Got my levels tested. Concerned and looking for advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

DrCaCrJu

Hello

I created an account after finding this forum and noticing that most people tend to be pretty helpful. I have always had suspicions that my testosterone levels were low. I had quite a few of the symptoms and now I finally have a clear idea of what I'm looking at.

Facts:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 215 lbs
Activity level: Lift 5 times per week, stair stepper 2 times per week
Diet: Eat clean 5-6 days a week, 1 "cheat day" where I actually eat out
Supplements: OptiMen multivitamin, glucosamine chondrotin, vitamin D, zinc, fish oil
Sleep: Average of 8+ hours per night

Test Results:
Date/Time: 2/3/2016 at 9:45 AM
Testosterone Total - 360 ng/dl
Testosterone Free (CAL) - 37.3 pg/ml
Testosterone Bio (CAL) - 88 ng/dl
Luteinizing Hormone - 4.4 mIU/ml
Estradiol (not sure if sensitive test) - 32.0 pg/ml
FSH - 4.4 mIU/ml
PSA - 0.68 ng/ml

After seeing these results, I am blown away. It now makes sense why my libido is down, I feel exhausted even though I sleep more than 8 hours a night, I need to eat extremely clean in order to lose any sort of weight, and compared to 5 years ago, it is night and day how much effort I need to put in to maintain my weight, strength and athleticism.

My question for you guys is this. How would you guys approach finding a doctor who wont laugh me out of the office for being a 25 year old who is still within the "normal" reference ranges for total testosterone, and what would you guys expect as far as treatments that would be available/optimal for me?

Thank you guys for your time.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Yes, the reference ranges are needed. That said, given your age, your levels are certainly concerning. The last thing you want to do - however - is run out and obtain a prescription of testosterone (topical or injectable) and go to town. You need to find a good doctor who will work to determine if you present with a case of primary or secondary hypogonadism; if your testicles are in good shape an effort to restart natural production might be in order. It's a complicated question, and most doctors will leave you at sea. Consider Defy Medical, I am not a patient but have respect for their model. Many of our members are patients. They know what they are doing and, as long as you are in the US, with the exception of Louisiana, you can receive your care there.

Last edited:

DrCaCrJu

Apologies, I didn't realize that reference ranges made a difference. I added the referenced ranges and copy pasted the numbers from my first post.

Test | Result | Reference
Testosterone Total | 360 ng/dl | 212-835
Testosterone Free (CAL) | 37.3 pg/ml | 47.0-244.0
Testosterone Bio (CAL) | 88 ng/dl | 131-682
Luteinizing Hormone | 4.4 mIU/ml | No Reference Provided
Estradiol | 32.0 pg/ml | 0-39.8
FSH | 4.4 mIU/ml | 4.4-18.1
PSA | 0.68 ng/ml | <4.00
SHBG | 82.7 nmol/l | 17.3-65.8

What I desire is to find a doctor who is willing to work with me to make sure that my levels are optimal. I am not confident that a standard endocrinologist would actually sit and work with me. My total test levels are "normal" so they might just tell me I'm fine. All of the more prominent endocrinologists in my area charge $500 for an initial consultation and I am hesitant to pay that to someone who wont take me seriously. I appreciate the advice you guys have given me thus far.

Edit: I should probably add that I'm located in Los Angeles, CA

Last edited:

ERO

I would give Defy Medical a call and at least get a consult with them. They can get you on the right track and won't try to sign you up for a monthly fee plan or up-sell you things you don't need.

DrCaCrJu

Thank you for the Defy Medical suggestion. I filled out the form on the Contact Us page and I expect to speak with them in the next 24 hours. I am open to additional advice/recommendations.

Tom Larabee

You will get great advice from Defy, and I am sure they will help figure out why your T, is at the amount of an 80 year old man, when you should be at your peak numbers now at 25. As pointed out, don't jump to T supplementation, until you know why, as it is a life long deal, once you determine it is a requirement. Best of luck and let us know what you find out.

You will get great advice from Defy, and I am sure they will help figure out why your T, is at the amount of an 80 year old man, when you should be at your peak numbers now at 25. As pointed out, don't jump to T supplementation, until you know why, as it is a life long deal, once you determine it is a requirement. Best of luck and let us know what you find out.
Greetings Tom.
You and I live close to each other. You use Defy? Do they take health insurance? What can you tell me about them. Thanks.

Vitamin_C

SHBG is high, I noticed you workout 7 days per week, could you be over-training? Would like to see some thyroid/cortisol numbers as well. TT is definitely not optimal. Need further labs/assessments.

Vince

Super Moderator
You're too young to have low testosterone. Defy Medical does not take insurance, they can help you find out why you have low T. I would definitely would have a consultation with one of their doctors and correct problem. You're too young to start injecting testosterone for the rest of your life, unless your issues can't be fixed.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me