Vial cap?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jacklg250

Rookie question. Went to learn how to self inject at my Endo's office today. When the nurse opened the box containing my vial, she popped off a blue cap that covers the membrane and threw it away. She stated that it is not necessary to keep it on the vial for storage. Is this true? I figured it was some sort of safety cap for a new vial.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

In the hospital, if we were doing chemo drugs from vials, the vial top was considered sterile if you used it immediately after removing the cap. A second usage would then require cleaning with an alcohol wipe.
Note on worrying you are screwing up: Although it is good to be cautious, and clean the cap carefully, if you forget, there is very little risk to your health. I worked with many diabetics over my retirement career in public health, and I asked questions about this exact topic every admission to service. Many people reuse needles for testing, and also reuse diabetic syringes more than once. Same goes with air bubbles, it would take a huge amount to kill someone.Actually a small bubble at the end of an IM injection prevents fluid leaking up the needle track. Never had any issues with these things, that break every rule RN's learn in school. We won't discuss how many people who self-cath (for urine) rewashed the (one time usage) catheters in the dishwasher, some of you may be preparing to eat.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me