Just how does low shbg effect trt?

Buy Lab Tests Online

tmckenzie

I got new blood work in today. Waiting to here what dr says, but just how does low shbg indicate and how does it effect you? I have always had trouble with feeling my best despite trt, but I have several health issues. My result was 8.9, range was 10-57 nmol/ml. Also, cant get my dhea up despite it being compounded in with my cream. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I have low SHBG and the effect can be that you don't really "feel" all the good benefits of TRT even when your blood work shows everything dialed in. In my case, I have more energy than before TRT and I can exercise harder/more than before TRT, but I don't get improved libido, fat loss/muscle gain and improved or elimination of ED. And this is after 4 plus years.

Some people and Doctors don't believe low SHBG is a problem, but just do a Google search on "low SHBG TRT" and you get tons of anecdotal evidence. Here is another thread on this forum that goes into more detail: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...se-SHBG-when-it-is-too-low&highlight=low+SHBG

You may want to try DHEA capsules - I know everybody says that cream works best, but the only way I can get my DHEA in the normal range is via capsules. Everybody is different.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Low SHBG is usually caused by high insulin levels. Insulin is hard to test for in blood. The best way to know if you may have high insulin or insulin resistance (usually the same) is to have your doctor order a glucose tolerance test (2 or 3 hour sample). If it is high, lowering your carb intake, exercising, losing weight or taking metformin may improve glucose metabolism and insulin levels and , thus, increase your sex binding globulin.

Those with insulin resistance usually tend to have high or borderline high fasting triglycerides, so this is another way to tell without actually testing for insulin.

Let me know if you want me to make these tests available on DiscountedLabs.com

tmckenzie

I think mine is related to my kidney disease. Fanconi syndrome. If my phosphorus levels in particular get low, my blood sugar sky rockets, I have empty sella, so thyroid is a problem, I make no cortisol and have to replace it with dexamethasone. I have rickets from undiagnosed fanconi for so long, I am under good care with defy and feel better than I have in some time, maybe I am just impatient. I cannot imagine I am a textbook case. Dhea capsules do not seem to work. Due to the fanconi, I am on 3000 mgs of phosphorus day, a pile of potassium and 150 mls of mag citrate a day, so loose bowels is an understatement. Do they may not stay in me long enough to break down. I guess I should be thank the Lord I am feeling as good as I am.

tmckenzie

Nelson, I know I have insulin issues, and I had read that metformin will raise sbgh, but the dr say my kidney numbers are not good enough to take it. And my diabetes comes and goes. In the last year, I have been on and off insulin for probably 6 times. I have trouble stabilizing my phosphorus levels. If it is good, sugar is normal, If low, I wind up in the hospital with kidney failure and high blood sugar weeks in advance. As I check it daily. But I have just learned to connect to two. It has the dr puzzled. I come in so weak, they start a drip to bring levels up,and within 24 hours, I have to stop insulin as sugar goes normal. Maybe that is the reason for my low levels? I sure to appreciate your input.

I've tested at 12 and 15 this year, never a reason for it or any condition detected in all the bloodwork. Its how I am. Coping with it, this is what I've learned that works for me. This isn't a bad thing at all, when people say that they don't get the benefits of TRT, we have to approach it differently.

I had to put myself on M/W/F injections, my body processes it very quickly. I have a trough of 814 and a 24hr peak of 1475...that fast metabolizing had me on a rollercoaster at twice a week injections, I was way up and then way down. Once a week was a terrible experience.

With M/W/F, i stay up and have a much smoother ride through the week. I dose anastrozole on injection days but just ~.1875 mg per. The low SHBG also results in just as much free Estrogen through the liver as free T. Yes, my Free T is off the charts high even in my trough.

This I feel is THE reason low SHBG guys have a tough time feeling good: E2 is very tough to manage. I've had at least 10 E2 tests this year, it's something I had to keep a very close eye on...like my T, I was up and down and up and down. You see I had to get small AI doses more frequently, paying close attention to the 50hr half-life of Anastrozole.

Bottomline I've put a lot of work in to getting myself where I no longer feel like I need to chase dosing and injection intervals. I feel as good as I want to feel.

I also feel low SHBG guys are on higher doses of TCyp. I read these 100mg/week doses and just couldn't work that low of a dose, my T trough would be subclinically low on those doses. What is working for me is 60mg 3x week.

JIMO

I have low shbg as well. Same issues above. I do injections every other day. Thinking about supplementing a little nasel test in the trough. If I'm not mistaken Nelson is testing this nasel based testosterone out. Wonder how it's going?

ERO

Low SHBG is usually caused by high insulin levels. Insulin is hard to test for in blood. The best way to know if you may have high insulin or insulin resistance (usually the same) is to have your doctor order a glucose tolerance test (2 or 3 hour sample). If it is high, lowering your carb intake, exercising, losing weight or taking metformin may improve glucose metabolism and insulin levels and , thus, increase your sex binding
globulin.

Those with insulin resistance usually tend to have high or borderline high fasting triglycerides, so this is another way to tell without actually testing for insulin.

Let me know if you want me to make these tests available on DiscountedLabs.com

I would be interested in doing those tests on DiscountedLabs.com. Thank you Nelson.

abram134

so tmckenzie you have hypothyroidism if so that is causing low shbg or if you dont another thing that may be causing it is that maybe your yound because older you are higher shbg and i also heard clomid raises shbg saw on google so not sure

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me