Interpreting High Free T Values: Help Requested

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

I'd appreciate some insight.

Seven weeks into a revised protocol I had blood drawn for evaluation and picked the results up from my doctor's patient portal this afternoon (meeting with her next week). Let me be clear: I feel great and am very pleased with my progress. What puzzles me is the Free T value, far higher than I would have imagined.

Protocol: 60mg/IM/every 3.5 days, adding HCG following my consultation next week.

Labs were drawn to determine a "peak" and "trough" (to the extent one exists on a split-dose schedule) and they reflect my Canadian residence as they are reported in PMOL/L

Draw 1 (Peak):
Total T: 24.7 NMOL/L (6.0-27.0); Free T: 866 PMOL/L (179-475); SHBG: 25.9 NMOL/L (19.0-76.0)

Draw 2 (Trough):
Total T: 23.9 NMOL/L (6.0-27.0); Free T: 694 PMOL/L (179-475); SHBG: 26.6 NMOL/L (19.0-76.0)

I should point out this lab report has language on this report that the Free T has been "changed from measured analog to calculated free testosterone method and reference intervals have been adjusted."

Any idea why the Free T level is so far out of range? Does it make any sense? Had it been one test I'd say "lab error." Could it be that they have screwed up in the transition from analog measure to calculated? I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
an SHBG of ~26 isn't very high, it's not low but it's low enough, not like mine @ 12 though! High Free T is typical for low(er) SHBG guys, there's not much binding protein through the liver so much of your T passes through unbound=high Free T. The methodology used here I'm not keen too but that's a logical explanation why your' Free T is off the charts while your total is below max. Its nothing to be concerned about.

CoastWatcher

I was just logging on to change the unit of measure...of course it's Total T was nmol. My albumin, a year ago, was 4.2. As for fasting glucose, it's to be checked next time. My Hemoglobin A1C was 52.

abram134

how old are you is my question because if your shbg is high and in a good range at a high free testosterone then that means your your a little older which is why your shbg is in good range because as you age shbg increases so yeah if you can answer your age

That's an interesting small change between your peak and trough, they're very close, and mine for instance, wildly different peak and trough.
But you're running at roughly 59% free T...that free T calc Nelson linked to is very handy and useful.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me