43 yr old New to TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online

wkellyd

Hey Guys,
I am a 43 yr old obese guy who always lifted weights ever since my teenage years, but never achieved the "lean" look. I know abs are built in the kitchen but it seemed no matter how good of a diet I was on, I just couldn't lose the weight. I was having all the symptoms of low T- Fatigue, depression, losing strength, sex drive gone, and moody. I had blood work done in 2017 and my T was 358. The doctor I was seeing wanted me to try 25mg daily of Clomid. My T shot up to just above 1000, but I didn't feel any difference. As time went on, my T slowly came down again. I decided to see a new doctor in December 2018. My blood results were
Total T: 487
LH: 6.7
FSH:5.8
E2:38.7
T3:32
T4:8.4
TSH: 1.531

He decided to up the clomid to 50 mg a day and gave me 1/4 mg of Arimidex to take 1X a week and retested blood 6 weeks later. The results were
Total T: 1118
Free T: 19
LH: 7.8
FSH:8.7
E2: 62.1
T3:33
T4: 10.1
TSH: 1.827
SHBG: 54.7

I told him I didn't feel any better, despite the level of my T. He prescribed me .20mg of 200 mg T-cyp. to be taken subQ 3x a week (MWF) in the morning for a weekly total of 120mg. Also Arimidex was upped to 1/4mg 3x a week (MWF) in the evening. He also has me on 25 mg of clomid to prevent shrinkage of the Testicles. I am also taking Metformin 500mg 2x a day, cause my glucose level were in the prediabetic stage and Synthroid 175 for Hypothyroidism. I am on my second week of starting TRT. I haven't noticed any real changes. I'm lifting weights, doing cardio, and following a low carb diet. I know from reading posts on the forum that any changes will take a while. I am also thinking of talking to the doctor about getting off the clomid. I have been having a lot of light sensitivity to my eyes and read that was one of the side effects. I have had a vasectomy so I'm not worried about fertility. I just wanted the "boys" to stay full for looks only. I know most guys take HCG, but I also read some take clomid. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I'll assume those are lab corps ranges and Free T is high normal which is where it needs to be if not higher between 20-26 pg/mL.

That's a solid TRT protocol. Also note Metformin blocks benefits of aerobic exercise on insulin sensitivity and VO2 max. Study can be found here.

wkellyd

Most here use HCG to prevent testicle shrinkage. I inject 500 IU of HCG twice a week. Do you have any idea of what your estradiol levels are at. I find it strange that you didn't post any E2 levels even though you're on an AI.

I have a few threads on low carbs, you may be interested in for losing weight.

A low-carb diet for beginners

Performance athletes considering switching from low fat high carb to a low carb.
Thanks for the reply. I did post the E2 levels. My last blood test was 2/16/19. I just started the TRT and arimidex 3x a week. I will do another round of blood work at the end of this month.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply. I did post the E2 levels. My last blood test was 2/16/19. I just started the TRT and arimidex 3x a week. I will do another round of blood work at the end of this month.
Oops sorry I missed your estrogen levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me