High insulin-high glucose? Low SHGB

Buy Lab Tests Online

Donovan

Hello guys, I've been on TRT for about a year now. After a lot of trial and error I found a protoclo that works for me and it's
140 mg Test E split into 2 doses
1.25 mg arimidex per week
This puts me at around 1.000 ng/dl and keeps my e2 low.
Now my SHGB is 21 which falls into the normal range buts its low. I decided to test my insulin and glucose levels after I did some reasearch and found that low SHGB is often connected with insulin resistance. My results are:
Insulin: 19.9 mU/L (3-23)
Glucose:102 mg/dl (70-110)

Does this mean I am pre diabetic? Do you see any connection between my results and my low shgb? Do I have to do more tests? Help will be greatly appreciated guys, thank you in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Weasel

AM cort ill assume?

You really need a 4x saliva test to get a complete picture,(zrt labs) but from what you've got here i'd say that probably isn't your issue.

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you have your a1c checked, I do every 6 months. A1c provides an average of your blood sugar control over the past 2 to 3 months.

Donovan

No I didn't. These are the only tests I did apart from the usual (test,e2 e.t.c.). Do these results indicate pre-diabetes?

Donovan

My e2 was 25 the last time I checked. My E2 spikes because my SHGB is low. When I was on 180 mg of test without an AI my TT was 1400 and my e2 was 84 (20-71). So now I take half a pill the day I inject my dose and 0.25 in between dosages. Sometimes I feel my e2 goes lower than it should and I skip the 0.25. This is one of the many reasons that makes me want to correct my shgb.

I think the low SHBG and insulin resistance/pre-diabetic is internet hyperbole. Too many unknowingly and questionable authorities (like PeakTestosterone) go straight to this Diabetic nonsense at first mention of low SHBG. Then you have the main issue...SHBG is what it is...it's not "correctable", you can't raise it, and it typically lowers with Testosterone usage. I think your tests show your Insulin and Glucose as in range. Did you fast for 12hrs prior to this test?

You're spot on correct though that with low SHBG, estrogen is much tougher to control. It comes with high Free T, which is great, but Estrogen is there as well and tougher to manage. It may be why you're using so much Anastrozole. MOST of us with SHBG in the teens (or lower) use our Testosterone EOD, if not daily, which leads to lower aromatase activity = lower Estrogens.

Donovan

Yes I fasted for 12 hours. My TT was high but when I wasn't using anastrozole my FT was mid range. My doc said it was due to my high e2. On the other hand my DHT was 850 (350-970) which was suprizingly high. I was thinking that I should change my protocol completly and do subcutaneous injections daily, like 20mg per day. As far as I know it has helped some people.

There's nothing bad in DHT, I assume you're thinking it's bad. As long as your monitoring your PSA regularly and it's not creeping up or anything else, or your experiencing hair loss, its good to not interfere with DHT. Definitely a VERY bad idea to use anything like Finasteride (google Post Finasteride Syndrome).

Doing daily's can take some discipline, it's easy to become non-compliant because you can get injection weary and skip a shot or something, it takes a fair amount of discipline. I would suggest you go to EOD before you try daily, just to get a feel for it. I did EOD for little over a year @ 50mg and then recently converted to daily @ 24mg.

Donovan

There's nothing bad in DHT, I assume you're thinking it's bad. As long as your monitoring your PSA regularly and it's not creeping up or anything else, or your experiencing hair loss, its good to not interfere with DHT. Definitely a VERY bad idea to use anything like Finasteride (google Post Finasteride Syndrome).

Doing daily's can take some discipline, it's easy to become non-compliant because you can get injection weary and skip a shot or something, it takes a fair amount of discipline. I would suggest you go to EOD before you try daily, just to get a feel for it. I did EOD for little over a year @ 50mg and then recently converted to daily @ 24mg.
How do you feel with this protocol in terms of libido and mental focus?Is your E2 under control?

Helboi

I think the low SHBG and insulin resistance/pre-diabetic is internet hyperbole. Too many unknowingly and questionable authorities (like PeakTestosterone) go straight to this Diabetic nonsense at first mention of low SHBG. Then you have the main issue...SHBG is what it is...it's not "correctable", you can't raise it, and it typically lowers with Testosterone usage.

My case is obviously anecdotal, but I started with low SHBG pre-TRT (17), and it has slowly increased since then. I was pre-diabetic, but I have that under better control now, and my SHBG last test was 36.

My case is obviously anecdotal, but I started with low SHBG pre-TRT (17), and it has slowly increased since then. I was pre-diabetic, but I have that under better control now, and my SHBG last test was 36.

You would be the first and a clear anomaly...great to hear though!

CoastWatcher

How do you feel with this protocol in terms of libido and mental focus?Is your E2 under control?

I've injected 16mg a day for over 15 months, never missed a day. It's a part of my routine in the morning and, since it is now habitual, the temptation to skip, or forget, a shot, as Vince Carter mentioned, have long since vanished. It was, quite simply, the best decision I made. Strong libido and mental focus, very responsive erectile function. Not every man on TRT needs to inject on a daily basis, most, the vast majority, don't. But I brought down my E2 and have avoided anastrozole.

CSI007

From what my Doctor has told me, your Insulin level is rather high. Mine is lower then yours at around 11 last time it was checked. My FBG averages from 105 to 120 on any given test from the lab. I would suggest you get a home blood glucose tester (walmart cheap unit works fine) and start testing. Also get an A1C test done.

From the numbers you posted above, yes, by today's standards you are pre-diabetic. If you have no other issues going on you can perhaps reduce those numbers by switching to a lower carb diet and increase your fat and protein intake.

Seems that low T and blood glucose issues can go hand in hand.

Donovan

From what my Doctor has told me, your Insulin level is rather high. Mine is lower then yours at around 11 last time it was checked. My FBG averages from 105 to 120 on any given test from the lab. I would suggest you get a home blood glucose tester (walmart cheap unit works fine) and start testing. Also get an A1C test done.

From the numbers you posted above, yes, by today's standards you are pre-diabetic. If you have no other issues going on you can perhaps reduce those numbers by switching to a lower carb diet and increase your fat and protein intake.

Seems that low T and blood glucose issues can go hand in hand.

Actually I just came back from the doc who told me the same thing. He perscribed metformin and told me tihs might correct my SHGB too

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me