Thyroid opinions wanted

Buy Lab Tests Online
As my latest investigatory means to becoming optimal I decided to run the thyroid panel from discountedlabs and after the fact I notice it's missing reverse T3 and antibodies, but here are my results:

TSH 2.220 (0.450-4.500)
T4 Free Direct 1.16 (0.82-1.77)
T3 Free Serum 3.7 (2.0 - 4.4)

seems fine, so I get a thermometer (basal 1 minute electronic) under the armpit and:

Time : Temp
0530 : 96.0
1000 : 96.4
1231 : 97.3 (post heavy weightlifting @ 75 minutes plus 5 mile bike ride)
1500 : 96.8
2100 : 96.8 (left), 96.3 (right)

....I'm running awfully cold on body temps, as much as 2.6 degrees colder...

What do you think? Natural Dessicated Thryoid? I have and have used Lugols, I do not use an iodized table salt.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Here's the thing, your FT4 is hanging at around 36% of the Ref. Range, and FT3 is at 71%. Too much variance in my book, and especially having T3 being to the right of T4.

This can be an indicator of pooling. The one way this can obviously be cross checked is with weighing the ratio of your RT3 against FT3. I suspect it's not in balance. Your temp variances also could be a factor. On that subject, you should look into running 3x times per day (2 hours after waking, 2 hours after that, and 2 hours after that ..) .. Do this for 5 days then calculate the averages.

So to clarify, yes, RT3 is needed with TgAb and TPO antibodies, plus you need to look into iron serum, ferritin, iron sat, D3, and cortisol (4x saliva with DHEA correlation analysis).

That's the scoop from my angle ..

Yes Im doing the temp study for three straight days to get a clearer picture of my temp range. I've read about pooling last night. Looking through many tests the last year I can't see that any one ever tested: iron serum, ferritin, iron sat, D3. I'm just starting up with Defy and requested the 4 tube salivary cortisol, as that's another area of my interest.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
When you get your cortisol results, I'll gladly give you some comments on the circadian profile. Yeah, without adequate iron & ferritin, your T3 can't make it to the cells in the body, at least not in optimal fashion. Thus, T3 is roadblocked, pooling is evident. The body compensates to higher RT3 conversion.

Keep me posted ...

Here are my cortisol results, my DHEA-S tested @ 366 (with supplementation @25mg 2x day sublingual, I also use Preg @ 50mg sublingual)

I see a correlation to waking easy in the morning, nearly never with an alarm clock, then yawning throught the say and being very tired in the evening. It seems everything from morning on, I'm running at the minimums and confirms the way I feel; tired.

Attachments

• Carter Saliva Cortisol 12 May 15.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 181
These are my condensed and averaged numbers for a three day temp study, basal thermometer under the armpit for 1 minute

Day 1 avg 96.76
Day 2 avg 96.125
Day 3 avg 96.93

Low: 95.6
High: 98.1

Avg of 3 days: 96.6

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Vince, I didn't go through it thoroughly, but at least at a glance it looks like your adrenals are a bit sluggish. Your early AM should be right towards the top of the reference range, and the two results thereafter also look to be lagging. I usually look for the ZRT circadian profile with the DHEA correlation, but I have a Circadian spreadsheet, I'll look into building a graph with your results and ranges, which might help give it more perspective.

Possibly some adrenal cortex supplements could help (?). What does your physician say? I had some similar issues at one point, and Isocort worked great, BUT, I think they stop making it?

yeah Im reading up on Adrenal Cortex vs the gland, thanks for the info...looks like an acceptable way to up my cortisol morning and mid morning.

Chris would you give me some suggested dosing on Adrenal Cortex, timing and frequency...I presume morning and then midmorning or noon...I have 50mg capsules from PureEncapsulations. THANKS!

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Vince, I don't have any personal experience on your particular product. However, with Isocort, I would take 3 pellets first thing in the morning, and 3 again late morning. You're correct, usually you're aiming to get it administered in the AM, which is where Cortisol is at the peak.

new Thyroid panel will discuss with Defy but I dont see any serious issues, Free T4 is on the low side:

TSH 1.50
Free T4 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
Free T3 3.9 (2.3-4.2)
Reverse T3 16 (8-25)
Thyroglobulin Anti's <1 (< or = 1)
Thyroid Peroxidase Anti's <1 (<9 iu/mL)

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
FT3/RT3 ratio is 24, that's GREAT! FT3 is at upper end of ref. range. That's OK if you're feeling good (not jittery or hyper like)? Pooling won't be a problem with that ratio, so it's just a matter of how you are feeling at this point?

If I had a complaint and may not be Thyroid related but I could use a bit more energy late afternoon and early evening but I've been looking in the Cortisol area for that.

jfullam

Interesting thread, I have been looking at Thyroid and TSH results more closely the last week. I started on TRT with Defy 7-8 weeks ago and feel really good (Free and Total T have come up optimally and all other indicators look good). My latest Blood Work showed a TSH of 3.22. I have never had FT3 and FT4 checked, so thinking maybe I would.
I have heard some mention that difficulty dropping weight and a very low heat rate can be symptoms of Thyroid issues. Those are the only areas I would have any complaints about. I exercise intensely 5+ times per week and eat pretty cleanly but my weight has stayed constant for quite some time. I have my TSH levels tested numerous times over the last 5 years and they are technically in the "normal" range, but a bit varied, with the latest being the highest:
09/30/2015 - 3.22 mcIU/mL
07/31/2015 - 2.87 mcIU/mL
04/23/2015 - 2.80 mcIU/mL
05/30/2014 - 1.19 mcIU/mL
05/22/2012 - 1.38 mcIU/mL
11/29/2010 - 2.22 mcIU/mL
Do you guys see value in digging deeper into my FT3 and FT4 levels?

Its def worth the testing, when Defy contacts you for your 90 day labs ask for all of those listed in post #15. I have insurance that pays 100% so I didn't need to be cost conscious, if you need to I'd omit the antibodies ones.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
jfullam, I think there's quite a bit to discuss with your situation, however, but you are hijacking Vince's thread by posting and asking questions here.

Please start a new thread and I'm sure plenty of members will chime in. Thanks!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me