Exercising on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

jatindell

I am currently taking 50mg Test Cyp MWF 7 50ui HCG Sun & Wednesday.

Can i workout certain body parts twice per week? I am not sore... so I was wondering if that was a decent indicator. 38 years old, lifting for around 16 years.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Everyone's different, if you've been exercising for 16 years, I'm pretty sure you know your body. I do work each body part 2 times a week, I also know how different it is for everyone.

Weasel

I can only do once a week. But I push every workout. A heavy hard leg day and I'll be sore for 4-6 days just from that one workout.

madman

Super Moderator

Can i workout certain body parts twice per week? I am not sore... so I was wondering if that was a decent indicator. 38 years old, lifting for around 16 years.

You can try it out but understand that even though one is on trt and if your testosterone levels are in a healthy physiological range whether mid-normal or high-normal depending on your protocol and how you as an individual respond to testosterone.

Even though one will see improvement in body compostion (gaining muscle/strength, loss of body fat) and will notice improved recovery when lifting weights it is not the same as using steroid doses to attain testosterone levels well into the supra-physiological range where one would notice much greater gains in muscle/strength and greater recovery abilities.

The 3 main factors which contribute to recovery are anabolic hormone levels/rest(quality sleep)/nutrition.

Even if one has healthy testosterone levels, lacking the proper nutrition/rest, recovery abilities will be impeded.

Training too intensely, long or often will also negatively effect recovery.

Soreness is a descent indicator but it is the nervous system not just the muscle tissue that takes a beating from heavy intense training sessions!

Will Brink

Soreness is not an indicator of progress or lack there of. Training a bodypart 2X per week is fairly common rec. but volume and frequency can be adjusted. Charles has good info:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-training-frequency-and-volume

DKNera

Hi jatindell, From your experience over the course of the 16 years, what is your go-to routine?

Either way, in regard to the point about training body parts more than once per week, it could definitely be a great option. The train-one-muscle-group-once-per-week concept is effective for newbies (with higher propensity to respond to the training stimulus) and steroid users. It's in many of the training programs you'd see in the fitness mags/resources, and is frankly misleading. Full-body and/or compound movements done multiple times per week is really the way to go. Even though you're on T, it's not at the supraphysiological levels of steroid users, so blasting one muscle group once per week wouldn't necessarily help you. For natural lifters, fewer sets per day (but spread out across 2 or 3 times per week) could be beneficial.

Though my routine evolves every couple months, I like training and see results when doing only one or two exercises per muscle group per day.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me