Good Total T but extremely high shbg (90 nmol/l)

Buy Lab Tests Online

robson200

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here and I really wanted to hear your thoughts on my recent blood work results. First and foremost, I am 22 and male and I have been weight training and tracking my food intake consequently for 2 years now. I rarely drink alcohol, don't smoke and overall lead a rather stress-free life. I've had low libido as long as I remembers (I masturbate regularly but I've never had any extreme desire in sex; although I find women attractive). Suboptimal sleep quality although I follow almost all tips to maximize it. (black curtains, no sound, no blue screens for at least an hour, good mattress etc.). I was just curious and finally decided to check some of the more commonly recommended values.

Here is an image of my blood work with reference ranges. It is in German but that should not matter at all.
This was 3 months ago. I tried taking 9mg boron and stinging nettle root and retested some values 2 weeks ago. I don't have an image right now but basically not much changed. Lh/FSH and prolactin are the same. I tested my liver values now, since a bad liver can influence shbg production, but my bilirubin/albumin and the liver enzymes are all very good.
SHBG is still at 87 nmol/l but my testosterone increased from 848 Ng/dl to 960. This of course increases my free testosterone to 11 Ng/dl (calculated) but it's very low for my age. Funnily the free T measurement by my lab shows my free T in the upper range now.

So my liver is fine, my thyroid is fine, I don't drink alcohol nor have any prior alcoholism experience. Why the fuck is my shbg so extremely high and what can I do about it since boron and stinging nettle root do not work?

No doctor will ever consider prescribing me trt with a TT of 960 lmao.

My current plan ( since last Saturday): 25mg proviron/day.

Any other ideas/suggestions??
Would love any help or maybe your own experiences with super high shbg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

YBWV

The situation of good all round health markers and high TT that is confounded by too high SHBG is one that faces a lot of (mostly) younger guys.

I note that you're in Europe and have started on a course of Proviron. Hopefully that will work well for you both in terms of increasing libido and lowering SHBG.
Did you have DHT measured - I couldn't see it on your Labs. Your other numbers would indicate that a value of around 90 ng/dl would be a good balance, though relief of symptoms is more important than numbers.

I'm sure you've read the reports and studies on Proviron (mesterolone) and the somewhat conflicting information as to how much it might suppresses the HPTA in monotherapy.

My own experience of Proviron (prescribed in London) monotherapy, used initially at 25mg and titrated up to 75mg is that it was very minimally supressive (of TT) but over time lowered SHBG leading to a significant increase in FT.

Perhaps the most notable effect was the lifting of mood - like Spring arrived early.
Good mood begets improved Libido.
Give the 25mg dosage time to work - the increasing DHT - rising dopamine - improving of function appears to be synergistic and doesn't necessarily happen overnight.

If the low dose isn't working, and your Doctor permits, you may need to slowly up the dose.
By the way Excelmale is U.S. based and DHT analogs are not licenced there.

robson200

Thanks for your response.

I did not measure dht.

I've started proviron last Saturday and my idea was to do it for 4 weeks (so 3 more) and then retest shbg and total T only; dont hink there is a need for other lab values but maybe I could add dht on top of it.

About libido: This might be placebo but I can feel a slightly stronger sexual desire just after a week.

Edit: And yes I did read that proviron might be minimally suppressive that's why I want to retest after 4 weeks of 25mg.

robson200

So I mentioned a new blood test in the first post and since I am home now, I will upload the new results. It does not have thyroid, but it does have liver enzymes at the top (all within ranges) and overall my values are not really different. Vitamin d is higher now and in the optimal range, that is definitely good. My total t increased to 960 ng/dl somehow, and the measured free T looks pretty good. But once again, I do not know whether I should trust calculated free T by using online calculators or the free T measurement. I have heard that a direct free t measurement is rather inaccurate.

bkb33

I am also a young (27) high-SHBG guy. If nothing you do ends up working, you can probably find a doctor to help optimize your hormones despite your high TT -- that should never be the determining factor.

However, your FT seems quite high. Mine was low-mid range, whereas yours is at the top of the range, and my SHBG and estradiol were both quite a bit higher. Your current plan sounds good. I would not consider TRT at this point.

