 always unless sick
brent

When I monitor my body temp, I have a very long history of running on the cool side at least 1 degree under 98.6. When I had the flu last week I barely broke 99.

This was my latest set of Thyroid labs, I didn't run Reverse or antibodies because that's already been investigated and been a deadend. This was when my TSH shot up over ~1.5 as it has been, it went to ~2.5 and now 3.15, but this is with the Lugols and Selenium that I'm not sure are driving TSH. My FT3 is very good:

TSH 3.15 .40-4.50
FT4 1.1 .8-1.8
FT3 3.9 2.3-4.2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com