Switching from Testosterone Cypionate to Testosterone Propionate

Buy Lab Tests Online
Due to hair thinning, a couple of weeks ago when I abruptly stopped injecting Test Cypionate, during weeks 3 and 4 of post abruptly stopping T injections I was genuinely feeling better than while on T @.5ml/week or 100mg per week (Mon, Wed and Fri injections). The mental fog was disappearing although I had no sex drive and was somewhat tired in a different way. My Total T and free T levels were 195/8.1 (week 3) and 210/10 (week 4) on the labcorp scale.

Sensitive E during week 4 was at 16. I did not get measure my E on week 4 unfortunately.

Anyways, during week 6 I decided to go back on T (hair is actually getting better now). Been on it again for about 1.5 months and am again at square 1. I cannot, for the love of God, manage my E. I believe that is my culprit.

So, I asked my Dr to switch me to Test Prop. He did! Put me on a 3ml/week dose of Test Prop. Is this too much?

What would be a good starting point for Test Prop?

Thanks guys.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Due to hair thinning, a couple of weeks ago when I abruptly stopped injecting Test Cypionate, during weeks 3 and 4 of post abruptly stopping T injections I was genuinely feeling better than while on T @.5ml/week or 100mg per week (Mon, Wed and Fri injections). The mental fog was disappearing although I had no sex drive and was somewhat tired in a different way. My Total T and free T levels were 195/8.1 (week 3) and 210/10 (week 4) on the labcorp scale.

Sensitive E during week 4 was at 16. I did not get measure my E on week 4 unfortunately.

Anyways, during week 6 I decided to go back on T (hair is actually getting better now). Been on it again for about 1.5 months and am again at square 1. I cannot, for the love of God, manage my E. I believe that is my culprit.

So, I asked my Dr to switch me to Test Prop. He did! Put me on a 3ml/week dose of Test Prop. Is this too much?

What would be a good starting point for Test Prop?

Thanks guys.

You indicated estradiol was your culprit - did you measure your estradiol at the time you switched to propionate?

Last edited:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
If you're losing hair you need to have DHT tested.

Changing the type of Testosterone you are injecting is not going to lower DHT if you Total and Free serum levels remain the same.

Get DHT tested if you haven't.

There are topical hair treatments that can stop this from happening. Defy Medical sells it so you may want to contact them and learn more.

Hair is no longer a concern. It is actually getting better :)

Am using the empower minoxidil solution.

The reason for changing to test p is to try it out and see if makes me feel better. Perhaps estrogen management will be easier?

bruin

change of med group due to insurance program meeting with new Dr, not totally up to speed on HRT, allstarted with me explaining that I have a prior rx, which is compounded T cyp/T prop dtha I injct twice week. Iwill not even bring up the HCG issue a that is another forum.
Turns out dr has issued2 scrips, one for each ester.
crazy conversation with the pharmacy tech that Prop only come in powder form.....any comment, Ive never herd of this, thoughtit was quite odd.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
You mentioned the doctor prescribed 3ml/week, but how many actual mg's does your prescription show (mg/ml)?

Just know the half life is really, really short with prop (approx. 24 to 36 hours if I remember correctly). IMO, you would almost need to take a small, daily dose to keep your serum levels stable, relatively compared to taking cypionate 2x per week. Also, prop is notable for being a bit uncomfortable at the injection site.

For HRT purposes, I think it might work good as combination ester with Cypionate or Enanthate, something like Sustanon, which can offer the best of both scenarios.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me