Pregnenolone or DHEA: Which One to Take?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Neither. Both are problematic in their use but DHEA can be particularly bothersome as it can aromatase easily. Also, use of either is usually predicated on nothing more than test results on a piece of paper vs real issues that guys may be facing. In the end though the dosing on either is usually where the problem lies, such as 50mg of DHEA is a crazy overdose for most every guy.

Vince

Super Moderator
I like to take both before I go to bed. 10mg of Pregnalone (Pure brand) and 25mg of DHEA (Jarrow brand).

joshmaximus

Neither. Both are problematic in their use but DHEA can be particularly bothersome as it can aromatase easily. Also, use of either is usually predicated on nothing more than test results on a piece of paper vs real issues that guys may be facing. In the end though the dosing on either is usually where the problem lies, such as 50mg of DHEA is a crazy overdose for most every guy.
It sounds like preg would be a better out of the 2. Since preg can increase dhea? I can do a high dose of dhea.....25mg makes me feel like crap.

Greyfox

Maybe, but wouldnt HCG raise pregnenolone production at the testicle and dhea as a result since pregnenolone is its precursor?

I got DHEA, among other things, added to my protocol recently once they saw how high my SHBG was 67.4 nmol/L (range 16.5 - 55.9) and my T:E ratio was 1:2. I'm hoping that will help because I have high total testosterone but the levels don't really help me feel better. I wish I had SHBG tested before I even started TRT!

Gman86

Check this out if you have time. It should help you decide. The guy has some absolutely fascinating things to say about a couple other topics in it as well. It’s mostly about pregnenolone, Dhea and progesterone though, and should help answer your question

Gman86

To answer ur original question, I would first try pregnenolone. Your DHEA level could go up just from the pregnenolone. I plan on adding pregnenolone, as my level always come back basically non existent. I’m also hoping it can boost my DHEA level a little. If not, I might end up supplementing with an extremely small dose of DHEA if needed, like 15mg or less.

Gman86

Nelson answered reg DHEA and since his levels are within range he doesn´t need to supplement DHEA. At least what I understood.

Oh awesome thanks. No word on the pregnenolone? Was just reading his posts from 2016 about him backing Crisler’s theory about the backfilling of hormones. He takes HCG, so I wonder if that’s enough for him or if he uses pregnenolone as well

M

MarkM

I tried using HCG to backfill my pathways but after numerous test I saw no improvement in my labs for Pregnenolone, Progesterone, or DHEA. Maybe HCG did not help me because I was on TRT for 12 years before even trying the HCG. I stopped taking the HCG and thought I would try supplementing with Pregnenolone and DHEA and bang, noticeably improvement right off the bat in my DHEA, Pregnenolone, and Progesterone.

I really wanted the HCG to work for me but it just did nothing for me. If i were to take one of the two, Pregenolone or DHEA, I would take Pregnenolone since it is upstream from DHEA in the hormonal cascade and Pregnenolone is considered the "grandmother" of all hormones. It is second to cholesterol in the hormonal cascade.

Personally I take both DHEA and Pregnenolone.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me