Bad News For Egg Lovers

Buy Lab Tests Online

dnfuss

I think people who worry about this should get a calcium heart scan.

I would consider having a coronary calcium scan if there were a course of treatment proven to reverse coronary artery calcification. To my knowledge, there is no clinical evidence of such.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

I would consider having a coronary calcium scan if there were a course of treatment proven to reverse coronary artery calcification. To my knowledge, there is no clinical evidence of such.

Clinically I think they just hope to slow down calcification, and if it stays the same that is success.

There is speculation high potency K1/K2 vitamins such as KoncentratedK can reverse it, but I don't think there has ever been a clinical trial of it.

I will let you the thread know how it turns out for me in about 3 months when I get a repeat test.

DragonBits

What promoted my suggestion to do a CAC test was JohnTaylorHK post about not caring about LDL because of his high HDL level and the Framingman calculator suggesting he is low risk.

If you are going to ignore conventional wisdom about LDL, rather than depending on a calculator and a theory, just measure actual plaque buildup.

One relatively cheap way to do that is a coronary calcium scan.

Cholesterol repairs arteries, damaged by oxidative stress, in the same way that you would put a patch on (except inside, in this case) an inner tube. Repetitive patching causes arterial restriction, obviously.

Again, we are all victims of "Science" failing to prove cause and effect. (Have a persistent headache? Just keep swallowing the pain killers!)

A much better course of action would be to stop (never start?) eating the packaged foods that cause oxidative stress. Too late for most of us, not so for our (grand)children.

I have an outrageously "high" LDL. I DON'T CARE! According to the Framingham calculator, I am low risk of CVA and CVH concerns for my age. LDL is not even measured in lipid profile panels, its ESTIMATED using the Friedewald equation. More important is HDL (mine is similarly outrageously "high") and triglyceride measurement. Read (any of) Jimmy Moore's books, especially Keto clarity. Namaste.

You are mixing science IE, Framingham calculator, to suggest ignoring LDL is OK, and other science that suggest high HDL is heart protective, to ignore other science that says LDL is bad.

You are picking and choosing what science means you are OK and ignoring the science you don't like.

HDL "science" is very muddled, a lot of studies that either studied people with genetically high HDL didn't prove heart protection, and drugs to raise HDL didn't work as hoped and yielded equivocal results.

Since the science behind lipids is so complicated and equivocal, why not just measure your plaque with something like a CAC score? It's a fairly cheap test in Chicago it's $50. Do two tests at least a year apart, then you see how your theory is operating in real life.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Since the science behind lipids is so complicated and equivocal, why not just measure your plaque with something like a CAC score? It's a fairly cheap test in Chicago it's $50. Do two tests at least a year apart, then you see how your theory is operating in real life.
However, if you're at low risk then consider the nontrivial radiation exposure before having this scan.

Gianluca

nice podcast, what he forgets to say is that AA is inflammatory, and we need some inflammation but not too much, I believe the best way to asses this is AA/EPA and Omega 6/3 ratio. It is also true that athletes might be depleted of AA compare to sedentary people

madman

Super Moderator
Precious Yet Perilous - The Weston A. Price Foundation

SIDEBARS

SUMMARY: UNDERSTANDING THE ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS
The primary essential fatty acids are the omega-6 arachidonic acid and the omega-3 DHA.

• Arachidonic acid is found in liver, egg yolks, and other fats from land animals, and in small amounts in seafood. DHA is found in cod liver oil, fatty fish, and in smaller amounts in the organs and fats of land animals.

Symptoms of arachidonic acid deficiency include dry, scaly and itchy skin, hair loss, dandruff, reproductive difficulties, gastrointestinal disturbances, and food intolerances. Symptoms of DHA deficiency include numbness, tingling, weakness, pain, psychological disturbances, poor cognitive function, difficulty learning, and poor visual acuity. Deficiencies of both fatty acids contribute to poor growth, poor immunity, and inflammation.

The requirement for essential fatty acids is likely to be well below 0.1 percent of calories on a diet that is devoid of refined sugar and rancid vegetable oils, low in polyunsaturated vegetable oils, adequate in protein and total energy, and rich in vitamin B6, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and fresh, whole foods abundant in natural antioxidants.

The requirement for essential fatty acids is lowest in healthy adults and highest in infants and growing children, pregnant and lactating women, bodybuilders, people recovering from injury, and people with chronic disease. Alcoholism, diabetes, insulin resistance, certain genetic variations, and strict vegetarianism may make someone more likely to become deficient. Additional liver, egg yolks, and cod liver oil can be used to correct deficiencies.

Excess linoleic acid from vegetable oils can cause a deficiency in DHA. An excess of the omega-3 fatty acid EPA from fish and cod liver oil can cause a deficiency in arachidonic acid. For this reason, cod liver oil should be used in moderation and in combination with a diet rich in egg yolks and organ meats.

• Essential fatty acids are vulnerable to a process called oxidation, which can cause cellular damage.

• Replacing traditional animal fats with polyunsaturated vegetable oils may increase the risk of heart disease, cancer and total mortality.

• One gram per day of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil reduces cardiovascular mortality in patients with chronic heart failure or who have recently had a heart attack. However, fish oil may increase cardiovascular and total mortality, especially when used for more than four years in combination with a standard modern diet.

The liberal use of organ meats and egg yolks combined with small amounts of cod liver oil renders the essential fatty acids safe and health-promoting.

Gianluca

The liberal use of organ meats and egg yolks combined with small amounts of cod liver oil renders the essential fatty acids safe and health-promoting.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is good advise, it is all subjective, organs meat contains high SFA which raise even more inflammation along with insulin resistance which further increase inflammation. Again it is all about balance and the best way is to test it, in my opinion. Also other factors come into play like other inflammation markers and Lp(a)

madman

Super Moderator
The liberal use of organ meats and egg yolks combined with small amounts of cod liver oil renders the essential fatty acids safe and health-promoting.

I don't think this is good advise, it is all subjective, organs meat contains high SFA which raise even more inflammation along with insulin resistance which further increase inflammation. Again it is all about balance and the best way is to test it, in my opinion. Also other factors come into play like other inflammation markers and Lp(a)[/QUOTE]

@2:05

Gianluca

I don't think this is good advise, it is all subjective, organs meat contains high SFA which raise even more inflammation along with insulin resistance which further increase inflammation. Again it is all about balance and the best way is to test it, in my opinion. Also other factors come into play like other inflammation markers and Lp(a)

[/QUOTE]

lol, I'll watch it soon

Vince

Super Moderator
At the study's end, the researchers concluded that patients with HDL levels in the middle-range of the spectrum -- meaning between 41 to 60 mg/dL of blood -- fared the best, having the lowest risk for heart attack or death from heart disease.
In contrast, those with HDL readings below 41 or above 60 faced a markedly increased risk for both health outcomes, demonstrating what the researchers called a "U-shaped" risk pattern.

https://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-m...-too-much-good-hdl-cholesterol-be-bad-for-you

Gianluca

[/QUOTE]

I made a question on his Youtube video, he mentioned that ARA resolve inflammation, but that I know ARA is inflammatory, for example it activates things like thromboxane, when EPA does the apposite. Again balance is the key

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me