HCG Efficacy: Should We Measure 17-OH-progesterone to Titrate HCG Dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fernando Almaguer

It isn't. They do not read published literature. They are busy and they just copy other doctor's protocols. A layperson like me should not be needed to educate them, but here I am sounding like a broken record. I have been to several conferences and training sessions for physicians and it horrifies me how dogma is repeated there all the time without any regard to data available.
You my friend are not a lay person. with extended experience and research you are one of the experts helping us out there. Doctor's are yeah, I can imagine, super busy.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thank you Fernando. I appreciate it. They say an expert is anyone who has had 10,000 hours of experience or education on a specific subject. I have been reading articles, papers and comments from patients since 1993. I am not a clinician and don’t pretend to be one, and I admit than most clinicians cannot come up to speed in a field that provides CME credits from companies that have to stay “within FDA label” content. TRT is not rocket science but there are cases that require different approaches beyond the cookie cutter protocols that many clinics are using. And as patients demand lower prices for their treatment and monitoring, it is hard for clinicians to justify spending a lot of time with them

gerardo

I will be offering this blood test soon on www.DiscountedLabs.com

View attachment 2563

Fertil Steril. 2008 Feb; 89(2): 380–386.

Serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone strongly correlates with intratesticular testosterone in gonadotropin-suppressed normal men receiving various dosages of human chorionic gonadotropin

Setting:

Healthy volunteers in an academic research environment.

Patients:

Twenty-nine normal men.

Intervention:

We determined ITT concentration by testicular aspiration before and after treatment in men receiving exogenous testosterone to block endogenous gonadotropin production and randomly assigned to one of four doses of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) (0, 125 IU, 250 IU, 500 IU every other day) for 3 weeks.

Outcome measures:

The association between serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone, androstenedione and dihydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and ITT.

Results:

With testosterone administration alone, serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone decreased significantly and increased significantly when 500 IU hCG was administered. End-of-treatment ITT strongly correlated with serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone. Moreover, serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone, but not androstenedione or DHEA, was independently associated with end-of-treatment ITT by multivariate linear regression.

Conclusion:

Serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone is highly correlated with ITT in gonadotropin suppressed normal men receiving testosterone and stimulated with hCG. Serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone is a surrogate biomarker of ITT and may be useful in research and in men receiving gonadotropin therapy for infertility.

Keywords: intratesticular testosterone, 17-hydroxyprogesterone, male infertility, male contraception

Full Paper: Serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone strongly correlates with intratesticular testosterone in gonadotropin-suppressed normal men receiving various dosages of human chorionic gonadotropin
Hello Nelson. All right? To have cortisol you need to have progesterone. How does Trt lower progesterone consequently harm Cortisol? I've had adrenal fatigue and I'm very careful with Cortisol. The lack of it brings down anyone. Many symptoms that we think are lacking in some other hormone are often deficiency of cortisol. In your experience, how can we leave progesterone and cortisol at adequate levels?

Rickrogers

So I got my blood working done recently and as I’m running 125mgs of test e for trt. My bloodwork came back and my doctor said I’m fine but I looked at it myself and saw my progesterone was .5 nmol/L which I think seem extremely low but I want to ask and see what other’s thoughts on normal levels would be, I’m experiencing most side effects of low progesterone, mental fatigue/physical fatigue, crazy mood swings, insomnia, very irritable at times, on and off depression. I never felt these things last year and I have been on trt for the past 3 years now so I’d like to figure out a conclusion on what’s going on

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me