Fasting Diets Are Gaining Acceptance

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Mark Mattson, a neuroscientist at the National Institute on Aging in Maryland, has not had breakfast in 35 years. Most days he practices a form of fasting — skipping lunch, taking a midafternoon run, and then eating all of his daily calories (about 2,000) in a six-hour window starting in the afternoon.
“Once you get used to it, it’s not a big deal,” said Dr. Mattson, chief of the institute’s laboratory of neurosciences. “I’m not hungry at all in the morning, and this is other people’s experience as well. It’s just a matter of getting adapted to it.”
In a culture in which it’s customary to eat three large meals a day while snacking from morning to midnight, the idea of regularly skipping meals may sound extreme. But in recent years intermittent fasting has been gaining popular attention and scientific endorsement.
It has been promoted in best-selling books and endorsed by celebrities like the actors Hugh Jackman and Benedict Cumberbatch. The late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel claims that for the past two years he has followed an intermittent fasting program known as the 5:2 diet, which entails normal eating for five days and fasting for two — a practice Mr. Kimmel credits for his significant weight loss.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TheDude

I'm sure it works for some, but why limit yourself if you don't have to? Learn to eat right and you'll lose weight. It may not be fast, but it will last. The problem with these diets that limit the amount of food you eat, is that everyone gains back all they lost very quickly. If you learn to eat right, you'll be amazed at how much food you can eat and still lose a great deal of weight, while increasing muscle and strength. If you need help, I recommend checking out Renaissance Periodization. They've been doing great things in the Strength and Conditioning world.

Vince

Super Moderator
Scientists Discover That Fasting Triggers Stem Cell Regeneration & Fights Cancer

Now, scientists have discovered the first evidence of a natural intervention triggering stem cell-based regeneration of an organ or system. The study was published in the June 5 issue of Cell Stem Cell by researchers from the University of Southern California. The research shows that cycles of prolonged fasting protect against immune system damage and induce immune system regeneration. They concluded that fasting shifts stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.

http://www.collective-evolution.com...riggers-stem-cell-regeneration-fights-cancer/

1. Fasting helps protect against brain disease
2. Fasting cuts your risk of heart disease and diabetes
3. Fasting effectively treats cancer in human cells

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com