Clomid Success Story: 18 Month Follow-Up

Buy Lab Tests Online
Clomid Success Story Continued: 9 month Follow-Up

Hello again,

The link above also links to all of my previous threads from the beginning of my journey here.

At my last appointment back in August I discussed my high levels of testosterone, specifically we discussed my now increased levels of anxiety.

For a brief history, I have had generalized anxiety for about 5 years, mostly around public speaking. That aspect has been well managed, but shortly before I started Clomid, I also developed OCD.

Before my appointment in August, the OCD had ramped down considerably, however the generalized anxiety went through the roof. Specifically due to having a panic attack while driving on the highway, which was causing me great levels of anxiety every time I had to drive on the highway.

We discussed coming off the Clomid altogether, and that the high levels of anxiety could be caused by the higher levels of testosterone. However, he preferred that I stay on Clomid for another few months, albeit at a lower dose. I was currently on 50 mg twice/week, and he suggested I move to once per week. Anxiety aside, he wanted to see my testosterone a bit lower, especially considering I was having symptoms of high testosterone.

He gave me the option of coming off completely, or trying 50 mg once/week for 4 - 6 weeks and then sending him an e-mail to check in. If I was still having issues, I could see him again after another set of blood work in 4 - 6 weeks. If I was fine, then I'd simply wait until November.

Well, about a week or two at the lowered dose, anxiety ramped down. I still have issues with driving that I'm working on, but it's much more manageable than it was when my testosterone was higher. All symptoms of high testosterone went away, but now I feel good, no symptoms of low testosterone either.

Fast forward to present day, I stayed on the 50 mg once/week dose from August until November. In that time frame I also lost 9 pounds, which was great because I was curious what would happen to my testosterone if I lost weight. Being at a low weight was a part of the problem initially.

Here's my new numbers: Previous numbers from August are on the left, latest numbers are on the right. My free T is calculated, and my estradiol is not the sensitive test, so I don't bother posting those.

Testost 280-800 ng/dL: 849 > 610

SHBG 14-48 nmol/L: 52 > 52

So my numbers still look very good, despite the lowered dose. I feel good still, plenty of energy, libido is good...etc. I asked again if I could come off completely, and again he left it up to me. He said the jump from 2 50 mg pills per week to 1, is not as big of a jump as 1 pill to none. I was given the option of half a pill once/week, or try none. His recommendation was to take half a pill until January, get more blood work, and then decide to come off it completely then. We would simply talk via e-mail at that point. Then, our next appointment will be in March.

As an aside, I also gave up caffeine (a big deal for someone who has historically drank A LOT of coffee and loves gourmet coffee). This also helped with the anxiety considerably.

Anyways, that's my story so far, we'll see what happens from here.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JakeH

How are things progressing now?

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?9678-Clomid-Success-Story-Continued-9-month-Follow-Up

Hello again,

The link above also links to all of my previous threads from the beginning of my journey here.

At my last appointment back in August I discussed my high levels of testosterone, specifically we discussed my now increased levels of anxiety.

For a brief history, I have had generalized anxiety for about 5 years, mostly around public speaking. That aspect has been well managed, but shortly before I started Clomid, I also developed OCD.

Before my appointment in August, the OCD had ramped down considerably, however the generalized anxiety went through the roof. Specifically due to having a panic attack while driving on the highway, which was causing me great levels of anxiety every time I had to drive on the highway.

We discussed coming off the Clomid altogether, and that the high levels of anxiety could be caused by the higher levels of testosterone. However, he preferred that I stay on Clomid for another few months, albeit at a lower dose. I was currently on 50 mg twice/week, and he suggested I move to once per week. Anxiety aside, he wanted to see my testosterone a bit lower, especially considering I was having symptoms of high testosterone.

He gave me the option of coming off completely, or trying 50 mg once/week for 4 - 6 weeks and then sending him an e-mail to check in. If I was still having issues, I could see him again after another set of blood work in 4 - 6 weeks. If I was fine, then I'd simply wait until November.

Well, about a week or two at the lowered dose, anxiety ramped down. I still have issues with driving that I'm working on, but it's much more manageable than it was when my testosterone was higher. All symptoms of high testosterone went away, but now I feel good, no symptoms of low testosterone either.

Fast forward to present day, I stayed on the 50 mg once/week dose from August until November. In that time frame I also lost 9 pounds, which was great because I was curious what would happen to my testosterone if I lost weight. Being at a low weight was a part of the problem initially.

Here's my new numbers: Previous numbers from August are on the left, latest numbers are on the right. My free T is calculated, and my estradiol is not the sensitive test, so I don't bother posting those.

Testost 280-800 ng/dL: 849 > 610

SHBG 14-48 nmol/L: 52 > 52

So my numbers still look very good, despite the lowered dose. I feel good still, plenty of energy, libido is good...etc. I asked again if I could come off completely, and again he left it up to me. He said the jump from 2 50 mg pills per week to 1, is not as big of a jump as 1 pill to none. I was given the option of half a pill once/week, or try none. His recommendation was to take half a pill until January, get more blood work, and then decide to come off it completely then. We would simply talk via e-mail at that point. Then, our next appointment will be in March.

As an aside, I also gave up caffeine (a big deal for someone who has historically drank A LOT of coffee and loves gourmet coffee). This also helped with the anxiety considerably.

Anyways, that's my story so far, we'll see what happens from here.

Checkdis

I’m glad to hear Clomid is working for you. Were you taking anything in the past for your anxiety like an SSRI or Benzodiazepines?

trng

Thanks AlcahueteJ for your testimony. I am new here and to all of this and really appreciate the knowledge and experience of the members of this forum.

One question I have is what is your diet like? how is your GI system working? did you take any nutritional or dietary supplements? I don't see this included in these very informative posts.

I’m glad to hear Clomid is working for you. Were you taking anything in the past for your anxiety like an SSRI or Benzodiazepines?

Sorry for the SUPER late response on these.

Nah, but I actually just started a low dose of an SSRI about 4 weeks ago.

One question I have is what is your diet like? how is your GI system working? did you take any nutritional or dietary supplements? I don't see this included in these very informative posts.

Diet is high protein, high fiber, low-ish carbs, medium fat. Weekend involves a cheat meal or two and some beers. GI system works great.

1 multi per day
1000 IUs of Vitamin D per day in the summer (2000 in the winter)
500 mg Magnesium per day
6 grams fish oil per day

I'll start a new thread with more updates soon.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me