Raising IGF-1 raised my PSA

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkiDaddy

I have been taking L-Ornithine/L-Arginine at night to raise my IGF-1, well I succeeded but the problem is my PSA also raised a half point.
Before taking my IGF-1 was 131 now 220
Before taking my PSA was 2.1 now 2.7

Has anyone else noticed this, I keep daily log of what I take and lab results.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Did you have sex/Orgasm within 24hrs of your test? Fasted? Bicycle rider? ANy of those can skew a PSA and a .5 point I don't think is cause for concer in and of itself but being over 2.0 such as you are have you gotten the finger test? Family history?

SkiDaddy

Did you have sex/Orgasm within 24hrs of your test? Fasted? Bicycle rider? ANy of those can skew a PSA and a .5 point I don't think is cause for concer in and of itself but being over 2.0 such as you are have you gotten the finger test? Family history?

No Orgasm within 48 hrs. Not Fasting Do not bicycle, only Treadmill.
Finger test every 6 months.

Should I have been fasting?

I read this:
Dairy products seem to trigger higher levels of an insulin-like growth factor, which has been connected to high PSA levels and poor prostate health.

Blackhawk

I'm not a doc, so take this as one person's opinion/anecdote, but based on my own PSA increase to 7.2 my primary care doc's ongoing follow up testing and that it dropped to 3.0 in about 6 months, I wouldn't worry about a 0.5 increase now, but would get PSA checked again 90 days or so.

M

MarkM

My B-Complex does have 400mcg. Biotin in it which I take 4 times a week.
How long do you need to be off biotin before labs?
At least 48 hours but I wouldn't think that amount would make a big difference but I'd be safe and hold off anyway.

SkiDaddy

In the article linked above, it states:
Similarly, the laboratory findings for patients treated with testosterone replacement may show a false low or normal PSA levels in the presence of excess biotin supplementation.

Anyway I will wait 7-10 days after stopping and retest.

valexiz7

I have been taking L-Ornithine/L-Arginine at night to raise my IGF-1, well I succeeded but the problem is my PSA also raised a half point.
Before taking my IGF-1 was 131 now 220
Before taking my PSA was 2.1 now 2.7

Has anyone else noticed this, I keep daily log of what I take and lab results.
may i ask why not take something like dhea or ibatumoren to increase it?

DragonBits

I take DHEA daily 25mg.

I believe TRT in general can cause a small rise in PSA. Your rise in IGF-1 was dramatic, PSA rise was fairly small, I have seen such fluctuations over time in my PSA scores even then I was not taking any hormones.

Dhea, IGF-1, DHT all involved in the prostate. IMO it's difficult to determine what is affecting what and studies are conflicting.

EDIT: Even estrogen is involved in some way with BPH and the prostate.

Testosterone(DHT) and Prostate Enlargement

=================================================

Conclusions. These data suggest that DHEA administration to prostate cancer cells can affect PSA, AR and IGF-IR protein expression similar to that of T and DHT, but with a diminished and delayed response. The mechanisms underlying these DHEA-modulated effects, and their potential implications for persons with unrevealed prostate cancer remain to be elucidated

https://www.eusupplements.europeanurology.com/article/S1569-9056(03)90462-3/pdf

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale