Effect of Alcohol on Testosterone Blood Level

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rudi

Does anyone have any info about alcohol and TRT ? Is it true that while you are on TRT and consuming alcohol, your estrogen levels will rise?
IMG_9386.jpeg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I know that excessive alcohol can damage the leydig cells on the testes thereby lowering natural production.

I don't know how it could effect exogenous testosterone as it's being put straight into the body.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Studies Found
Low plasma testosterone values in men during hangover

Ethanol intoxication reduced testosterone and increased LH with no significant influence on estrogens, with more pronounced changes associated with hangovers

Acute Ethanol Administration Enhances Plasma Testosterone Levels Following Gonadotropin Stimulation In Men

Ethanol intake at 0.675g/kg was able to enhance the testosterone-increasing response to injected gonadotropin-releasing hormone in healthy men.

Acute Effect Of Alcohol On Androgens In Premenopausal Women

Testosterone was increased in healthy women at an oral dose of 0.5g/kg ethanol, and this increase was more prominent in women using oral contraceptives

Effect Of Acute Postexercise Ethanol Intoxication On The Neuroendocrine Response To Resistance Exercise

No significant influence on testosterone, adrenaline, or cortisol associated with alcohol intake after exercise

Effects Of Acute Alcohol Intake On Pituitary-gonadal Hormones In Normal Human Males

16 males consuming a large acute dose of vodka (2.2ml/kg 100-proof vodka within 15 minutes) noted suppression of testosterone after 84 minutes, with a spike in LH as well

Sex Hormones And Adrenocortical Steroids In Men Acutely Intoxicated With Ethanol

An increase in cortisol and decrease in testosterone was seen by 12 hours after a large dose of alcohol, and small trends that reached significance at 36 hours were seen for LH and FSH in being increased.

Effect Of Moderate Alcohol Consumption On Plasma Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate, Testosterone, And Estradiol Levels In Middle-aged Men And Postmenopausal Women: A Diet-controlled Intervention Study

Intake of a moderate amount of alcohol (30-40g) over a period of 3 weeks is associated with slightly suppressed testosterone levels in men only.

The Effects Of Acute Alcohol Consumption On Recovery From A Simulated Rugby Match

1g/kg ethanol was unable to significantly influence the endocrine parameters measured, but was able to reduce power output the next day

Testosterone Increases In Men After A Low Dose Of Alcohol

Low dose alcohol (0.5g/kg) was associated with a small (17%) increase in testosterone, which was abolished when the metabolism of ethanol was reduced

Alcohol - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects

Eusung

This puzzles me because I once tested at normal when I was not drinking that often. I then started drinking more frequently (was going through tough times)....tested my blood again...and my T level was 70 ng/dl higher than the previous blood test.

bigbobrocks

This puzzles me because I once tested at normal when I was not drinking that often. I then started drinking more frequently (was going through tough times)....tested my blood again...and my T level was 70 ng/dl higher than the previous blood test.
That's a pretty minimal increase. I'd say that would just be standard testosterone fluctuation. Mine would often change by 100-250 depending on how late in the morning and if I had lifted weights beforehand.

akizal

years ago I originally got on TRT from a total T level of 70 ng/dl , that was my last test before treatment, but now I remember, the night before I had drank a fair bit of alcohol before the blood test, do you think this mattered THAT much? or it would have been <150 or so anyways? I mean 70 is fairly extreme I know so most likely had secondary hypogonadism as diagnosed alcohol or not

CoastWatcher

years ago I originally got on TRT from a total T level of 70 ng/dl , that was my last test before treatment, but now I remember, the night before I had drank a fair bit of alcohol before the blood test, do you think this mattered THAT much? or it would have been <150 or so anyways? I mean 70 is fairly extreme I know so most likely had secondary hypogonadism as diagnosed alcohol or not
It is unlikely to have been a problem. But, if you’ve been on testosterone replacement for years, it’s a moot question at this point.

akizal

It is unlikely to have been a problem. But, if you’ve been on testosterone replacement for years, it’s a moot question at this point.

very true, but I am only 29 i would just be curious to see with proper lifestyle if i could recover to like 400+ but whats the point really idk

BigBamBoo

One thing to remember is the effect of drinking on the liver. What do we know about the liver and SHBG?

I would think that might have some effect of T levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me