DHEA Supplementation in Men: What Do Studies Show?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is DHEA one of the Pro hormones targeted in the new law sighed and passed by the Obama Administration ? Now on the DHEA list also ?

During my 1st year , I took every supplement and Pro hormone suggested by the Crisler studies and felt great . I am almost 57 and have slacked on the supplement because I was getting rather big and still lean but to big for an average 55 yr old male and went to only
70mg Cypionate every 3.5 days
100mcg HCG EOD
.25 mg Arimidex every 4th or 5th day
20 mg of Calias every day

I have less drive and not quit the motivation ? I feel due to me being fortunate and gaining lean weight and easy fat loose due to daily training IMHO it is in my head and the grsire to not get huge but have added boring cardio

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
DHEA is available over the counter anywhere. It is not a prohormone per se since it does not increase testosterone in men. But men with low DHEA tend to feel better after supplementing with 25-50 mg per day of DHEA.

I think you may be referring to pregnenolone. Dr Crisler believes it's good to supplement both DHEA and pregnenolone to "backfill" the pathways.

Supplement BOTH Pregnenalone and DHEA?
Higher doses of TRT can also cause this:

Anabolic steroids decrease SHBG, DHEA, pregnenolone and progesterone in men.

Thank you for clearing that up for me ! So is Pregnenalone a pro hormone and I have read several places that only micronized worked effectively and creams but just tabs not micronized were a waste of time . ( this is second hand info and not meant to be argumentative ) . Thank you for great factual information ! This place has great fact based info ! Not gym talk :)

DHM

Hey Nelson et al,

thanks for the links. I've been interested in finding out more about this backfill procedure with DHEA/Preg. DHEA makes me a little edgy anxious and my numbers are upper quartile. Also I believe the estrogen conversion goes through a pathway that bypasses AIs. Trying to learn more, any insight is great. Thanks!

Brian963

Does anyone know of the difference between DHEA and 7-Keto DHEA by Jarrow? Supposedly the 7-Keto DHEA doesn't have the side effects of regular DHEA. I'm thinking about starting it after my next labs with Defy. My DHEA was 374 on a scale of 31-701 on my latest labs. I want to see my current level and discuss before deciding on whether to add this or not.

I been supplementing with DHEA 50mg a day i take it off and on Dr.Crisler prescribed it to me i take the troches for #1 they too expensive plus u have to pay $25 xtra for overnite shipping i think i will go with the capsules cheaper and i get 6months worth at a time.The troches make my stomach ache and if i take one too late in afternoon i get insomnia i can't have that due to my occupation but i tell you i do notice a difference its kinda hard to explain does anybody else use DHEA that can give me some advice or ideas??? Oh yea i'll be 51 Dec,16th and my DHEA blood levels was 165 i just got with Defy in Oct.

I been supplementing with DHEA 50mg a day i take it off and on Dr.Crisler prescribed it to me i take the troches for #1 they too expensive plus u have to pay $25 xtra for overnite shipping i think i will go with the capsules cheaper and i get 6months worth at a time.The troches make my stomach ache and if i take one too late in afternoon i get insomnia i can't have that due to my occupation but i tell you i do notice a difference its kinda hard to explain does anybody else use DHEA that can give me some advice or ideas??? Oh yea i'll be 51 Dec,16th and my DHEA blood levels was 165 i just got with Defy in Oct.

Dr Saya gives me a trasndermal cream that I like, 100mg DHEA/100mg Pregnenolone in 30ml dispenser, I use 2 "clicks" or .5ml every morning. (50mg each hormone). Given your complications, consider the cream. Costs $85 though.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Dr Saya gives me a trasndermal cream that I like, 100mg DHEA/100mg Pregnenolone in 30ml dispenser, I use 2 "clicks" or .5ml every morning. (50mg each hormone). Given your complications, consider the cream. Costs $85 though.

Next time ask to have 2 mg of Selegeline added in as well.

If you don't know what Selegeline is and what it does as an anti aging compound look it up.

Dr. Gaines always adds in 2 mg of Selegeline to his Preg/DHEA transdermals.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs