Bloodtest shows increase in testosterone post introduction of Levothyroxin on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

nigel1978

Hello,

I have been trying to dial in my trt protocol and recently found I had an increase in testosterone in my latest blood test after introducing 100mcg per day of Levothyroxin. My protocol at the time was 62.5mg of test enanthate twice per week + 200 IU HCG injected sub q eod. Initially under this protocol without the Levothyroxin my test level was 30.1 nmol/l. Ref range 7.6-31.40. Then, whilst remaining on the same test/HCG dosage I introduced the Levothyroxin at 100mcg per day and retested after six weeks. My testosterone level came back with an increase to 38.2 nmol/l... Ref range 7.6-31.40.

The Levothyroxin was introduced as my Thyroid numbers were not great showing a potential underactive thyroid. Before starting TRT, my natural test level was low end of normal (12 nmol/l) with LH + FSH being mid range.

I would find it hard to believe that the Levo has increased my synthetic testosterone injections but instead has increased the function of my testis response to the HCG therefore increasing testosterone? So... Taking into consideration I had a mid range LH + FSH and my testosterone was low end of normal (12nmol/l) if I were to come of all meds except for the Levo, is it possible I could see an increase in natural testosterone potentially putting me at around the 20 nmol/l mark? (Normal level 12nmol/l + an increase of 8nmol/l).

I am nearly 40 years of age and a post AAS user.

Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

We have seen Thyroid numbers increase after beginning TRT and conversely have seen TRT numbers increase after starting Thyroid meds. Not everyone is the same with this. However I believe most will state that one should get their thyroid in order before beginning TRT. I doubt you would see that much of a gain ( 12 to 20) going off TRT. Give it some time this will make you feel better.

I think it's beyond anecdotal, the increase. Blood drawn for the same lab? Same time of day? You inject at the same time of day? Most guys can't withstand the consistency needed to compare things side-by-side as you're trying to do. If you can demonstrate youre that consistent (i.e., no variables because of things YOU do or don't do) then I'd be inclined to see you repeat the test result because this in isolation doesn't mean anything.

nigel1978

Hi Vince, thank you for your reply... Unless I made an error with my dosage on a jab prior to blood test, all variables were kept the same including timing of blood test and lab.

I did some research on T4 meds effect on leydig cells/testosterone and did find a link which I will attach assuming I am not breaking the rules....

https://www.endocrine-abstracts.org/ea/0056/ea0056oc2.5

In regards to repeating the test, this is not possible at present as my doctor has advised me to reduce my test dosage to 100mg per week split into two doses as he feels I may feel the benefits of a test level at around 25nmol/l...

madman

Super Moderator
Hi Vince, thank you for your reply... Unless I made an error with my dosage on a jab prior to blood test, all variables were kept the same including timing of blood test and lab.

I did some research on T4 meds effect on leydig cells/testosterone and did find a link which I will attach assuming I am not breaking the rules....

In regards to repeating the test, this is not possible at present as my doctor has advised me to reduce my test dosage to 100mg per week split into two doses as he feels I may feel the benefits of a test level at around 25nmol/l...

Forget concentrating on where your TT sits.....you need to know where your FT sits before you start tweaking your weekly dose as FT is the unbound active fraction of testosterone and responsible for the beneficial effects.

Well it's all for naught then, means nothing.

DragonBits

Interesting, but the abstract only said "all these parameters improved" without stating how much they improved.

The abstract stated that "72.5% had a low serum testosterone value (< 230 ng/dl)" and that LH increased significantly but only said TT was improved. How much improved ??

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me