Anyone taking hydrocortisone? Any Relief ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DB32

sorry to hear that, it is well known that Prednisone, if used long term, will shout down 100% adrenals because it has a 24H acting, that is why it should not be used for this purpose, beside having the side effects of super physiological intake. You mentioned you needed allot of HC, what does that mean? you still not putting down any dosages frequencies you were using, AKA protocol! my Doc told me to go max 30mg per day divided in three dosages, which is the right Protocol used to treat adrenal insufficiency, if you read the link I attached there is a very good explanation of HC treatment, up to 30mg a day in men shouts down 20-35% adrenals. Good info to educate your doctor there

I understand being low Cortisol is not fun, I'm 10 days in it right now, on 20/25mg daily, it's making a difference, especially on my exercising that would constantly giving me low blood sugar, and I fall at sleep much faster, I feel more calm as well, I will try it out for sometime, eventually going off

I didn't think it would be right to share my dosing as it could mislead people and given my bad experience I didn't want to promote such bad management.

To give you an idea I required up to 5x the replacement dose at times just to be able to function on a very basic level(no excercise and very sedentary, basically disabled/house/bed bound)

There are some great success stories and it's good to hear that your response to HC has been a positive one.

I am very symptomatic of low cortisol again so am probably will be looking at ways to improve my adrenal health again fairly soon.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

Would like to hear more from guys using HC, what's your protocol? how do you take it? what has it done for you?

Omi7276

How much time after starting hydrocortisone, did your symptoms withered away ?
Yeah I have the same problem and eventually was put on hydrocortisone full time. It was a huge improvement because low cortisol also stops thyroid from working. So going on hydrocortisone got my thyroid working and I felt so much better. Try it and see how you feel. If you feel better then you know you need it. I sleep way better on cortisol than I do with out. It seems weird but when your body is short of it everything seems to suffer. Going on hydrocortisone also helped by lower back pain and knee pain. Apparently low cortisol people have those problems as well as the fatigue.

Keepfit1

Yes I did along with so many other symptoms that can be found online. My MD Rx'd cortef (pills) 10mg each. I take 15mg when I get up. I take 10 at lunch and 5 at supper for a total of 30mg daily. It's the same therapy as one gets when you have addisons disease. I had a head injury when I was 7 years old that damaged my pituitary. So it compromised my body's ability to make it's own hormones. Unfortunately they didn't figure it out until I was 50. It wasn't until my hormone MD did a saliva test and he learned that I was low at all 4 times.
That’s quite a high dose, Hertoghe recommends that dose but other docs prefer to keep it lower eg 15 mg per day so as not to shut down natural production in those who have it, I realise you don’t

Gianluca

Yes I did along with so many other symptoms that can be found online. My MD Rx'd cortef (pills) 10mg each. I take 15mg when I get up. I take 10 at lunch and 5 at supper for a total of 30mg daily. It's the same therapy as one gets when you have addisons disease. I had a head injury when I was 7 years old that damaged my pituitary. So it compromised my body's ability to make it's own hormones. Unfortunately they didn't figure it out until I was 50. It wasn't until my hormone MD did a saliva test and he learned that I was low at all 4 times.
What time is your supper?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching