Getting all the test cyp out of syringe

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jk78

I started self injections of 50mg test (200mg/ml, so .25ml) 2x a week last week. I am having a slight issue completely emptying the syringe. I load with a 22ga needle (pharmacy didn't have the 18ga in stock) and change the needle to a 29ga 1/2" needle after loaded. I'm doing sub-q injections, and have injected in my abdomen, upper back love handle, and thigh. Each time, I press the plunger fully, but there is a still a little bit left in the "nose" of the syringe when I pull it out. Doctors office suggested keeping an air bubble near the plunger, but I've heard you do not want to inject any air, and I couldn't get an air bubble today anyway. Tried pulling plunger out to .3ml with needle pointed up then turning over and no bubbles. Tapped syringe, nothing. That was quite perplexing. What am I doing wrong here? Too quick, too slow? I don't want to continue wasting it. Thanks guys.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MG123

My recommendation would be to get a "low dead space" syringe such as an insulin syringe, especially if you are doing subq. Injecting an air bubble subq will not harm you though. No need to change the needle out either as you won't have much of an issue drawing the testosterone through the 29G. It will just take a little longer. Try turning the syringe on its side and pulling the plunger out and then turning it back needle downward. This should force the air in the syringe to wind up near the tip of the plunger.

Jk78

Thanks guys. Coastwatcher, I did read through that thread. Very informative. I'm probably not losing as much as I think, but any seems like too much. I will try to capture a slight bubble by the plunger and see if that helps.

Jk78

Much more success today. Drew the .25ml with my 22ga, removed needle, drew plunger back to pull a tad bit of air, put 22ga needle on, got the air bubble to travel to plunger (took a minute or two but nothing drastic) and injected subq in upper front leg. Best injection yet. Felt nothing and couldn't even see where I injected after I rubbed the area for a minute. May have had 1 tiny drop of waste.

Helboi

After reading through this and the linked thread, I decided to go check myself how much is being wasted. I pulled 6 syringes out of the sharps container and inverted them, pulling back the plunger. After about a minute I pushed the plunger back a ways to see how much had collected and was surprised to find that each one consistently had about .05 ml left behind. I'm losing this much twice a week as I inject every 3.5 days. I draw and inject with the same needle, so I don't lose this much twice in the same injection thankfully! My refill is on time though, so the 10ml bottle must have been filled quite a bit over that. Surprising how much is lost still.

chrismez

Just go online and order a box of 27G 1/2 .5ml insulin syringes and you will be fine. It draws very quickly and is perfect for sub q. No waste $15 a box of 100

Helboi

Vince: I have thought about it after seeing the way Nelson and others do it, but I'm hesitant to change what's working for me. My mood is so sensitive that I'd hate to make a change that would negatively impact that (I know, it's irrational as far as I can tell, but I'm used to IM and don't mind doing it that way, so...)

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince: I have thought about it after seeing the way Nelson and others do it, but I'm hesitant to change what's working for me. My mood is so sensitive that I'd hate to make a change that would negatively impact that (I know, it's irrational as far as I can tell, but I'm used to IM and don't mind doing it that way, so...)

I would have to agree with you "if it ain't broken don't fix it" if it's working for you I would continue using that method. It's all about feeling good and being healthy.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
After reading through this and the linked thread, I decided to go check myself how much is being wasted. I pulled 6 syringes out of the sharps container and inverted them, pulling back the plunger. After about a minute I pushed the plunger back a ways to see how much had collected and was surprised to find that each one consistently had about .05 ml left behind. I'm losing this much twice a week as I inject every 3.5 days. I draw and inject with the same needle, so I don't lose this much twice in the same injection thankfully! My refill is on time though, so the 10ml bottle must have been filled quite a bit over that. Surprising how much is lost still.

This is what I do and it works.

After each IM injection I pull back on the plunger to get the rest of the Test back into the syringe that's in the base of the needle and needle barrel.

I then unscrew the needle from the syringe and gently push the remaining Testosterone back up to the opening of the syringe.

I then use a insulin pin to draw up the balance and simply inject the rest SQ...easy peasy and you don't waste one drop of that powerful man juice!!!

This is what I do and it works.

After each IM injection I pull back on the plunger to get the rest of the Test back into the syringe that's in the base of the needle and needle barrel.

I then unscrew the needle from the syringe and gently push the remaining Testosterone back up to the opening of the syringe.

I then use a insulin pin to draw up the balance and simply inject the rest SQ...easy peasy and you don't waste one drop of that powerful man juice!!!

Good one Gene!

Helboi

Gene: good technique there. But wouldn't that mean you're actually using a higher dose? Because the bit in the needle well is already accounted for in your dosage measurement.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Gene: good technique there. But wouldn't that mean you're actually using a higher dose? Because the bit in the needle well is already accounted for in your dosage measurement.

Yeah...so what?

You want to just throw in a sharps container so it can be destroyed?

That little bit is just icing on the cake...enjoy it:)

Vince

Super Moderator
I would think it would be fine in the thigh as long as you aspirate. I believe it's much safer injecting in the shoulder. Personally I really enjoy injecting in my shoulders

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me