Does DHEA supplementation effect Thyroid even when on Exogenous source?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

I think the answer could be possibly no, as replacing Thyroid hormone would stop the Thyroid gland producing the T4/T3 so supplementing with DHEA while of Thyroid should not effect levels correct?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

That's a good question...........I believe it does aid in the conversion process of T4 to T3 and I wonder how the body would react........would it matter how the T4 got there, whether naturally or not?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
It does, but more-so in a indirect manner. A DHEA imbalance will directly correlate with cortisol and the adrenals, which of course a cortisol imbalance will directly affect the transport activity of T3 into the cells of our bodies. This can result in pooling and elevated Reverse T3, which in turn becomes problematic for energy, metabolism, ATP/ mitochondria synthesis, etc ... A catabolic state if you will ...

LTChris

so are you saying that high DHEA would negatively impact thyroid conversion and increase RT3? I take exogenous DHEA (25mg daily) and have RT3 problems. DHEA levels are just above range.

captain

DHEA if low will increase TRH. TRH increases TSH and Prolactin. More TSH would make more T4 to be converted to RT3. Using TRT suppresses DHEA. This is my understanding of some of the need to supplement DHEA. DHEA and Cortisol need balance. DHEA lowers Cortisol but I don't know how much. This is what they mean when they say there is no free lunch.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me