0.05 - 0.30 k/uL

ABS BASO

0.00 - 0.20 k/uL

Neu %

% LYM

% MONO

% EOS

% BASO

Greetings all. Above are my numbers and here is my story.

28 year old man, active tennis player who got out of a career in education that I hated and started anew one that I love. I would think my life would be much better but when I hear stories from my peers in their teens and their 30’s, I feel like I don’t fit in. They all talk about how virile they were, how much sex they had and even when I look at them, they are just muscular and lean I can’t relate. They just look like men.

I most recently had surgery to remove my B cup man-boobs which I have had since I was 15 and when I weighed 170lbs graduating. I got older and now I sit at 275lbs. I work out 3 days a week and I can’t show muscle mass no matter what I do, even with the change in diet. Losing weight has been way hard for me.

And let’s not even talk about sex. When I do have erections they are weak lasting only a minute. So I have yet to have sex and it pains me that I have not been able to.....:(

My mentor of the last 5 years and my trainer both recommended I have my levels checked and they were low. I am now currently waiting another month so my insurance company will pick up the tab on this whole process.

I read “Testosterone: A Man’s Guide- Second Edition” cover to cover when I first heard about it. I read the book rather often as well. I love how easily the book reads and I don't feel like an idiot for reading it either.

There is so much in the forums and it seems a bit overwhelming. Compared to many on this forum, I feel like the gains that I want are modest (be able to drop 30lbs, be able to have an erection that can last and to be able to show muscle mass as I am currently already working out).

Upon starting TRT in a month, what reasonable goals should I be pursuing and what is the best way to go about them?

Any and all advice would be great.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Jupiter

Glad you joined us and that you read my book.

Since you have history of gynecomastia, I would make sure that you get your estradiol tested via sensitive analysis after 6 weeks of starting testosterone (what option will you use?).

I would consider these tests.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...e-and-During-Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy

Here is a review of data from different studies about what to expect:

How long does testosterone take to show effects?
I would also read this side effect table just in case:

Testosterone Side Effect Management Table

Please feel free to ask any questions. We are here to help!

JupiterJazz

Mr. Vergel, I was simply going to go on Androgel upon start of treatment. I read so much about people taking the shots but my biggest concern is that I will royally mess up and poke something that I am not supposed to or draw the wrong levels. I had considered having the nurse do it, but I believe the doctor's office would bill me every time that I came in for an injection and that would be expensive hella fast.

From what I have read in your book, the Androgel seems the most straight forward with the most even of levels.

Thank you for your input!

CoastWatcher

Androgel, when it works, is an excellent method of addressing your low test level. The problem is that it doesn't work for many of us, we simply don't absorb topicals well. But, by all means, give it a try - you'll know soon enough if you get a response. All the best!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
JupiterJazz

Androgel (1.62 % version), Axiron (2 %), and Fortesta are all equally good. Compounded creams (2-10 %) are also good specially if you have no insurance since they tend to be cheap. Most of the time the choice of gel depends on what your insurance will pay or what your doctor prefers.

Where are you getting your TRT from? A cash basis clinic or one that takes insurance?

JupiterJazz

I was just going to have my doctor write me a prescription after I have my labs verified. So it would be a clinic that takes insurance. I am pretty indifferent to either option. I just don't want to be spending any more than $100 a month on treatment. Especially if I am to be on this for the rest of my life........

lcvl

JupiterJazz, I was (and still am) terrified by injections, but using a short insulin pin (30-31g, really tiny needle) makes it incredibly easy and really hard to mess up.
After the first couple months of TRT using a nurse for once a week injections in my butt, now I inject myself smaller doses on M W F, alternating thighs, without any problem. Empowering! :)

PS I use a 25g needle to draw T into the syringe.

JupiterJazz

I have decided to go with a different company instead of waiting the extra month. I will be put on a 10% Testosterone gel. Those come in the mail either tomorrow or tuesday. I will keep you all posted. Though many of you use injections, I still think the gel will work for me as at this point in my life, I do not want to mess anything up by a wrong injection or injury from bruising.

Cheers!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
JupiterJazz

Many men are happy using testosterone gels and creams. I think you made the right decision. They should be prescribed as first line. Injected testosterone is a second line option.

JupiterJazz

I am now on TRT.
I take a 10% testosterone gel daily
Tamoxifen once a week
And an HCG shot 2 days a week.

Out of curiosity, why would the tamoxifen be once a week instead of everyday?

JupiterJazz

Nearly 2 months later I have gone from Total 205 to 260 and free 52 to 87.5 using gels

Yeah it is a 30% change but this is unacceptable given that my peers of my age have levels at 600 and above.

So now I will be moved to 200 mg every 2 weeks via injection... ugh. I hope this works... so far this has been a humongous waste of my time and money.... ARGH!!

lcvl

And let me tell you that following that injection protocol it will probably keep feeling like TRT is not working for you!!!! (been there!)

Try splitting your dosage in half and double the injection frequency. 100mg once a week is a better starting point. But ideally you'd want to inject 50mg every 3.5 days. Higher injection frequency, more stable T levels, smaller quanities injected, less likely to get E2 spikes.

It's just a small tweak that can make all the difference!

CoastWatcher

Nearly 2 months later I have gone from Total 205 to 260 and free 52 to 87.5 using gels

Yeah it is a 30% change but this is unacceptable given that my peers of my age have levels at 600 and above.

So now I will be moved to 200 mg every 2 weeks via injection... ugh. I hope this works... so far this has been a humongous waste of my time and money.... ARGH!!

Sadly, the protocol you describe will probably not be effective. You will see a surge in your testosterone level following 200mg. Then your estradiol will shoot up, E always follows T, and then, by the time of your next injection, you will have eliminated the testosterone from your system. You will be hypogonadal with high estrogen...and feeling miserable. Those of us who have achieved TRT success typically inject multiple times a week - and we inject smaller doses.

Your doctor is using an outdated protocol, and you will pay the price for it.

CoastWatcher

I stand corrected. I got my info today and I will be taking 200mg weekly injections.

That is certainly a step in the right direction. A cautionary note: that is still a lot of testosterone. Most men start on 100mg weekly and work up if necessary. How is your doctor going to monitor your estradiol?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me