High reverse t3 raises shbg?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vvs1

I'm always on the higher side of the shbg range, and my reverse t3 is usually high.

I'm wondering if its possible that reverse t3 hormones could raise shbg as the active thyroid do?

Can anyone confirm/disagree this based on their labs?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
What are your levels for reverse T3 and shbg.

I agree with Systemlord, reverse T3 tells you that you're pooling your free T3.

Ardoc2

I have very low SHBG and frequently have high rT3. It appears my rT3 rises significantly anytime I eat Keto or restrict calories for a period of time.

Gman86

I have very low SHBG and frequently have high rT3. It appears my rT3 rises significantly anytime I eat Keto or restrict calories for a period of time.

That would make sense from a physiologic perspective. If you were in a period of calorie restriction, the last thing your body would want is for your metabolism to be ramped up, or even at your baseline. I would imagine it would want to slow metabolism, so you don’t starve to death. One method the body uses to do this is to increase RT3, and block T3’s effects at the receptor level.

Ardoc2

Agreed. It looks like others have found this as well but it seems that I react quickly and significantly to diet "stresses"? More than anything, I just wanted the OP to know that my experience was completely the opposite of what he was speculating about.

Vvs1

Thanks for the responses. My reverse t3 was at 30. I didn't have shbg checked at the time, but has been anywhere from 37-87, and most of the time it's at 50ish.

I'm just brainstorming if thyroid can raise shbg, what excludes reverse t3 and t4 from the equation?

I'll see if i can find health studies.

Gman86

Men on TRT need to be carefull takeing t3 only in largr amounts to lower RT3 it can make Estradiol and SHBG go up very high.

Read this link

http://www.tiredthyroid.com/rt3.html

pmgamer18

Interesting. I didn’t know thyroid medication could increase estradiol. I knew it could increase SHBG, and found out myself that this is definitely true. On 2.5 grains of NDT my SHBG went up from 44 to 63. Didn’t realize E2 could of been elevated more than usual as well.

Vtail

Men on TRT need to be carefull takeing t3 only in largr amounts to lower RT3 it can make Estradiol and SHBG go up very high.

For T3 only treatment, what would you consider to be a "larger amount" of T3?
I've been taking 40 mcg of T3 for 2 months (extended release from Empower), and my Estradiol went down slightly, and SHBG remained within its typical range for me.
However after reading various articles posted here on the risks of T3 only treatment, and although I don't feel as though I have any of the potential sides of T3 only treatment, I think I will have a conversation with my doc about adding in some T4. In my latest set of labs my T4 was 0.8 [.82 - 1.77] and T3 was over 7 [2.0 - 4.4] with RT3 at 9 [9.2 - 24].
My doc also tells me to take the T3 a few hours before drawing blood, so I assume the high T3 level would be my daily peak.

pmgamer18

I am told not to take thyroid meds before doing my labs in the morning. I take 150 mcgs. of synthroid at 3 to 5 am when I get up to go to the bathroom along with 2 5mcgs of T3. Then when I get up I take 5 mcgs when I eat then 5 mcgs more at 3 pm. for a total of 20 mcgs. / day.

pmgamer18

MarcoFL

I am told not to take thyroid meds before doing my labs in the morning. I take 150 mcgs. of synthroid at 3 to 5 am when I get up to go to the bathroom along with 2 5mcgs of T3. Then when I get up I take 5 mcgs when I eat then 5 mcgs more at 3 pm. for a total of 20 mcgs. / day.

pmgamer18
Good morning PM. just curious do you know what your RT3 runs with that much Synthroid? do you have a complete set of thyroid labs?

captain

SHBG decreases with high levels of insulin, growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), androgens, prolactin and transcortin. High estrogen and thyroxine levels cause it to increase.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me