HCG Questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkyWarn

I hoping to begin HCG soon. Been on T for 8 years. I have testicular atrophy, trouble with erections and defiantly a loss of sensitivity in the penis.
When beginning HCT what can I expect? How long to restore testicle size?
Also, since HCG will increase T does that mean I will need to cut my dose of T?
Does HCG raise hematocrit?
Thank you

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

HCG has the stubborn tendency to rise estradiol Since this happens in the testicles - HCG's effect on e2 is testicular, not the result of aromatase, it can resist efforts to control it with an AI. It should have no impact on the amount of testosterone you're using in your protocol. Is e2 control a current issue?

How much was prescribed, and how often? Everyone responds to HCG in a unique way and your mileage will likely vary.

There are excellent sticky posts on HCG in that folder that you should spend some time with.

SkyWarn

HCG has the stubborn tendency to rise estradiol Since this happens in the testicles - HCG's effect on e2 is testicular, not the result of aromatase, it can resist efforts to control it with an AI. It should have no impact on the amount of testosterone you're using in your protocol. Is e2 control a current issue?

How much was prescribed, and how often? Everyone responds to HCG in a unique way and your mileage will likely vary.

There are excellent sticky posts on HCG in that folder that you should spend some time with.

Thank you. My E2 was 43 last test and I doubt he did a sensitive test. Total T 580 and I pin 45mg every 4 days which is about 80mg weekly. I am seeing a new doc to ask for HCG so I don't have that yet. My current doc only tests E2, total T and HCT thats it. That is part of the reason I am dumping him

Gman86

Whether HCG increases T or not is dependent on the individual, and the brand of HCG. For instance, on Pregnyl HCG, 1000iu’s per week added around 600 points to my total T. While on the same dose of compounded HCG from Empower, my total T is unaffected, as far as I can tell. My leydig cells either stopped responding to HCG, or Empower’s HCG just doesn’t add anything to my total T number. I’ve tried 2 other brands of HCG from compounding pharmacies, and they both raised my total T extremely poorly, compared to Pregnyl. They both also added different amounts to my total T, so there was no consistency between them, while on the same dose. So in my experience, brand matters.

I have a lot of respect for Coastwatcher, but to say 100% that total T is going to be unaffected by HCG is just not accurate. On HCG monotherapy, my LH and FSH were zero, and my total T was 1200. So obviously HCG can raise total T.

It should have no effect on HCT. HCT will only raise if total/ free T raises.

Last edited:

SkyWarn

Whether HCG increases T or not is dependent on the individual, and the brand of HCG. For instance, on Pregnyl HCG, 1000iu’s per week added around 600 points to my total T. While on the same dose of compounded HCG from Empower, my total T is unaffected, as far as I can tell. My leydig cells either stopped responding to HCG, or Empower’s HCG just doesn’t add anything to my total T number.

If HCG boosts someone T 500 or 600 points, and thats abnormally high do doctor typically lower the dose of T to bring the numbers back in line?

Gman86

If HCG boosts someone T 500 or 600 points, and thats abnormally high do doctor typically lower the dose of T to bring the numbers back in line?

Usually only if the person is having side effects from the high level of T. They will either lower T, or lower HCG dose. In my case, it depended on what I wanted to do. Every doctor is different.

CoastWatcher

Whether HCG increases T or not is dependent on the individual, and the brand of HCG. For instance, on Pregnyl HCG, 1000iu’s per week added around 600 points to my total T. While on the same dose of compounded HCG from Empower, my total T is unaffected, as far as I can tell. My leydig cells either stopped responding to HCG, or Empower’s HCG just doesn’t add anything to my total T number. I’ve tried 2 other brands of HCG from compounding pharmacies, and they both raised my total T extremely poorly, compared to Pregnyl. They both also added different amounts to my total T, so there was no consistency between them, while on the same dose. So in my experience, brand matters.

I have a lot of respect for Coastwatcher, but to say 100% that total T is going to be unaffected by HCG is just not accurate. On HCG monotherapy, my LH and FSH were zero, and my total T was 1200. So obviously HCG can raise total T.

Thank you for the kind words. I am fascinated by your account. What were the details of the regimen that saw your total testosterone leap to such an extent? The HCG regimen and the overall protocol that it played a part of.

Gman86

Thank you for the kind words. I am fascinated by your account. What were the details of the regimen that saw your total testosterone leap to such an extent? The HCG regimen and the overall protocol that it played a part of.

Man, glad you didn’t take what I said the wrong way. Have even more respect for you now. Imagine contradicting Jay or dr Nichols like that? They would have a full blown tantrum.

When my total T was 1200, I was on HCG mono at 2000iu’s/ week of Pregnyl. I had blood work on the same protocol 2 months afterwards, and total came back around 1200 again, so it wasn’t a lab error or anything. Had labs drawn 2 months after again, but on 1000iu’s of Pregnyl HCG, and total came back at around 600.

