EFFECT OF TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE ON TESTIS SIZE (1981)

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
ABSTRACT
We treated chronically 39 normal men with a depot androgen, testosterone enanthate (200 mg. intramuscularly), to assess its potential as a male contraceptive agent. Careful examination and quantification of testicular volume were done before, during and after several dose regimens of androgen therapy. After 4 months of weekly or bimonthly treatment with testosterone enanthate testicular volume decreased by 19.0 plus or minus 2.1 and 16.5 plus or minus 3.4 per cent, respectively. Decrease in testicular volume was related directly to decrease in sperm count. A total of 17 subjects on either weekly or bimonthly injections failed to suppress sperm counts to less than 5 million per cc after 16 weeks; testicular volume was not significantly less than control at this time. Four to 12 weeks of additional weekly injections decreased sperm counts to less than 5 million per cc in 13 of the 17 patients and decreased testicular volume by 23.0 plus or minus 4.8 per cent. The 16 additional weeks of less frequent injections (every 3 or 4 weeks) resulted in an increase in testicular volume with a return to normal size after treatment was discontinued.

In summary, chronic administration of testosterone enanthate produces modest increases in serum testosterone and estradiol, and decreases in luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones, inhibiting spermatogenesis and decreasing testis size. All of these changes are reversible in normal subjects.

Attachments

• DEC30-TESTICULAR-SHRINKAGE-palacios1981.pdf
    110.7 KB · Views: 69
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BenM

What's interesting is after 6 months on TRT mine don't seem to have shrunk much if at all. Maybe they just weren't that big to begin with (I am secondary). If it was going to happen surely I'd have noticed by now?

Seeing a new doc next week and was thinking of discussing HCG anyway (for the whole backfilling the pathways thing).

bigbobrocks

What's interesting is after 6 months on TRT mine don't seem to have shrunk much if at all. Maybe they just weren't that big to begin with (I am secondary). If it was going to happen surely I'd have noticed by now?

Seeing a new doc next week and was thinking of discussing HCG anyway (for the whole backfilling the pathways thing).

I did two sperm counts prior to TRT and had above normal results (which was extra strange considering I'm secondary and had low LH and FSH).
I then did a sperm count 3 months in to TRT. There was a mild decrease but still very fertile.
It has now been six months of TRT (and with a more frequent dosing schedule) and my next sperm count is next Friday.
I can post the results on here.
I am expecting to see a decline but I'm not sure how much it will be.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me