How to Inject Testosterone Intramuscularly, Shallow IM or Subcutaneously ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

audiognostic

Click here to watch videos on how to inject testosterone intramuscularly or subcutaneously

More information on subcutaneous testosterone injections:

Subcutaneous Testosterone Injections Are Effective for TRT - ExcelMale

Shallow IM testosterone injection on delt using a 27 gauge 1/2 inch insulin syringe:

deltoid injection.jpg

injection sites for testosterone.jpg

injections-1.jpg

where to inject.jpg

testosterone injection sites excelmale.jpg

You should always use insulin syringes. Regular syringes with screw on needles have what's called a dead space where a significant amount of your testosterone is lost and wasted each time you inject.
dead space syringes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Are there any more videos that go into more detail how exactly to inject? like angle of the needle?

Answer:
90 degree angle into muscle. You can also inject under the skin if you pinch the fat layer on your abs. Subcutaneous Administration of Testosterone

How about the term "aspirate".. i heard you need to aspirate before you inject to make sure you're not in a vein, but i don't see Nelson aspirating in this video, he just injects it right away..

Answer:
I have never aspirated, especially using a 1/2 inch needle on delts. I have never had a severe cough episode (I had 4 in 20 years while injecting on glutes with a 1-inch needle back in the days- I never aspirated then either). This is why people think they need to aspirate:
Rate of Anaphylaxis Associated with Intramuscular Testosterone Injections - See more at:
Endocrine Press | Endocrine Society

"Pulmonary Oil Microembolism (POME) and Anaphylaxis in Controlled Clinical Studies

Adverse events attributable to pulmonary oil microembolism and anaphylaxis were reported in a small number of patients in controlled clinical trials. In the 84-week clinical trial of Aveed, 1 patient experienced a mild coughing fit lasting 10 minutes after his third injection, which was retrospectively attributed to POME. In another clinical trial of intramuscular testosterone undecanoate (1000 mg), a hypogonadal male patient experienced the urge to cough and respiratory distress at 1 minute after his tenth injection, which was also retrospectively attributed to POME.
During a review that involved adjudication of all cases meeting specific criteria, 9 POME events in 8 patients and 2 events of anaphylaxis among 3,556 patients treated with intramuscular testosterone undecanoate in 18 clinical trials were judged to have occurred."

Also, what happens if your deltoids are not as large or developed as Nelson and you are using the half inch needle, I don't really have muscular deltoids, will the half-inch needle still be ok? is there a certain angle or position I should be doing it at?

Answer:
You can inject using 1/2 inch needle on quads or even glutes at 90 degrees.
Article: Videos: Injecting testosterone and HCG

Also, my testosterone vial is 250mg test cyp/ ml x 10ml.., my syringes/needles are 27 gauge 1ml/cc 1/2inch.. if I want to inject 50mg per injection, how much do I fill it up?? I would assume 20/100 units right? since 1/5 of 1ml is 250..

250/10 units= 20 units for 50 mg (.2 cc)

also, I never used a needle/injection before, I tried to just draw up some water with the needle, these are needles from one of Vergel's recommended sites here on the forum, I notice that no matter what I do, there is a tiny air bubble right at the top towards the rubber stopper.. isn't this really bad? like if you inject any air it will kill you or mess up your injection site at the least or something?

Answer:
Nah. No worries. You would have to inject large quantities of air for it to be a problem.

Testosterone volume drawn in 1 minute with different needle gauge sizes

Here are some pictures to help you. Click on them to enlarge:

testosterone injection methods.jpg

testosterone injection sites.jpg

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

StuD

Interesting, I cannot load my syringe with 25G x 5/8 test cyp in grapeseed oil, far too viscous. Maybe need to warm significantly above room temperature?

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting, I cannot load my syringe with 25G x 5/8 test cyp in grapeseed oil, far too viscous. Maybe need to warm significantly above room temperature?

Doesn't make any sense, how are you filling the syringe with air and injecting the air into the vial. You need some pressure inside the vial to draw out the testosterone.

M

MarkM

Yes that is interesting.........I am drawing from 28g and 29g and my testosterone is in cottonseed oil, which is quite a bit thicker than grapeseed oil.

Like Vince said, you must inject air into the vial.

Omar

is everybody switching over to SC twice a week now? im still once a week IM with a 1" 23 gauge

Last edited:
M

MarkM

is everybody switching over to SC twice a week now? im still once a week IM with a 1" 23 gauge
I do think more people go SubQ now than in the past. I inject twice weekly IM with 28g 1/2" needle in the deltoid or VG. That's a pretty good size needle and you could go with a smaller one unless you have a large amount of body fat. Do you have high SHBG which makes one inject per week a better protocol for you?

Omar

I do think more people go SubQ now than in the past. I inject twice weekly IM with 28g 1/2" needle in the deltoid or VG. That's a pretty good size needle and you could go with a smaller one unless you have a large amount of body fat. Do you have high SHBG which makes one inject per week a better protocol for you?
i wish i did delt injections way sooner ive been doing quad injections for the last 2 yrs. swithched to delts 4 weeks ago. im not to sure about my SHBG what would it be on labs? would it say SHBG or something else? ive looked for that on my labs & didnt see SHBG

Omar

What are the details of your protocol? What are the factors that went into its design?
my protocol is very simple 200mg test cyp once a week 1mg anastrozole twice a week (day after injection & 2nd day after injection) cabergoline .5mg twice a week (just started 5 weeks ago)
i was on 3mg anastozole finasteride 5mg ED 500IU hcg ED then switched 3x per week sermoreline 25 IU ED

ricc

I was having soreness for several days after injecting, so I tried switching the order and drawing HCG first and t cyp after and i have no soreness anymore. I read that oil based IM injections cause some muscle damage so I guess the water base HCG spreads the cypionate into the muscle and prevents it from accumulating. Does anybody see any problem with this?

Hello all!
Just FYI, the illustration showing the location of the "vastus lateralis" is incorrect. That diagram, as shown in this thread, is of the "rectus femoris" and just underneath that, the "vastus intermedius".

The "vastus lateralis" is located on the outside of your thigh, not the front. (as shown in the photo)

The "rectus femoris" and "vastus intermedius" overlie the femoral artery, and a deep injection in a smaller thigh has the potential for serious injury.

vastus lateralis.jpg

QUADRICEPS+FEMORIS+1.+Rectus+Femoris+2.+Vastus+lateralis.jpg

femoral_artery.jpg

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com