Coffee -It's Good For You

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Slightly over a year ago the World Health Organization officially decided that coffee was no longer bad for you. Recently, the British Medical Journal reviewed the evidence across meta-analyses of observational and interventional studies of coffee consumption and any health outcome.

• The umbrella review identified 201 meta-analyses of observational research with 67 unique health outcomes and 17 meta-analyses of interventional research with nine unique outcomes.
  • Coffee consumption was more often associated with benefit than harm for a range of health outcomes.
  • There was evidence of a non-linear association between consumption and some outcomes, with summary estimates indicating largest relative risk reduction at intakes of three to four cups a day versus none, including:
  • all cause mortality (relative risk 0.83, 95% confidence interval 0.83 to 0.88),
  • cardiovascular mortality (0.81, 0.72 to 0.90),
  • and cardiovascular disease (0.85, 0.80 to 0.90).
  • High versus low consumption was associated with an 18% lower risk of incident cancer (0.82, 0.74 to 0.89). Consumption was also associated with a lower risk of several specific cancers and neurological, metabolic, and liver conditions.
  • Harmful associations were largely nullified by adequate adjustment for smoking, except in pregnancy. There was also an association between coffee drinking and risk of fracture in women but not in men.

"Coffee consumption and health: umbrella review of meta-analyses of multiple health outcomes," British Medical Journal, 22 November 2017, http://www.bmj.com/content/359/bmj.j5024

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Will Brink

Love me some coffee. The money shot:

"Coffee consumption seems generally safe within usual levels of intake, with summary estimates indicating largest risk reduction for various health outcomes at three to four cups a day, and more likely to benefit health than harm."

Those who want to take their coffee to the next level of win, my Bomb Proof recipe is, well, the bomb.

Ardoc

Thanks CW! Its nice when we find out good things about habits we already have, not that I would stop drinking it if the results were the opposite :)

I had also read recently (can't remember where) that coffee is the largest source of antioxidants for most North Americans.

Vince

Super Moderator
The latest coffee babble in the medical press:MPT: Coffee: No Harm, No Foul If Only 4 Cups Daily
— However, link seen between coffee drinking and fracture risk in women
…
Analysis of more than 200 studies found that drinking three to four cups of coffee a day (400 mg/day) was associated with a reduced risk of all cause mortality…
…
A research limitation was that much of the evidence was low quality and came from observational studies which may include residual confounding.
…
The full meta-meta is in the BMJ (open access full-text):
Coffee consumption and health: umbrella review of meta-analyses of multiple health outcomes
Expect it to be included in even lower quality future meta-meta-metas.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I drink a lot of coffee to keep me awake, because of driving a long distance at night. Before bed I use a De-Caffeinate Sleep aid for caffeine removal, it does work you me. You can buy them through Amazon.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me