Dosage of test cyp on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Young at heart

I'm been on TRT for 2 years. When I started, I was taking 120 mg test cyp once a week with 250 IU HCg twice a week, my sexual function was great. Later the Doctor prescribed me 140 mg test cyp a week and no HCG. With the new protocol I gained more muscle but my sexual functioning wasn't that great. Then later, he prescribed me 150 test cyp once a week.Again, packing more muscle but my erections and libido weren't as good as with the lower dosages of test. Then I started to take 160 test cyp a week, erections and libido got worst. Now I'm currently taking 140 mg test cyp and 250 IU of HCG. I have the feeling that the lower the dose of test, the better my erections and libido are. Is it because the more exogenous test you take, the more you lower your HTPA? is less better for the hormonal balance of your body?. Does anyone know?:confused:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I'm been on TRT for 2 years. When I started, I was taking 120 mg test cyp once a week with 250 IU HCg twice a week, my sexual function was great. Later the Doctor prescribed me 140 mg test cyp a week and no HCG. With the new protocol I gained more muscle but my sexual functioning wasn't that great. Then later, he prescribed me 150 test cyp once a week.Again, packing more muscle but my erections and libido weren't as good as with the lower dosages of test. Then I started to take 160 test cyp a week, erections and libido got worst. Now I'm currently taking 140 mg test cyp and 250 IU of HCG. I have the feeling that the lower the dose of test, the better my erections and libido are. Is it because the more exogenous test you take, the more you lower your HTPA? is less better for the hormonal balance of your body?. Does anyone know?:confused:

Regardless of the doses used your hpta would be shutdown.

Ideally although TT is good to know one needs to be more concerned with FT as it is the unbound active fraction of testosterone and once FT levels are in a healthy range along with e2 and other overall hormones than overall one should feel well.

Why would your doctor keep increasing your dose when originally on 120mg/week testosterone along with 250IU HCG twice a week you felt good?

I would say that although with each increased dose your TT/FT levels were increasing so was your e2 and elevated estradiol can have negative effects on ones mood/libido/erectile function among other things.

As we know estradiol in healthy amounts is critical to a males (mood/libido/erectile function/immune system/bone health) and having too high or too low e2 can cause many negative effects.

You would need lab work at each dose change 6 weeks after levels have stabilized to truly know how that specific dose affects your TT, FT and e2 among other health markers.

What is your SHBG as it will dictate ones dose/injection frequency and is critical to the overall effectiveness of trt.

Hard to believe you would keep increasing your dose and only feeling worse.....makes no sense!

Systemlord

It doesn't appear that your doctor is monitoring and managing estrogen, everytime you increase test you increase estrogen. Elevated estrogen is a libido and erection killer. Erections got worse because doctor kept upping your dosage, therefore increasing estrogen and it doesn't appear you have a very knowledgeable doctor as they are very hard to find.

It doesn't appear the doctor understands the rules of this game.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Good comment by Madman.

Why would your doctor keep increasing your dose when originally on 120mg/week testosterone along with 250IU HCG twice a week you felt good?

joshmaximus

Regardless of the doses used your hpta would be shutdown.

Ideally although TT is good to know one needs to be more concerned with FT as it is the unbound active fraction of testosterone and once FT levels are in a healthy range along with e2 and other overall hormones than overall one should feel well.

I would say that although with each increased dose your TT/FT levels were increasing so was your e2 and elevated estradiol can have negative effects on ones mood/libido/erectile function among other things.

As we know estradiol in healthy amounts is critical to a males (mood/libido/erectile function/immune system/bone health) and having too high or too low e2 can cause many negative effects.

You would need lab work at each dose change 6 weeks after levels have stabilized to truly know how that specific dose affects your TT, FT and e2 among other health markers.

What is your SHBG as it will dictate ones dose/injection frequency and is critical to the overall effectiveness of trt.

Hard to believe you would keep increasing your dose and only feeling worse.....makes no sense!
Madman if I have a shbg of 35 what would be a better injection protocol for me? I currently do an eod.

Systemlord

Madman if I have a shbg of 35 what would be a better injection protocol for me? I currently do an eod.

Twice weekly would be better and even better is EOD in an effort to lower estrogen which is why I inject EOD instead of twice weekly ~estrogen is lower on the former while maintaining higher troughs ~ levels are higher at your lowest point.

You may find increasing injections frequencies and injecting smaller doses you are able to have your cake and eat it to, muscle increases while maintaining a high libido and quality erections.

I believe you would see better results on an EOD protocol. You can make it easy on yourself and use 29G insulin syringes for painless injections.

Last edited:

antelopers

having too high or too low e2 can cause many negative effects.

Don't let the TOT revolution crew see this one ;).

Op, my estrogen has always stayed between 20 and 30 no matter the dose I use, and I feel significantly better on a lower dose. I even lowered again recently back to where my trough is about 675 and I feel much better and have higher libido than when my trough is 900.

James

Don't let the TOT revolution crew see this one ;).

Op, my estrogen has always stayed between 20 and 30 no matter the dose I use, and I feel significantly better on a lower dose. I even lowered again recently back to where my trough is about 675 and I feel much better and have higher libido than when my trough is 900.
5 years on TRT and have patiently tried several different protocols, always adjusting 1 thing at a time and waiting 5 - 6 weeks before judging the way I feel and bloodwork. I always feel best when my E2 is at a range that the "broh, dude" crew would say is low. I have low SHBG and do best when my sensitive E2 is in the mid teens. Low dose 1/8th mg of AI has been a godsend for me.

joshmaximus

5 years on TRT and have patiently tried several different protocols, always adjusting 1 thing at a time and waiting 5 - 6 weeks before judging the way I feel and bloodwork. I always feel best when my E2 is at a range that the "broh, dude" crew would say is low. I have low SHBG and do best when my sensitive E2 is in the mid teens. Low dose 1/8th mg of AI has been a godsend for me.
Do u just use one of the 1/8th mg of ai a week or twice a week?

tmaxey1

It doesn't appear that your doctor is monitoring and managing estrogen, everytime you increase test you increase estrogen. Elevated estrogen is a libido and erection killer. Erections got worse because doctor kept upping your dosage, therefore increasing estrogen and it doesn't appear you have a very knowledgeable doctor as they are very hard to find.

It doesn't appear the doctor understands the rules of this game.
Good point. Before I started taking TRT my Test levels came back at 177 and my estrogen tested at 7. I may be an anomaly but I could still perform in the bedroom and never in my life had any issues with erectile dysfunction. I am 43 years old. Now I felt like crap most of the day but when it was go time it didnt matter.

Of course I feel so much better now in every way but your point about estrogen and libido seems very legit.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me