Amazing Whey Protein benefits

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

I head here and there before about the peptides contained in whey protein powder, and once ingested they provide some benefits. I decided to dig a little more into it and to my amazement the benefits are :

lipid and glucose metabolism
muscle metabolism
hepatitis B
Hypertension
Osteoporosis
Gastrointestinal support
Sarcopenia
and more....
vegans are really missing out here

Peptides and proteins in whey and their benefits for human health

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963996915000319

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Airborne Warrior

Not all whey protein is created equal though that has more to do with protein, carbs, lactose and fat content than the amino acid content. I prefer isolate over concentrate for its higher purity.

Will Brink

I head here and there before about the peptides contained in whey protein powder, and once ingested they provide some benefits. I decided to dig a little more into it and to my amazement the benefits are :

lipid and glucose metabolism
muscle metabolism
hepatitis B
Hypertension
Osteoporosis
Gastrointestinal support
Sarcopenia
and more....
vegans are really missing out here

Peptides and proteins in whey and their benefits for human health

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963996915000319

See also: Whey Q&A

Vince

Super Moderator
I'll someone who can't supplement with whey. For whatever reason it's destroyed my good a1c and fasting glucose. I use a good broth supplement instead.

Vince

Super Moderator
Whey my not affect everyone the same. The only way you know for sure is by trying it.

A recent study published in the scientific journal, Diabetes, suggested that protein, specifically prolonged consumption of whey protein, may spike insulin to dangerous levels. This implied that whey protein could lead to insulin resistance, a common predecessor of type 2 diabetes.Jul 18, 2018
Whey Protein's Impact on Insulin Resistance & Blood Glucose ...
TigerFitness.com | Buy Supplements, Workout Apparel, and Fitness Gear › supplements
More results

Last edited:

Will Brink

Whey my not affect everyone the same. The only way you know for sure is by trying it.

A recent study published in the scientific journal, Diabetes, suggested that protein, specifically prolonged consumption of whey protein, may spike insulin to dangerous levels. This implied that whey protein could lead to insulin resistance, a common predecessor of type 2 diabetes.Jul 18, 2018
TigerFitness.com | Buy Supplements, Workout Apparel, and Fitness Gear › supplements
More results

The article you posted does a good job of showing it's not likely to apply to active healthy people, and other studies suggest benefits to glucose and insulin metabolism:

The Whey to Weight Loss! | BrinkZone.com

Seems good but really expensive. I wonder what make whey spike your fasting glucose? Can it have something do with other ingrediences that come with it? I really don´t want my fasting glucose to spike so I should look for alternatives.

Vince

Super Moderator
whey_protein_unflavored_back_1024x1024_grande_971e8e2f-220b-4d40-a5a5-f9c157863b7f_808x808.png

Gman86

That a boy Vince, knew you were smarter than to use whey protein filled with artificial flavoring. So ya I really have no idea why your A1C and fasting glucose would increase like that from whey. Makes me want to do a little more research on whey, as I drink my grassfed unflavored whey almost daily.

dnfuss

That a boy Vince, knew you were smarter than to use whey protein filled with artificial flavoring. So ya I really have no idea why your A1C and fasting glucose would increase like that from whey. Makes me want to do a little more research on whey, as I drink my grassfed unflavored whey almost daily.
Like all things having to do with serum glucose, there is likely to be significant individual variation in reaction to whey protein. It raised Vince's fasting glucose and HgbA1c dramatically (and mine). It may, or may not, have a similar effect on yours.

Gianluca

More results

Good point Vince, I thought about the fact before of Whey iso spiking insulin, isn't longevity correlated with low levels of Insulin? the less you spike the more you live??

Beside I think also it depends how we drink it, if we mix it with complex carbs and some fat I don't believe it will spike insulin so much rather then drinking it alone, for example drinking it at the end of a meal such as oatmeal and almonds. what do you think @Will Brink ?

if I drink it after work out I have it with fruits and I think that spike insulin, other times I have it mixed with a complex carbs drink with almonds butter or at the end of a meal, I don't believe it spikes so much this way, and possibly last in the blood longer

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Good point Vince, I thought about the fact before of Whey iso spiking insulin, isn't longevity correlated with low levels of Insulin? the less you spike the more you live??

Beside I think also it depends how we drink it, if we mix it with complex carbs and some fat I don't believe it will spike insulin so much rather then drinking it alone, for example drinking it at the end of a meal such as oatmeal and almonds. what do you think @Will Brink ?

if I drink it after work out I have it with fruits and I think that spike insulin, other times I have it mixed with a complex carbs drink with almonds butter or at the end of a meal, I don't believe it spikes so much this way, and possibly last in the blood longer
I agree, I always drank it alone right after my workout. I never added anything to it plus I never drank it after a meal.

Gianluca

I agree, I always drank it alone right after my workout. I never added anything to it plus I never drank it after a meal.

I think it makes sense to do so after a work out that is intense enough, and I'm pretty confident this way should not interference with insulin resistance at all

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me