How will DHEA supplementation effect me?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I tried it for a while, can't remember if it was 25 or 50, but I had E2 issues so I stopped, but I always have E2 problems, it made them worse, been thinking about trying again at 25.

Vince

Super Moderator
I tried it for a while, can't remember if it was 25 or 50, but I had E2 issues so I stopped, but I always have E2 problems, it made them worse, been thinking about trying again at 25.
Some men just can't supplement with DHEA, it's not worth all the issues. For me it does raise my estrogen levels, something I need and now that I take it at night it really makes a difference in my sleep.

My wife just corrected me on the DHEA we took. We did take the ZHOU 50 mg for about 6 weeks before taking the Douglas Labs 25 mg we are on now for about 11 weeks.

Your wife also takes 25mg of DHEA? I heard DHEA in women works great because it converts to testosterone so they get a bump in test numbers but you need to be careful with dose for them. I heard women usually only need 5 to 10mg. Did your wife feel a positive difference? Did she have labs done to see before and after lab numbers? I ask because I wanted my wife to try a small dose since I've seen how DHEA has helped me.

Vince

Super Moderator
Your wife also takes 25mg of DHEA? I heard DHEA in women works great because it converts to testosterone so they get a bump in test numbers but you need to be careful with dose for them. I heard women usually only need 5 to 10mg. Did your wife feel a positive difference? Did she have labs done to see before and after lab numbers? I ask because I wanted my wife to try a small dose since I've seen how DHEA has helped me.
My wife supplements with 10 mg of DHEA right before bed. She's never had her hormones checked but her libido is excellent.

M

MarkM

Wrench, just asked my wife and she was taking 10 mg and has now dropped down to 5 mg per day which she takes a night. She has not had labs done and she really can't tell any difference but she's never had a libido problem.

KenLowT

Whatever the DHEA does has been really good for me. I feel better on it for whatever reason. My DHEA was extremely low at 45 so anything above that would be an improvement.

Jon H

I was prescribed DHEA through Empower. It did nothing good for me, and I experienced very negative side effects. I had symptoms of very high estrogen, even though my labs didn't seem too high at the time. Very anxious, moody, and quickly developed a case of gynecomastia. Funny enough, anastrozole didn't seem correct those symptoms unless I made estrogen plummet, which is never a good idea.

For a few men it works okay. I'd simply suggest going in with your eyes wide open, and being very cautious. My gynecomastia developed so quickly, and it's never gone away. I'll need to get an operation if I want to get rid of it. If tons of guys were stepping forward, stating how DHEA is life-changing (for the better) like testosterone and hCG, it would be a simple risk worth taking, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I was prescribed DHEA through Empower. It did nothing good for me, and I experienced very negative side effects. I had symptoms of very high estrogen, even though my labs didn't seem too high at the time. Very anxious, moody, and quickly developed a case of gynecomastia. Funny enough, anastrozole didn't seem correct those symptoms unless I made estrogen plummet, which is never a good idea.

For a few men it works okay. I'd simply suggest going in with your eyes wide open, and being very cautious. My gynecomastia developed so quickly, and it's never gone away. I'll need to get an operation if I want to get rid of it. If tons of guys were stepping forward, stating how DHEA is life-changing (for the better) like testosterone and hCG, it would be a simple risk worth taking, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
maybe your dosage was too high? dhea topical from amazon worked completely different for me than dhea oral I got from defy.. Indeed dhea oral from defy does raise e2 which is not a bad thing if your levels are lowish (high e2 is better for your health than low e2 but everybody has their sweet spot in what e2 levels they can tolerate)

Kirk001

now that I take it at night it really makes a difference in my sleep.

Did it make you sleepy when you used to take it in the morning? Because like you I started out taking it in the morning and I figured if it made me sleepy I'd switch to taking it at night, but I didn't notice that happening so I've stuck with mornings.

Vince

Super Moderator
Did it make you sleepy when you used to take it in the morning? Because like you I started out taking it in the morning and I figured if it made me sleepy I'd switch to taking it at night, but I didn't notice that happening so I've stuck with mornings.
When I took it in the morning I did not notice DHEA making me sleepy. Before I started taking in the morning I stop supplementing with it for about 4 weeks. I don't know if it made much of a difference by stopping it but it definitely helps me sleep now.

Gianluca

I supplemented with DHEA after breakfast for over three and a half years and never felt anything, I just did it to keep my levels in a good range. Then after my labs in June I stopped using it, and thought I would try it at night. What a difference it made in my sleep for the first time in many years I'm sleeping good. Why did they wait so long to try it at night.

Vince at what time at night do you take your DHEA and what time do you fall at sleep?

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince at what time at night do you take your DHEA and what time do you fall at sleep?
Normally about an hour before I go to bed. If I'm running late I may at times take it right before I go to bed. Normally I fall a sleep pretty quickly, my main issue is staying asleep. Dhea has improved my sleep. I also noticed improving my thyroid levels has improved my sleep.

Gianluca

Normally about an hour before I go to bed. If I'm running late I may at times take it right before I go to bed. Normally I fall a sleep pretty quickly, my main issue is staying asleep. Dhea has improved my sleep. I also noticed improving my thyroid levels has improved my sleep.

I'll try that tonight

captain

I have been dosing at around 6mg 4 times a day if I can. I am getting better results than I was taking it 12mg twice a day. Erections are better and morning is like a rock. I am using the Empower Troches. I am waiting on labs to come back to see what changes if any from what I had twice a day dosing.

Last edited:

BillS

I may be one of those rare people who don't do well with DHEA. My doc had put me on it, 50mg/day I believe, to try and increase low testosterone (296). I was on it 5 months, and had significantly increased energy, with a modest increase in mental clarity and libido. After 5 months, at my yearly physical, we found that hemoglobin and hematacrit were elevated about 10% above the top of the normal range, and liver enzymes were over 50.. He ran additional tests to rule out various causes, and found that mitochondrial activity/antibodies was 21, above normal.

I did a lot of online research and found that DHEA can indeed increase both liver enzymes and mitochondrial activity, but my doc didn't believe that theory. At that point I stopped the DHEA...

He sent me to an gastroentinologist to try and figure it out, and that doc thought I may be developing PBC (basically liver chirrosis due to my immune system attacking my liver). But at least she was open to my theory, and thought it was plausible. We waited another month before running repeat labs to see what was going on (at this point I had been off DHEA for 2 months), and everything had gone back to the middle of the normal range, and mitochondrial antibodies were negative again.

While I did like the increased energy (likely due to the high mitochondrial activity), it didn't raise my testosterone much (330, within the margin of error of testing I am told).

Very strange...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching