DHEA lab result Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

stevep

When I started with Defy a couple years ago they had me supplement with DHEA because my initial lab work value was 83 (range 35-430). The goal was to get in the 300's.

They had me start with 50mg daily. I'm taking the Life Extension brand.

The following test value jump to 308 and they were pleased with that. But every subsequent lab results it has dropped: 144, 175, and this week 139.

When it dropped they recommended I double my dose which I didn't do. I figured it would bounce back since I've read on here that many guys take far less than 50mg daily.

Any idea why the initial spike was 308 and now I'm easily below a value of 200?

Thanks,
Steve

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
What has DHEA done for you? You only talk about numbers on a sheet of paper as to why you, continue, to take it. And no mention of what form youre using...micronized capsule? Transdermal? Good on you though for rejecting the irresponsible doubling of the dose. For a nice long post you left out any relevant detail(s).

Gman86

Does anyone know the difference in price between over the counter DHEA and Empower’s DHEA?

And to answer your question, the first thing that comes to mind is obviously the fact that there isn’t strict quality control with supplements you can buy on the internet and DHEA that you might get from a compounding pharmacy.

captain

I get Empower DHEA sublingual Troche 100mg - 30 count 42.00. You cut them to the dose you like. You have to add cost of Doctor and shipping so its not cheap. If you don't already have the Doctor and not making orders for other meds at the same time it cost too much.

Last edited:

stevep

What has DHEA done for you? You only talk about numbers on a sheet of paper as to why you, continue, to take it. And no mention of what form youre using...micronized capsule? Transdermal? Good on you though for rejecting the irresponsible doubling of the dose. For a nice long post you left out any relevant detail(s).

Hey Vince. The LE brand of DHEA I take are the micronized capsules. When I started with Defy I just took the supplements they told me to take to improve my hormones. Just like any good soldier I accepted what they recommended and haven't looked back. It was/is my understanding the DHEA was to improve my mood and libido. And, Defy got me back on track and dialed in where my local doctors where just making my life worse.

I haven't tried stopping to see if DHEA actually has any effect on my sexual function or not.

I guess my question should have been "what would cause my DHEA value of 308 drop to half that taking the same dose/protocol?"

Thanks for your time,

stevep

Does anyone know the difference in price between over the counter DHEA and Empower’s DHEA?

And to answer your question, the first thing that comes to mind is obviously the fact that there isn’t strict quality control with supplements you can buy on the internet and DHEA that you might get from a compounding pharmacy.

When I started with Defy they offered me all the supplements and what it would cost. I told them I wanted to shop around due to the cost. They recommended if I don't go with them that I look into Life Extension supplements due to their quality. I was told as an OTC supplement they are as close to a compounding pharmacy was I would find.

fifty

Only thing I would guess is: do you always take dhea right before labs? If you tested one time before your daily dhea then that could cause the drop.

I would always take my dhea 1-2 hrs before labs as I always took it in the morning.

stevep

Its been my rule to not take any supplements prior to blood work.

BUT, that doesn't mean I didn't mess up and take it prior to the 308 result. Back then all of this was fairly new to me and I might have taken it prior. I couldn't say.

That seems to be the logical answer.

Thanks guys.

Gman86

So like 10x the normal price?

Haha I don't think it would be quite that much. The average dose is 25mg/ day. So 30 100mg troches would now last you 120 days (4 months). And standard shipping with Empower is $12. So $42 (30 100mg troches) + $12 (shipping) = $54. That's for a 4 month supply, if you're doing 25mg/ day. So $54 divided by 4 equals $13.50. So to do 25mg/ day through Empower would be $13.50/ month. Which obviously isn't too bad.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me