When Pregnyl added around 600 points to my total T, I was on 100mg/ week of test and 1000iu’s/ week of Pregnyl HCG. My total T came back at 1855. I’ve always done EOD injections with every protocol. I always get labs done the morning of my injection day, prior to my injections. I don’t think my total was this high due to having endogenous production still. I was on this protocol for a little over 2 months when I had the labs drawn. The only way my total could of gotten that high was from the added boost of T from the Pregnyl. That’s at least the best explanation I’ve been able to come up with to date.

I must be very secondary, because on clomid 50mg/ day, my total came back at 1535. So it was so weird to me when I started HCG from Empower, and it didn’t add any additional points to my total T. I’m not sure if my testicles just don’t respond like they used to, or if it’s the HCG that’s not doing it’s job.

Last edited:

SkyWarn

"It should have no effect on HCT. HCT will only raise if total/ free T raises."

But then why don't teens or young men with naturally high T also have hematocrit?

Gman86

"It should have no effect on HCT. HCT will only raise if total/ free T raises."

But then why don't teens or young men with naturally high T also have hematocrit?

Most teens probably have HCT levels on the high end. Just like most guys on TRT will have HCT levels on the high end. Most of the men on TRT that have too high HCT levels, have testosterone levels higher than most teens would ever have naturally. The other factor to take into consideration is that we metabolize hormones differently as we get older. For instance, older men tend to metabolize testosterone into estrogen at a higher rate than young males.

Not changing the subject matter on this thread!
But your mentioning of Pregnyl that I used and worked very well for me has been taken out of the Europian market. I wounder why grrrr

Gman86

Not changing the subject matter on this thread!
But your mentioning of Pregnyl that I used and worked very well for me has been taken out of the Europian market. I wounder why grrrr

Unfortunately, I hear that the manufacturers of Pregnyl discontinued making it. It’s the reason I git off of it. It was becoming hard to get, and I figured it was just going to get worse if it truly was discontinued.

Vince

Super Moderator
I hoping to begin HCG soon. Been on T for 8 years. I have testicular atrophy, trouble with erections and defiantly a loss of sensitivity in the penis.
When beginning HCT what can I expect? How long to restore testicle size?
Also, since HCG will increase T does that mean I will need to cut my dose of T?
Does HCG raise hematocrit?
Thank you
It usually takes two to three weeks for HCG to work. I inject 500 IU of HCG twice a week and I'm very happy with the results. HCG can increase estrogen by 10 to 20% but it is different for everyone. You think you should try it.

SkyWarn

It usually takes two to three weeks for HCG to work. I inject 500 IU of HCG twice a week and I'm very happy with the results. HCG can increase estrogen by 10 to 20% but it is different for everyone. You think you should try it.

Yes finally seeing a doc who prescribes it this week. Hoping to start right away unless he needs to wait for my labs.

SkyWarn

I also have noticed a big lack of ejaculate. Hardly anything comes out now. I have been on T for 8 years. Hoping the HCG will help with that too

Gman86

I've just bought a load of Pregnyl from a UK online site so there must be some stock left.

Haha good for you. That stuff is like gold! Was very sad when I heard it was discontinued. No HCG has ever worked like Pregnyl for me. Ive experienced a night and day difference between Pregnyl and compounded HCG, unfortunately.

SkyWarn

So this week I started HCG. Monday the doc gave me the first shot in the office to show me how its done. 25 units. This doctor actually carried HCG (compounded pharmacy I assume). I will be injecting 25units 2X weekly, Mondays and Thursdays. I did feel a little weird after the shot, like I had too much coffee. But it quickly passed. That evening I felt a strange sensation in my testicles, almost like a mild case of blue balls. I wonder if it could be working so soon.
The powder in the vial is all stuck in the bottom. When I shake the vial it doesn't move at all. Is this normal?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
HCG has the stubborn tendency to rise estradiol Since this happens in the testicles - HCG's effect on e2 is testicular, not the result of aromatase, it can resist efforts to control it with an AI. ...
Some clarifications on this: The estradiol is a result of aromatase—"Leydig cells have a high capacity for aromatization and ... hCG can acutely stimulate aromatization independently of stimulating testosterone synthesis in vitro."[1] The reason this estradiol production is resistant to AIs is due to the high concentration of intratesticular testosterone relative to serum levels, ~40 times greater.[2] My assumption is that it's not practical to make intratesticular AI concentrations high enough to counteract this.

CoastWatcher

Some clarifications on this: The estradiol is a result of aromatase—"Leydig cells have a high capacity for aromatization and ... hCG can acutely stimulate aromatization independently of stimulating testosterone synthesis in vitro."[1] The reason this estradiol production is resistant to AIs is due to the high concentration of intratesticular testosterone relative to serum levels, ~40 times greater.[2] My assumption is that it's not practical to make intratesticular AI concentrations high enough to counteract this.
Yes, my language was less than precise.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching