TRT and Collagen Synthesis?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jth0524

I've recently seen a few studies that say that testosterone therapy reduces collagen synthesis. Is this true or bs? This has probably already been discussed, but I'm fairly new to the forum.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I believe this is true but also dose dependent. I am going to look for the study now, but if I remember correctly, it was at levels of 200mg Test/week or more that collagen synthesis slows.

OK, now that I spent some time searching for the original study/article, I see that the above was 'bro science' repeated on various forums rather than info from a valid study.

CoastWatcher

I believe this is true but also dose dependent. I am going to look for the study now, but if I remember correctly, it was at levels of 200mg Test/week or more that collagen synthesis slows.

OK, now that I spent some time searching for the original study/article, I see that the above was 'bro science' repeated on various forums rather than info from a valid study.

I have heard this assertion, many times, but always as a simple assertion. I have never seen anything to support it. I am not saying it isn't true, I simply haven't read anything that answers it with authority.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
There is evidence that anabolic steroids, which are derived from testosterone and have markedly less androgenic activity, promote tissue growth and enhance tissue repair; however, the mechanisms involved in their anabolic activities remain unclear. In this report, we measured the effect of the anabolic steroid stanozolol on cell replication and collagen synthesis in cultures of adult human dermal fibroblasts. Stanozolol (0.625-5 microg per ml) had no effect on fibroblast replication and cell viability (p = 0.764) but enhanced collagen synthesis (p < 0.01) in a dose-dependent manner (r = 0.907). Stanozolol also increased (by 2-fold) the mRNA levels of alpha1 (I) and alpha1 (III) procollagen and, to a similar extent, upregulated transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) mRNA and peptide levels (p < 0.001). There was no stimulation of collagen synthesis by testosterone. The stimulatory effects of stanozolol on collagen synthesis were blocked by a TGF-beta1 anti-sense oligonucleotide, by antibodies to TGF-beta, and in dermal fibroblast cultures derived from TGF-beta1 knockout mice. We conclude that collagen synthesis is increased by the anabolic steroid stanozolol and that, for the most part, this effect is due to TGF-beta1. These findings point to a novel mechanism of action of anabolic steroids.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9856839

PAUL-E

Same here I couldn't find any study but I thought the "bro science" is above 250mg per week.

Sean Mosher

I have read in multiple places the Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca Durabolin), even in low doses, is good for collagen protein synthesis and tissue repair (as low as 100mg/week). Can anyone confirm??

Weasel

I have read in multiple places the Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca Durabolin), even in low doses, is good for collagen protein synthesis and tissue repair (as low as 100mg/week). Can anyone confirm??

If you want your **** to never get hard again...then by all means use deca.

PAUL-E

"We conclude that anabolic steroids stimulate type III collagen synthesis" this study was nandrolone in postmenopausal women
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2233278

If you want your **** to never get hard again...then by all means use deca.
Many on this forum use nandrolone in therapeutic doses in conjunction with testosterone without issue

This would be a good question for Dr. Saya to weigh in on next time he is on the forum.

I haven't seen any conclusive data suggesting physiologic testosterone doses have any negative impact on collagen synthesis. Further, I haven't observed anything clinically/anecdotally in our vast patient base to suggest same.

PAUL-E

I haven't seen any conclusive data suggesting physiologic testosterone doses have any negative impact on collagen synthesis. Further, I haven't observed anything clinically/anecdotally in our vast patient base to suggest same.
In other words as long as your on therapeutic doses in physiologic ranges you should be ok

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have not seen any data on the effect on collagen by normalizing testosterone level in men. Are you asking for the effect of TRT on collagen or the effect of bodybuilding doses of testosterone (over 240 mg per week) on collagen?

PAUL-E

Nelson have you seen any data or anecdotal evidence that bodybuilding doses would have a effect negative or positive?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me