Age 24 White Male-Low Testosterone level at 104-Normal levle 250-827 ng/dl-I am worried. Any advice?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lukas

Hello everyone.
I am new to this website and to forums for the most part so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place. So let me just start off by introducing myself. My name is Lukas. I am a 24 year old Caucasian male. I am 5'9 and weigh 145 pounds. I am a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. I have been clean completely for about 4 months. I began seeing a doctor about the same time I stopped doing drugs and drinking 4 months ago. I got a full physical done. My lab results came back with very low testosterone. 104 to be exact. Normal levels seem to be 250-827 ng/dl according to the lab results I'm looking at. So now I'm pretty worried. I have another appointment with my doctor on the 12th for more blood work and to see about treatment for low testosterone. I'm worried about getting treatment this young though. Should I be? Also, I began taking DHEA as were my doctor's orders. Has anyone here ever had results this low? Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Lukas, Welcome to Excelmale. You wrote that you are a recovering drug addict - were opiates your drug of choice? They can, and will, hammer your testosterone. Your levels are very low for a man your age, but they only tell part of the story. Do you have additional labwork? CBC, free testosterone, SHBG, psa, CMP (complete metabolic panel), liver function, and thyroid function, estradiol/sensitive are the basics to start with. Do you have confidence in your doctor? Many physicians who treat hypogonadal men are out of touch with contemporary TRT protocol. Your case is tricky, and challenging, but you should not give up hope. Not by any means.

Lukas

Hey CoastWatcher! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, my drug of choice was opiates. I never used a needle but went through a period of powder heroin snorted. And mainly abused pain pills ranging from 10 mg norcos to 60 mg oxycodone. I can post a couple pictures of my results if it will let me.

CoastWatcher

Hey CoastWatcher! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, my drug of choice was opiates. I never used a needle but went through a period of powder heroin snorted. And mainly abused pain pills ranging from 10 mg norcos to 60 mg oxycodone. I can post a couple pictures of my results if it will let me.

Younwill be able to shortly, once you hit a very low threshold number of posts. We're most of the tests I referenced performed?

Lukas

Oh ok. Well I'll just type it up then...
Test Name:
Comprehensive Metabolic
Panel
Glucose 74
Urea Nitrogen(BUN) 14
Creatine 1.05
eGFR NON-AFR. AMERICAN 100
eGFR AFRICAN AMERICAN 115
BUN/CREATINE Ratio Not Applicable
SODIUM 143
POTTASSIUM 4.7
CHLORIDE 102
CARBON DIOXIDE 31H
CALCIUM 9.7
PROTEIN, TOTAL 6.5
ALBUMIN 4.5
GLOBULIN 2.0
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATION 2.3
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 1.5H
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 55
AST 27
ALT 16
TSH W/REFLEX to FT4 3.51
CBC(H/H,RBC, INDICES,
WBC, PLT)
WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.2
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.23
HEMOGLOBIN 14.9
HEMATOCRIT 44.9
MCV 85.9
MCH 28.5
MCHC 33.2
RDW 12.8
TEST NOT PERFORMED:
PLATELET COUNT

SEE ENDNOTE 1

TESROSTERONE, TOTAL 104L

Well that's it. Everything in bold is either high or low and has the letter next to it.

Lukas,

There are a couple of key lab results missing that are very important. These would help paint a more clear picture of what might be going on with you. They are:

Free Testosterone
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
Estradiol (male sensitive)
DHEA Sulfate

A full thyroid panel would be nice also.

Have you considered a consult with Defy Medical? They could look at your current lab work and physical, and order any remaining lab work you would need. These guys know what they're doing, and are experts in the field. Nothing against your doctor, just throwing a solid option out there.

Lukas

Thank you Jackie Treehorn!
I have never heard of Defy Medical but will look into it.
The doctor that ran the tests is actually just a pain management doctor who also treats opioid dependence.
So he probably isn't the best doctor for this but I am thankful to him for bringing this to light at least.
I will make sure to keep in mind all of the lab results you mentioned. You are awesome!

The doctor that ran the tests is actually just a pain management doctor who also treats opioid dependence. So he probably isn't the best doctor for this but I am thankful to him for bringing this to light at least.

Like you said Lukas, your doctor is probably a great guy in the field of chemical dependency and pain management, but he isn't an expert in TRT and hormone replacement. Just ask any of the guys here how crucial it is to find a doctor that knows exactly what he's doing in this field.

Defy is headquartered in Tampa, FL...but you don't have to physically go there to be a patient. They can consult and prescribe by telemedicine, and everything you need will be mailed to you. It will be the smartest move you ever made with regard to TRT/hormone replacement therapy.

Vince

Super Moderator
Lukas, working with a good doctor is very important, I have a close friend who is also a recovery heroin addict, he used needles for over 10 years. Recovering heroin addicts are in recovery for the rest of their life. Because of your young age, with a clean lifestyle and diet. Your testosterone levels should return to normal. Would probably take at least a year or more. If your levels don't return to normal you can try a restart.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me