David Sinclair, Ph.D., on Rogan

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I listened to it last week and don't recall anything about hair loss. However he did discuss resveratrol in conjunction with NMN and the mechanism of how it may help to prolong life. I bought some . . . figure it can't hurt.

After listening to that podcast, I definitely want to get my hands on some NMN as well. Just figuring out what brand to go with. What brand did you end up buying?

Gman86

I was personally thinking about adding resverstrol as well, but I’ve always been obsessed with health and longevity, since I was probably around 12 years old, and I used to have so many supplements that I would take. It got really expensive. I’ve lesrned that there is just too many things out there to take, and you can really get carried away. So nowadays, I’ve tried to really narrow down what I take everyday. Mostly due to cost. So I’m very picky about what I add to my daily regimen. NMN sounds very promising. So doesn’t resveratrol, but I think I prefer NMN over it. Plus, I’m hoping I can get some of the benefits of resveratrol through my diet.

forumjoe

Fascinating podcast, thanks for sharing!

Maybe I understood this wrong but it seemed to be implied that taking both NMN and resveratrol would be more beneficial? Also Metformin was indicated as an activator. A cursory search online suggests all these supplements described above are on the expensive side while metformin seems pretty cheap.

Vtail

After listening to that podcast, I definitely want to get my hands on some NMN as well. Just figuring out what brand to go with. What brand did you end up buying?
I wound up going with MAAC10 - 125mg. I plan on taking one/day. Sinclair takes much more than that, but I figure its better than nothing.

Vtail

I was personally thinking about adding resverstrol as well, but I’ve always been obsessed with health and longevity, since I was probably around 12 years old, and I used to have so many supplements that I would take. It got really expensive. I’ve lesrned that there is just too many things out there to take, and you can really get carried away. So nowadays, I’ve tried to really narrow down what I take everyday. Mostly due to cost. So I’m very picky about what I add to my daily regimen. NMN sounds very promising. So doesn’t resveratrol, but I think I prefer NMN over it. Plus, I’m hoping I can get some of the benefits of resveratrol through my diet.
Didn't Sinclair say something about NMN needing Resvertrol (or vice versa) to get the anti-aging benefits? It seemed as though one without the other won't really do much.

Dansk

Fascinating podcast, thanks for sharing!

Maybe I understood this wrong but it seemed to be implied that taking both NMN and resveratrol would be more beneficial? Also Metformin was indicated as an activator. A cursory search online suggests all these supplements described above are on the expensive side while metformin seems pretty cheap.

With Metformin, it works in the Electron Chain Transport, and energy and performance can take a hit. The podcast following the one OP posted on Rogan with Ben Greenfield he discusses this. There are trade offs with most drugs.

Gman86

Didn't Sinclair say something about NMN needing Resvertrol (or vice versa) to get the anti-aging benefits? It seemed as though one without the other won't really do much.

Seems like NMN might be still pretty good without resveratrol. It’s just an NAD precursor. Plenty of people are doing NAD iv’s without resveratrol, with great results. But ya, maybe resverstrol and NMN work synergistically

SilverSurfer

Howardb

Hi Nelson,

So he says that resveratrol alone does not work like they hoped.

DS suggested resveratrol has the bioavailability of brick dust. He takes it with yoghurt (home made)

Key Takeaways
Sirtuins are genes which protect all organisms from deterioration and disease

NMN and resveratrol are molecules which essentially mimic the effects of the sirtuin genes

“You can think of resveratrol as the accelerator pedal for the sirtuin genes, and NMN as the fuel”

NMN also boosts NAD levels (which sirtuins need to function)

“Aging should absolutely be classified as a disease”
Why isn’t it? – Because it happens to everybody – “It’s only because we all tend to go through this that we think it’s acceptable”

One of the best things you can do to increase your chances of living longer – don’t overeat

The Joe Rogan Experience - David Sinclair, Ph.D. - Podcast Notes

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching