Arachidonic acid supplementation transiently augments the acute inflammatory response to resistance exercise in trained men

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
In conclusion, dietary supplementation with 1.5 g/day ARA for 4 wk resulted in greater acute inflammatory responses to an acute bout of resistance exercise in previously trained young healthy men. The effects of ARA on exercise-induced inflammation were transient, however, and had fully resolved within 48 h. There was also no evidence that the increased inflammatory response to exercise stress in men receiving dietary ARA supplementation impeded recovery of muscle force or increased symptoms of muscle soreness. These data show for the first time that dietary ARA intake can transiently modulate immune cell responses in human participants in vivo but that exposure to an acute inflammatory stimulus, such as exercise induced muscle damage, is required to reveal this effect.

Attachments

• markworth2018-ARA.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Discussion

However, it is now generally accepted that the acute inflammatory response also plays an important supportive role in muscle growth and regeneration.

In conclusion, dietary supplementation with 1.5 g/day ARA for 4 wk resulted in greater acute inflammatory responses to an acute bout of resistance exercise in previously trained young healthy men. The effects of ARA on exercise-induced inflammation were transient, however, and had fully resolved within 48 h. There was also no evidence that the increased inflammatory response to exercise stress in men receiving dietary ARA supplementation impeded recovery of muscle force or increased symptoms of muscle soreness. These data show for the first time that dietary ARA intake can transiently modulate immune cell responses in human participants in vivo but that exposure to an acute inflammatory stimulus, such as exercise induced muscle damage, is required to reveal this effect.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
I used Molecular Nutritions original X-FACTOR (arachidonic acid) supplement years ago.

4 capsules daily for 90 days.....great pumps, fuller muscles and a slight strength boost!

Very expensive though.

DragonBits

I used Molecular Nutritions original X-FACTOR (arachidonic acid) supplement years ago.

4 capsules daily for 90 days.....great pumps, fuller muscles and a slight strength boost!

Very expensive though.

Just so I am clear about this, the pump / fuller muscles is a temporary effect and you believe their was a permanent slight strength boost?

If that is all there is, it doesn't seem worthwhile.

w_llewellyn

I'm here if anyone wants to shoot over any questions. FYI this was one of three papers published recently on ARA in weightlifters... there were also two funded by us several years back as well. So there is a decent amount of data to look at now.

w_llewellyn

In the Tampa Study they measured body composition, and the gain was 3.6lbs. over 8 weeks, or a little shy of 1/2 lb. per week. ARA is necessary for the adaptive response to training, and levels fluctuate on the muscle cell membrane based on diet and activity. I have long held that it is one of the key nutrients that need to be examined for optimal growth... and also one of the reasons diets rich in red meat (high in ARA) can be highly productive in many trained individuals. We named it X-FACTOR because we felt it appropriate - a key but previously missing variable in hypertrophy.

madman

Super Moderator
Just so I am clear about this, the pump / fuller muscles is a temporary effect and you believe their was a permanent slight strength boost?

If that is all there is, it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Yes the increased pumps/muscle fullness is enhanced while using ARA but as far as the strength boost it is permanent as long as one is following a proper diet/and continues to train!

If anything ARA is a great plateau buster regarding strength gains.

madman

Super Moderator
In the Tampa Study they measured body composition, and the gain was 3.6lbs. over 8 weeks, or a little shy of 1/2 lb. per week. ARA is necessary for the adaptive response to training, and levels fluctuate on the muscle cell membrane based on diet and activity. I have long held that it is one of the key nutrients that need to be examined for optimal growth... and also one of the reasons diets rich in red meat (high in ARA) can be highly productive in many trained individuals. We named it X-FACTOR because we felt it appropriate - a key but previously missing variable in hypertrophy.

Definitely and I would think Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale ANABOLIC DIET which emphasizes a lot of red meat has benefits due to the ARA.

I have mainly used creatine/beta-alanine for years as my main training aids.....but when I tried the ARA (X-FACTOR) for the first time I felt jacked as I was already following a high complex carb/moderate protein/moderte fat diet and the ARA gave me great pumps/fuller muscles and increased strength on all my main lifts (squats/deadlift/bench).....it was agreat experience!

I have not used it again in years but would like to try again!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me