4 Week Results are In...What to Make of It?

Buy Lab Tests Online

KenLowT

Well the results are in and I need your help. I've been on TRT for 6 weeks now. These tests were taken at the 4th week after following my endo's orders after injecting 175mg of testosterone cypionate per week (doctor wanted every other week). Since the 4th week I took the advice of Excel Male members and dropped down to the starting dose of 100mg per week, injecting 50mg twice a week. These numbers show where I was at before the change. I need feedback from this forum on what you notice and whatever advice you can give me would be great.

testosterone3.jpg
estrongen3.jpg
TSH2.jpg
t4part2.jpg
Random.jpg

What I noticed immediately was that my estrogen was off the charts, really high. My Total T was finally in the normal range for my age which is 42. My Free T was high as well, but the estrogen was crazy so I'm sure it hurt whatever symptom relief I was supposed to be feeling. Now to the symptoms I'm feeling now. The emotional rollercoaster has for the most part dissipated, the libido I can't make anything of. It's highest in the morning and in the middle of the night 2-3am in the morning which does me no good. When I need it most, it's not there, at bedtime with my wife. Strength and energy is not as good as it was at the 175mg, but still better than it was before TRT. What do these numbers say?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you take your labs on injection day before you injected? Is that the right sensitive estradiol test for men. I'm wondering if you are any thyroid meds, with that low TSH.

KenLowT

Did you take your labs on injection day before you injected? Is that the right sensitive estradiol test for men. I'm wondering if you are any thyroid meds, with that low TSH.

Vince, because of the July 4th holiday, I was forced to take the test on a Tuesday, I injected on Wednesdays. I'm not on thyroid medications, I see my endo on the 18th. My guess is she won't be put me on thyroid medication because I'm still "in range", but yes the number is low. And no, it's not the estrogen sensitive test.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would ask her to run a complete thyroid panel, TSH, ft4, ft3, reverse T3 and antibody. I'm just wondering why your free T4 is low.

Ken, you definitely have a thyroid that is not performing well. You have anti-bodies that are attacking the normal thyroid tissue. If you doctor had these test results and ignored them, I'd call that malpractice.

Ya if they've overlooked that it's pretty bad.

KenLowT

Yeah that's terrible, how can someone like that call herself a doctor. Damn terrible!

I have my next and probably last appointment with her tomorrow. After reading everybody's posts about my situation it's obvious that my doctor is not treating me as effectively as she could be. I gave her the benefit of the doubt since she obviously went to medical school and had rave reviews, but several things are starting to discourage me:

1. If she noticed that HCG did nothing to raise my total testosterone(in fact it dropped a couple of points), then why did she persist in trying to treat my Low T with HCG at even higher doses? I was doing 3000 units per week and it did nothing for me suggesting I'm probably primary hypogonadal.

2. Thyroid - she sees that my numbers are low normal, but that I'm showing symptoms of hypothyroidism. I began to see her because I was in a caloric deficit for months yet could not drop a pound or inch of body fat. She knows that my mom, aunt, and grandmother has hypothyroidism, but does not prescribe me medication. She is in fact waiting until my thyroid totally burns out. What in the world?

3. Testosterone replacement - when my insurance would no longer cover the HCG monotherapy she wanted me to refer me to a urologist who could better help me with my libido and fertility issues. Perhaps she's not comfortable or knowledgeable to work with me? She only prescribes me testosterone cypionate when I told her that going cold turkey off the HCG was giving me ED and depression. She then prescribed me 175mg every 14 days which I now have learned is a horrible protocol.

I'm definitely leaning towards going to Defy or another specialized company. This really has me down. What a waste of time.

KenLowT

Yeah that's terrible, how can someone like that call herself a doctor. Damn terrible!

It's terrible, depressing, and frustrating. I feel like I'm still dealing with the same problems that I've had for years because no doctor is able to do their job properly. I understand a GP not being knowledgeable about this stuff, but an endo. If I show all the symptoms of hypothyoridsim then why can she not look past my low normal numbers and treat my symptoms. So frustrating!!!

M

MarkM

Ken,

You already know that you need to get a more competent doctor to treat you. Defy would be a great choice. The sooner you change the sooner you will start feeling better.

KenLowT

Ken,

You already know that you need to get a more competent doctor to treat you. Defy would be a great choice. The sooner you change the sooner you will start feeling better.

Trust me, if money was not an issue I would have changed already. This is the last straw though. I will have to bite the bullet and somehow find a way to get this done. I can't go on with subpar treatment any longer.

M

MarkM

Trust me, if money was not an issue I would have changed already. This is the last straw though. I will have to bite the bullet and somehow find a way to get this done. I can't go on with subpar treatment any longer.

I understand. Only you can answer how much the poor treatment and feeling poorly is costing and effecting you. When the time is right you'll know. Best wishes...........

CoastWatcher

It never seems to end - the parade of incompetent doctors who put their patients through hormone hell. I am so sorry you have joined so many of us who spent time in the valley of medical incompetence.

As for the costs associated with treatment, none of us can speak to your financial situation. However, the costs associated with either doing nothing and staying with your current, incompetent physician are staggeringly high. I wish you the best.

Ronnny

My recent lab :

Component Results
TSH, High Sensitivity 0.948 uIU/ml0.270 - 4.200 uIU/ml

T4,Free1.18 ng/dl0.90 - 1.70 ng/dl

Can anyone tell me if my thyroid is ok or low. What supplement can I take to increase TSH? Is sea kelp a good supplement?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me