Might need to lower my dosage

Buy Lab Tests Online

46and2

I was on 160mg of testosterone cypionate a week, with 500IU hCG 2x a week and 0.25mg anastrozole 2x a week. Total T was 750ng/dL, free T was 25.1 ng/dL, E2 (sensitive) was 25. Doc and I agreed to up it to 180mg a week. Small increase, right? Now my total T is 1113 ng/dL (348-1197 range), free T is 41.0 (8.7-25.1), and E2 is 32.4. Hematocrit, hemoglobin, etc. are fine. My blood pressure, which used to be under 120/80, was 145/95 tonight. Heart rate was fast too (105). Granted I have been sick with allergies and taking medicine, but this seems too high for comfort. I have an appointment with Dr. Saya soon, just wanted to see what your thoughts were for potential causes of my high blood pressure. I'm thinking the high free T might be the culprit and we may have to go lower.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

If you are taking any decongestants/anti-histamines they can raise BP and pulse quite a bit in some people. My 2-cents - I would wait until you are back to good health before adjusting any dosing.

46and2

If you are taking any decongestants/anti-histamines they can raise BP and pulse quite a bit in some people. My 2-cents - I would wait until you are back to good health before adjusting any dosing.

For sure, no lowering until I am well and have consulted with the doctor. It's been a few days since I have taken any antihistamines though, so I'm not sure they are in play here.

ERO

If you are taking any decongestants with old-school Pseudoephedrine, that can really raise both pulse and BP. If not though, yeah just what to see what the Doc says.

Vince

Super Moderator
I probably would drop down to 80mg of t, twice a week. I don't think the increase in testosterone is raising your blood pressure. Like others have said, probably from other meds.

46and2

I probably would drop down to 80mg of t, twice a week. I don't think the increase in testosterone is raising your blood pressure. Like others have said, probably from other meds.

I have been doing 2x a week. I was on 80mg 2x, then when we upped it I went to 80mg/100mg since my syringes have 0.2 tick marks and picking out 0.5 each time was a bit much. I've been having some issues with big snoring at night, and I've read that obstructive sleep apnea can raise BP. Going to an allergist to try and get rid of this congestion and if that fails, a sleep study.

Vince

Super Moderator
I have been doing 2x a week. I was on 80mg 2x, then when we upped it I went to 80mg/100mg since my syringes have 0.2 tick marks and picking out 0.5 each time was a bit much. I've been having some issues with big snoring at night, and I've read that obstructive sleep apnea can raise BP. Going to an allergist to try and get rid of this congestion and if that fails, a sleep study.
Good call, sleep apnea. I'm sure you know all the problems that it causes.

I have been doing 2x a week. I was on 80mg 2x, then when we upped it I went to 80mg/100mg since my syringes have 0.2 tick marks and picking out 0.5 each time was a bit much.

We'll have a good discussion during consultation.

First off, we need to get you smaller 1cc syringes (vs the 3cc syringes), which will allow you to be more precise with the dosing and not have to split to two uneven doses during the week...which I generally don't prefer. Other details we'll discuss when we review fully, including the timing of the lab draw. We're these labs drawn following the 80mg or the 100mg injection?

46and2

We'll have a good discussion during consultation.

First off, we need to get you smaller 1cc syringes (vs the 3cc syringes), which will allow you to be more precise with the dosing and not have to split to two uneven doses during the week...which I generally don't prefer. Other details we'll discuss when we review fully, including the timing of the lab draw. We're these labs drawn following the 80mg or the 100mg injection?

Thank you Dr. Saya for your reply! Lab was following the 80mg injection, about 10 hours before I was due for the other injection. I have some 1cc on order that should be here any time, so I can go to a more even dosage.

Last edited:

1Draw

46and2:
If your cypionate is compounded with grapeseed oil, then you may need to look at that as the cause. I also experienced high blood pressure, severe allergy symptons, (sinus infections, body aches, colds, flu like symptons, etc.) with my first T replacement protocol of pellets back in Nov 2014. My last injection of pellets was March 2015 and I am moved to Defy in July 2015. Here are couple and only clinical studies I could find that showed any side effects of grapeseed oil or grapeseed extract:

University of Md Medical Center -

PRECAUTIONS: Common side effects include nausea, itching, dizziness, stomach upset, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, cough and rash.

The best study I found linking grapeseed to high blood pressure was National Institutes of Health National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)

SIDE EFFECTS and CAUTIONS:
Side effects that have been reported include a dry, itchy scalp: dizziness: headache: high blood pressure: hives; indigestion; and nausea.

I had all of those symptons so with the help of Defy, I am now on TCypionate with sesame oil instead of the grapeseed, my blood pressure is slowly returning to normal levels and my allergy symptons are now much, much better.

Thought I would throw in my experience and hopefully will help.

