Beginner Questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

balata1

Howdy - I am a 49 year old with a lifetime of feeling down - I've been on Paxil for the last 15 years. I had great erections until I hit 20 years old and then one day they stopped being great and became poor at best. I recently started reading about Low T and thought that the symptoms fit me well so on a recent physical I asked my Dr. to include Testosterone in the labs. My labs came back with this:

Total T - 134L (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free T - 34L (46-224 pg/mL)
BIOAvailable T - 67L (110-575 ng/dL)
SexHormoneBindingGlobulin - 11 (10-50 nmol/L)
Albumin Serum - 4.3 (3.6-5.1 g/dL)
FSH - 3.1 (1.6-8.0)
LH- 1.8 (1.5-9.3)
ESTRADIOL- 15 (< or = 39 pg/ml)

The Dr. called me and said that my brain is not telling my testicles to make Testosterone (Secondary Hypogonadism?).

My Dr. will not let me self inject and I have a limited budget. Another Dr. says he will not let me self inject either (I am in Dallas, Tx.). Anyone know of a Dr. in Dallas that will let me inject?

Would it better to go with Clomid vs. Injections?

thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
If you are going to properly do trt, you would have to learn how to self-inject and not rely on your doctor. Your doctor will probably inject you once a week, you would need to inject probably at least twice a week. I definitely would first try clomid before testosterone.

Paxil and low Testo is a bad combo for libido and erection. I´m sure you will be some suggestion of a good doc in Tx. Personally I´m Lexapro due to work stress anxiety which has its sides reg above mentioned but to counteract that I also take Wellbutrin which do helps. Anyway that somehting you shoud discuss with you doc.

Airborne Warrior

With your very low SHBG you really need to inject at least twice weekly, maybe even EOD. You'd be better off trying to find another doc who will allow self injection rather than going on a Clomid protocol IMO.

balata1

It looks like I have one vote for Clomid and one vote for Injectable TRT...How do I know which is the better way to go? (I am not interested in being fertile again)

Sean Mosher

That's something to discuss in detail with your doctor.
Let the doc know you're not interested in fertility, and then discuss both the pros and cons of each method and what to expect from each.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me