Systemlord

I need Free T at the top of the ranges to feel good, midrange is no good. Your Free T isn't terrible and neither are your symptoms, that only means you are not optimal which is where your body functions at it's best.

Vvs1

My shbg has fluctuated. First ever shbg was 37, then upper 40s, low 50s, and finally about 87 something while on a vegan diet.

Your vitamin D is low, which will raise shbg. Nettle root-there are 2 kinds and you have to get the right formula I believe. Nettle root also decreases dht, which may raise shbg.

What I'm trying to figure out is what our natural total T would be at a normal shbg. I think that our total T numbers look good on paper, but it's artifically inflated by high shbg.

Systemlord

My shbg has fluctuated. First ever shbg was 37, then upper 40s, low 50s, and finally about 87 something while on a vegan diet.

Your vitamin D is low, which will raise shbg. Nettle root-there are 2 kinds and you have to get the right formula I believe. Nettle root also decreases dht, which may raise shbg.

What I'm trying to figure out is what our natural total T would be at a normal shbg. I think that our total T numbers look good on paper, but it's artifically inflated by high shbg.

My vitamin D was low when my T was low, went on TRT and vitamin D increased without supplementation or diet changes. I have seen it in other members as well when viewing their labs.

Vvs1

My vitamin D was low when my T was low, went on TRT and vitamin D increased without supplementation or diet changes. I have seen it in other members as well when viewing their labs.

Very interesting. Was your pre TRT labs similar to the poster? As in high shbg?

lazaroiu152

Thanks for your response.

I did not measure dht.

I've started proviron last Saturday and my idea was to do it for 4 weeks (so 3 more) and then retest shbg and total T only; dont hink there is a need for other lab values but maybe I could add dht on top of it.

About libido: This might be placebo but I can feel a slightly stronger sexual desire just after a week.

Edit: And yes I did read that proviron might be minimally suppressive that's why I want to retest after 4 weeks of 25mg.

hey how do you feel?
does proviron works?
I have 1500 tt and 88 shbg, will test tyroid next week, looking for solutions. THX

Gman86

hey how do you feel?
does proviron works?
I have 1500 tt and 88 shbg, will test tyroid next week, looking for solutions. THX

Looking for solutions to what? Your high SHBG, or solutions to unwanted symptoms that you’re having? Just curious what your reasoning is for looking into thyroid. I’m also looking into my thyroid, and have kind of high SHBG, so just wondering what your rationale is. Thanks.

lazaroiu152

Looking for solutions to what? Your high SHBG, or solutions to unwanted symptoms that you’re having? Just curious what your reasoning is for looking into thyroid. I’m also looking into my thyroid, and have kind of high SHBG, so just wondering what your rationale is. Thanks.

solutions to low T symptoms caused by that high SHBG. My free T is 54 pg/ml, i found this value optimal in some medicine journal, bottom range in another........ All I know is I have simptoms of low T and will test tyroid these days because I have heard that hypertyroidism can elevate SHBG and I do have symptoms of it, too.

Gman86

solutions to low T symptoms caused by that high SHBG. My free T is 54 pg/ml, i found this value optimal in some medicine journal, bottom range in another........ All I know is I have simptoms of low T and will test tyroid these days because I have heard that hypertyroidism can elevate SHBG and I do have symptoms of it, too.

So you think you have HYPERthyroid symptoms? What are this symptoms, if you don’t mind me asking.

And ya that free T is extremely low. I would imagine you would be pretty symptomatic with that level.

Vince

Super Moderator
SHBG controls the amount of testosterone that your body tissues canuse. Too little testosterone in men and too much testosterone in women cancause problems. The level of SHBG in your blood changes because of factors such as sex and age. It can also change because of obesity, liver disease, and hyperthyroidism.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (Blood) - Health Encyclopedia - ...
University of Rochester › urmc › content

High levels of SHBG can be related to:

• Hepatitis
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • HIV
  • Anticonvulsants, or medicine used to treat seizures

lazaroiu152

So you think you have HYPERthyroid symptoms? What are this symptoms, if you don’t mind me asking.

And ya that free T is extremely low. I would imagine you would be pretty symptomatic with that level.

Always hungry, not putting mass
Always thirsty, frequent urination
Resless leg syndrome
Anxiety

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel