Melatonin As Potent as Letrozole in Inhibiting Aromatization of Testosterone to Estrogen

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
..."What really makes the results outstanding, though, is that melatonin was as potent as letrozole, the most potent antiaromatase inhibitor the publicly available pharmaceutical arsenal knows in suppressing cell proliferation, estradiol (E2) production and gene expression of CYP19A1, pS2andKi-67. No wonder that the Thai authors of the paper at hand are convinced that "melatonin clearly offers potential advantages for breast cancer treatment". And this assumption is supported by both the often-reported association between increased breast cancer risk and shift work and the inverse correlation between the risk of breast cancer and urinary melatonin levels Eva S. Schernhammer and Susan E. Hankinson report in a 2005 paper - a correlation, which remained significant even when the women who had a history of night-shift were excluded!

Melatonin As Potent as Letrozole in Inhibiting Aromatization of Testosterone to Estrogen - This Raises the Question: Is a Lack of / Bad Sleep to Blame for Breast Cancer?!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
When evaluating a study, it's as important to know what a study does NOT say, as what it does.

This study says melatonin reduces breast cancer risk. We already knew that.

...not that we can use melatonin instead of an aromatase inhibitor for TRT.

fabrexe

wait, what?

When evaluating a study, it's as important to know what a study does NOT say, as what it does.

This study says melatonin reduces breast cancer risk. We already knew that.

...not that we can use melatonin instead of an aromatase inhibitor for TRT.

Not to be contentious, but this part of the summary findings does seem to say that:
"What really makes the results outstanding... is that melatonin was as potent as letrozole, the most potent antiaromatase inhibitor the publicly available pharmaceutical arsenal knows in suppressing ... estradiol (E2) production"

What am I missing?

Not to be contentious, but this part of the summary findings does seem to say that:
"What really makes the results outstanding... is that melatonin was as potent as letrozole, the most potent antiaromatase inhibitor the publicly available pharmaceutical arsenal knows in suppressing ... estradiol (E2) production"

What am I missing?
Contend away. We like that here!

I think the author of that article (by what he includes in the article.....haven't seen the actual study) is extrapolating an unsupported conclusion. The title of the article is his creation--not the name of the study.

He is a good writer, though, and a good guy who has done a lot of good through his work. This one is just a bit of a stretch...and where BroScience comes from.

Now you know. When you see this posted around, spread the word.

The basis of the study is breast cancer cell production. That is all. There are no T/E ratios provided that I have seen.

Last edited:

Ardoc

And a related question..... If a persons E2 tends to crash when on any amount of Arimidex, as is this case for me, does taking melatonin create a risk of low E2? I take Melatonin on an as needed basis for sleep....so if I was taking that before bloodwork could it show an atypical low E2 value that is only true when taking the Melatonin?

gallan

Banned
Off on a bit of a tangent but melatonin helps with my sleep but leaves me feeling worse the next day. I always regret taking it.

ERO

Off on a bit of a tangent but melatonin helps with my sleep but leaves me feeling worse the next day. I always regret taking it.

I have found that to be the case unless one uses smaller than typical doses. For me, a 1mg pill works wonders, but a 5mg pill leaves me feeling like crap the next day and I do not sleep as well as with the smaller dose, either.

I have found that to be the case unless one uses smaller than typical doses. For me, a 1mg pill works wonders, but a 5mg pill leaves me feeling like crap the next day and I do not sleep as well as with the smaller dose, either.
That has nothing to do with any potential estrogen lowering property of melatonin.

Has anyone seen a study that actually measured melatonin lowering estrogen?

Until I see a study that melatonin actually lowers estrogen, I will remain hopeful, but unconvinced.

What we DO know is it is the most powerful antioxidant the body makes, and that would inhibit cancer growth. This may explain the study.

We also see inflammatory processes increasing aromatase activity.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me