Vince

Super Moderator
[h=2]Grape Seed Extract[/b]Grapes -- along with their leaves and sap -- have been traditional treatments in Europe for thousands of years. Grape seed extract is derived from the ground-up seeds of red wine grapes. Although fairly new to the U.S., grape seed extract is now used to treat a number of diseases.
[h=3]Why do people take grape seed extract?[/b]There's strong evidence that grape seed extract is beneficial for a number of cardiovascular conditions. Grape seed extract may help with a type of poor circulation (chronic venous insufficiency) and high cholesterol. Grape seed extract also reduces swelling caused by injury and helps with eye disease related to diabetes.
Many people are interested in grape seed extract because it contains antioxidants. These are substances that protect cells from damage and may help prevent many diseases. However, it's still too early to say whether the antioxidant properties of grape seed extract really benefit people. Researchers are studying grape seed extract to see if it might lower the risks of some cancers. For now, the evidence is not clear.
Grape seed extract has been studied for use in many other conditions -- ranging from PMS to skin damage to wound healing -- but the results have been inconclusive.
[h=3]How much grape seed extract should you take?[/b]There is no firmly established dose of grape seed extract. Doses of between 100-300 milligrams/day have been used in studies and are prescribed in some European countries. No one knows what the highest safe dose is.
[h=3]Can you get grape seed extract naturally from foods?[/b]Grape seed extract comes from grapes. There are no other food sources.
[h=3]What are the risks of taking grape seed extract?[/b]Side effects. Grape seed extract is generally considered safe. Side effects may include headache, itchy scalp, dizziness, and nausea.
Risks. People allergic to grapes should not use grape seed extract. If you have a bleeding disorder or high blood pressure, talk to your doctor before you start using grape seed extract.
Interactions. If you take any medicines regularly, talk to your doctor before you start using grape seed extract. It could interact with drugs like blood thinners, NSAID painkillers (like aspirin, Advil, and Aleve), certain heart medicines, cancer treatments, and others.
Given the lack of evidence about its safety, grape seed extract is not recommended for children or for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/grape-seed-extract

Helboi

Vince- I wonder if those benefits apply to oral administration only, or if injecting it into the muscle (or SubQ) as we do with TRT has the same benefits?

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince- I wonder if those benefits apply to oral administration only, or if injecting it into the muscle (or SubQ) as we do with TRT has the same benefits?

The small amount we inject, probably wouldn't be of much benefit. Personally I don't like cottonseed oil. I do like sesame oil.

46and2

I have a sinus infection. My BP has gone down somewhat, and I have medication for the infection. In December my BP was 122/78, so in hindsight my TRT dosage may very well not be the culprit.

CoastWatcher

I have a sinus infection. My BP has gone down somewhat, and I have medication for the infection. In December my BP was 122/78, so in hindsight my TRT dosage may very well not be the culprit.

It is so easy, when adjusting to TRT, to believe that everything that we subjectively report must be the result of our protocol. I've been there. Good luck!

1Draw

46and2:
You can check your current TCypionate bottle and see if it is compounded with grapeseed oil. If it is, then you may consider trying sesame oil on your next refill. I just went to sesame oil after some terrible allergies to grapeseed. Had 2 major sinus infections in 3 months that I hadn't had in probably 5-8 years. Also had constant colds, body aches, etc...Feeling much much better on the sesame oil now that the grapeseed is slowly getting out of my system. Good Luck!

Helboi

46and2:
You can check your current TCypionate bottle and see if it is compounded with grapeseed oil. If it is, then you may consider trying sesame oil on your next refill. I just went to sesame oil after some terrible allergies to grapeseed. Had 2 major sinus infections in 3 months that I hadn't had in probably 5-8 years. Also had constant colds, body aches, etc...Feeling much much better on the sesame oil now that the grapeseed is slowly getting out of my system. Good Luck!

You know, I wonder if I might have a slight allergy to it as well. Because I definitely have gotten more colds/congestions this year than I ever do in the wintertime. Didn't realize it could be the cause of that.

You know, I wonder if I might have a slight allergy to it as well. Because I definitely have gotten more colds/congestions this year than I ever do in the wintertime. Didn't realize it could be the cause of that.

I've had some patients that appeared to have sensitivity/reaction to the GS oil, alleviated by switching to sesame oil...BUT also some that had same while using sesame oil and was alleviated by switching to GS oil. The concentration and efficacy is the same, so they are basically interchangeable in a TRT regimen for practical purposes. Further, any oil oxidation differences between GS and sesame are moot in this scenario as they typically only apply when the oils are exposed to high temperatures, direct sunlight, sitting on a shelf for a year...etc - none of which should apply to your T cyp oil (GS or sesame).

If a possible sensitivity to the oil base is suspected, a change of oils can be done in the regimen as an empiric trial.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me