670.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 5680-Article Text-29391-1-10-20191129.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Study shows patients have a positive perception of testosterone nasal gel

Urologists and patients may have preconceived notions when it comes to acceptance and usability of various replacement testosterone therapies (TTh). We make assumptions that men will prefer a needle over a patch or a topical gel over a nasal gel. When Natesto® testosterone nasal gel (TNG) was introduced in Canada, we all weren’t too sure how it would be accepted. We presumed that nasal administration and twice daily (bid) to three times daily (tid) dosing would either be a big deal, leading to resistance by patients or no big deal, leading to widespread adoption. The truth is, beyond anecdote, we haven’t really examined patient preference of TNG vs. topical TTh. The My-T study in this month’s issue of CUAJ sheds some light on this subject in both novice and experienced users of replacement TTh.

What is interesting in this study is that patients, the majority of whom were prior testosterone users (experienced), perceived TNG to be more effective and convenient despite the more frequent dosing schedule than the available alternatives. Patient compliance to treatment is an issue that plagues clinical care. The concern that bid or tid dosing will lead to patient dissatisfaction was not demonstrated in this study. In fact, this study sheds positive light on TNG from the practical viewpoint of the patient. It would be interesting to see if this translates into a change in prescribing patterns by both urologists and primary care providers at large.

Attachments

• DEC5-NATESTO-delosreyes2019.pdf
    421 KB · Views: 126
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com