Bloodwork

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lancealot

Hi all,

Had some more labs done that NP recommended. After reading the stickys I see she missed some test that I should have had. Anyway just a quick refresh: 42yo, 250lbs. Labcorp- Total T:268, Free T:6.8(6.8-21.5) Estradiol:21.1(7.6-42.6) LH:4.8(1.7-8.6) Prolactin:21.1(4.0-15.2). I had a complete physical first of july that included: basic metabolic panel, edif, platelet, vit D, lipid panel, hepatic function and urinalysis. All was within range and was given clean bill of health. I am missing thyroid and psa among others. However Dr did prostate check (hate that) and was ok and I don't have any history of prostate cancer. I noticed prolactin level was high on this test. The NP cleared me for TRT if I want to start. Should I have any more labs done? She prescribes Tcyp+hcg+ai if needed. She also offers pellets implant. She likes to see T levels in the 750-850 range.

Energy down and seem to need more sleep (naps), don't build muscle like I used to and gain weight quicker. I am going to lose some fat. Diet hasn't been the cleanest, I will clean that up. Strength is pretty steady and slowly going up. I benched 415 a year ago but had to scale back workouts to work a second part time job. That is over now so im training regular again.

Thanks for any input :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Lancealot

Welcome to our group. Glad you reached out.

Yes, it looks like you have low T. Your LH tells me that if you used anabolics in the past, at least LH has recovered but not with testosterone.

I would get TSH, free T3 and free T4 as a basic panel to make sure thyroid is OK. It seems your doctor knows what she is doing so far.

If energy is down, make sure you are sleeping well and enough. Rule out sleep apnea as bigger guys tend to be more prone to this issue.

Lancealot

Lancealot

Welcome to our group. Glad you reached out.

Yes, it looks like you have low T. Your LH tells me that if you used anabolics in the past, at least LH has recovered but not with testosterone.

I would get TSH, free T3 and free T4 as a basic panel to make sure thyroid is OK. It seems your doctor knows what she is doing so far.

If energy is down, make sure you are sleeping well and enough. Rule out sleep apnea as bigger guys tend to be more prone to this issue.

Thanks Nelson,
I will try and get thyroid panel done soon. Are there symptoms for thyroid failure? I don't get cold easy, sweat very easily actually. I might try discounted labs for that panel, looks reasonable price. I have never used anabolics in the past just basic creatine, vit, protein and fish oil. I have been trying to get at least 8 solid hrs of sleep, this def helps.

CoastWatcher

A psa is critical. You need to obtain a baseline at the start of therapy so that changes, measured against that baseline (not only the total score, but the rate at which the score is rising), can be tracked.

Last edited:

Lancealot

Just an update with more labs. These are pre TRT. Ordered these from discount labs to get a baseline. By the way I had a question about the lab order and actually called discount labs and left a message. Nelson called me within the hour and answered my questions. That is great service! Thanks Nelson!
Results: PSA 0.6 (0.0-4.0), TSH 1.92 (0.450-4.500), T4 Free 1.17 (0.82-1.77), T3 Free 3.1 (2.0-4.4), Estradiol sens. 20.1 (8.0-35.0) I had estradiol tested a couple weeks ago and it was 21.1 (7.6-42.6) using roche ECLIA method. Interesting not much change from 2 different estradiol test?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me