Dialing in.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nate1278

So I've pretty much gotten all my preliminary work done. Labs, physical etc.... Just need some honest answers. I'm 42 and have a two year old daughter. Married as well. Both of us work full time jobs, normal stress of life...all that jazz. My biggest concern right now with crossing this bridge is the whole "dialing in" process. I've read it can be a real Bitch. Especially making you an emotional train wreck for awhile. I'm willing to deal with it but not sure about right now with a 2 year old kid that requires all my attention at home. I understand the negatives of having low T obviously but I've learned to deal with it for a number of years now. If you were me would you wait it out some time till things get more stable or go for it now?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

So I've pretty much gotten all my preliminary work done. Labs, physical etc.... Just need some honest answers. I'm 42 and have a two year old daughter. Married as well. Both of us work full time jobs, normal stress of life...all that jazz. My biggest concern right now with crossing this bridge is the whole "dialing in" process. I've read it can be a real Bitch. Especially making you an emotional train wreck for awhile. I'm willing to deal with it but not sure about right now with a 2 year old kid that requires all my attention at home. I understand the negatives of having low T obviously but I've learned to deal with it for a number of years now. If you were me would you wait it out some time till things get more stable or go for it now?
You write as if the dialing-in process is something akin to chemotherapy and radiation treatment one might receive while being treated for cancer. Step back, take a breath, and realize that there might - MIGHT - be challenges that you face during the dialing-in phase...or there might not be. If you have a capable physician to help you manage the process the ups and downs can be dealt with. In any case, the payoff, the effects of a well-designed protocol on your health and quality of life, far outweigh the discomforts (which may never materialize) during the initial stages of therapy.

Last edited:

Nate1278

Yeah it did come across as pretty harsh. It's just based on the forums I've read from. Maybe they were exaggerating to some degree. One guy I know had a incompetent physician that had no idea what he was doing and had him on one injection every two weeks. So anyways I'll be going through a center that specializes in this stuff so that's a plus. Not in person though. I'm one of these guys that likes to err on the side of caution so just putting some feelers out there. My wife is a nurse so I'm not worried about figuring out the injections.

CoastWatcher

Yeah it did come across as pretty harsh. It's just based on the forums I've read from. Maybe they were exaggerating to some degree. One guy I know had a incompetent physician that had no idea what he was doing and had him on one injection every two weeks. So anyways I'll be going through a center that specializes in this stuff so that's a plus. Not in person though. I'm one of these guys that likes to err on the side of caution so just putting some feelers out there. My wife is a nurse so I'm not worried about figuring out the injections.
The vast majority of men who start TRT abandon all care within the first year. It's almost always due to an incompetent doctor. He/she prescribes an absurd protocol, and the downward spiral starts. In no time at all, the patient does feel miserable, worse than before treatment began...and they walk away. The most important decision you can make in regard to androgen therapy is the selection of your doctor.

Last edited:

BenM

I am about to turn 42 and have a wife and 3 year old daughter. I totally get where you're coming from - getting started on TRT is an added stress. But so is being unwell and feeling like shit with low-T symptoms. Which would you rather - keep struggling through without it, or start TRT and get better?

Anyway - so I just started TRT myself. I had my second shot last week. I was quite worried about it too, I considered taking some extended leave from work to try and limit stress while I began treatment, but in the end didn't do that. After 10 days and two shots I am already feeling an improvement in my energy levels and outlook. I'm a long way from being properly well or being dialled in, but it's been worth it so far. Not only that, I am more patient with my wife and kid and not biting their heads off all the time; some of it may be placebo, just from knowing that there's light at the end of the tunnel, but even if it is just that alone is worth the effort.

You owe it to yourself to be the best you you can be. If that means going through a little bit of pain while you get things sorted, I say go for it every time.

Gman86

Ya I would 100% go for it if I was in your shoes. Without a doubt. I’ve been on TRT for about 3 years now and am still dialing in, but that’s only because I had to go through two incompetent doctors/ clinics before I smartened up and found Defy medical. Those other clinics weren’t a complete waste, as I learned a lot in the process, but I could of been dialed in years ago if I would of just picked a better doctor from the start. Coastwatcher could not be more right. When it comes to TRT, save yourself time, money and headaches and make sure to go to a quality doctor from the beginning. Easily the best advice I could give anyone that’s looking into TRT

As far as the dialing in process goes, I wouldn’t be that worried about it. I would say the majority that don’t get dialed in right away still feel a ton better during that process than they did pre TRT. I know I do. I’m still getting dialed in, but definitely feel a whole lot better than I did with low T. Just start low, and only start with testosterone. No HCG or AI at first. And make sure you inject at least once weekly, preferably more frequent if possible. If you do all those things u have absolutely nothing to worry about as far as feeling worse or having a rollercoaster effect or anything.

buggies100

Coastwatcher is right regarding the bulk of men fail due to poor meeical ad ice from dr who do not understand things as they should. My dr start e me on old school 200 mg every two weeks. Took my hct way up there. I educated him on the subject. I now go to defy medical and rhings are far better. I always suggest start low and go slow, this being due to my high hct, hematocrit, issues. Do not try to go this alone. It is a journey, but for me it was only really one asjustment, switching from every two weeks to every three days. I feel pretty dialed in and blood work is good. Of course i am trying to tweak things a bit more, probably because i am a dumbass!!

Davet

Well NATE1278 you made an excellent choice by signing up to Nelsons forum.
There is a mass of info and knowledge with the all these guys so you are in a good place.
My advice would be to go for it but be involved and learn all you can about the sides/feelings and not be a passenger with your treatment. Then you can make the necessary tweaks to keep it sweet.....and follow Dr C's advice ...always start on a low dose and hopefully as the guys point out your doc knows what he or she is doing.
My doc was a complete idiot.....lol

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching